February 22nd-23rd Disturbance

Tom

OAX referred to that band as "light snow." Lol. I couldn't see 200 feet away.

Down to pixie dust now. Should be more snow showers throughout the night. That's how I think we end up with 2" from this first wave. With the two waves combined, we could easily see 3".

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Holy ! It is absolutely PUKING snow outside! heaviest band i have seen all winter. Probably coming down an inch an hour and have a half inch in 15 minutes already. Lining up nicely on radar

• Like 1

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Holy s**t! It is absolutely PUKING snow outside! heaviest band i have seen all winter. Probably coming down an inch an hour and have a half inch in 15 minutes already. Lining up nicely on radar

I am sensing we have an “overperformer” on our hands tonight. Heavy snow with very low visibility in SW Omaha, and easily a 1/2 to 3/4” of snow down already in a half hour. Plenty more to come here as it looks on radar as well.

Unmelted sleet from Tuesday made a good foundation on the grass here, didn't take much snow to cover the grass here due to that.

Most of our sleet melted up here.

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Glad to hear you guys out west cashed in last night and from the looks of it on radar another batch of heavier snow has just pushed through OMA.  The last wave is making its way into the SE side of LNK and a beeline into OMA.  These returns remind me of the Sat snow event we had out here with intense bursts of snow.  

d**n, there are some embedded 35dbz returns just south of LNK with temps in the low 20's.  This stuff must be insane!

Eyeballing it from my window, I’d say I have between 2-3” as well. Just missed this last heavy band as it went across central Omaha to my east by not more than a couple miles as I am just west of 680 and the snow was just inside the 680 loop. Still nice fluffy flakes coming down though

• Like 1

Eyeballing it from my window, I’d say I have between 2-3” as well. Just missed this last heavy band as it went across central Omaha to my east by not more than a couple miles as I am just west of 680 and the snow was just inside the 680 loop. Still nice fluffy flakes coming down though

It's a shame I just barely slept thru it. I woke up just as the tail end was passing and flake size was smaller.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

HRRR coming pretty dang close to ice storm warning criteria for LNK on the last run. What a nightmare this'll be on top of the snow we got last night.

I think they'll keep with the WWA. Looks like HRRR is an outlier atm.

• Like 1

I am quite confused. NWS point forecast now has a lower end of 3 inches; which is about what I was thinking. However, the upper end is 7?!? Seems a bit excesive and would like to know their thinking. Guessing the afd will be a bit late tonight too, due to the amount going on, so going to be stuck in a limbo for a bit here.

Temp is hovering right around freezing now and melting is happening. Pretty fast too, I'd say 6 drips per second. Not what I like to see with the dry air coming in. At least with precip later, there would be a bit of a security blanket.

Just drove to downtown to drop off some papers and now I'm back home. Pretty big difference. In downtown, there can't be any more than 1.5" on the ground. I could still see blades of grass. I have nearly double that on the Southeast side.