East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

Still 50*F here at 9pm. And it’s supposed to snow?

Looking at the data I'm having serious trouble finding any sign of any true spring weather coming any time soon in fact data is trying for another snow event   on the 25th this upcoming weekend :lol: looks like true spring no make that summer    came in february when we had 80s boy does mother nature have her calender back words.

• Like 1

Snow mixing in now. Sleet/ZR still included. Ambient temperature is starting to fall faster too, down to 31.8*F.

Pretty funny on the first day of spring :lol:

Yeah, pretty fun. Real dendrites coming down now, and finally sticking to the brick walkway and driveway as the sun sets.

The fact we are likey getting 4 to 8 inch is a win considering all the misses we finlly got one that formed right in our region.just like some went over board with the foot plus idea some went over board with the bust idea a few hours ago.we need to remember late season events are complex and considering the complexity of this storm I think the pros did a very good job over all.any one that really thought this would be a foot plus in 95 and in the citys sat there expectation to high as models don't factor mixing and melting to well which is why many stated to cut the numbers in hafe.over all I think the 4 to 8 inch idea with more north and west and less south and east looks to be the right call.this amount of snow is still very impressive for March 21 and our idea for a late season past snow event varfies for this la nina winter.

Picked up ~ 2” in one hour with that deathband. Have maybe 4” on the ground now, light snow, 31*F.

DCA hit 2”/hr! That’s a rarity, lol. They’re now over 3” and counting.

Heaviest snowfall this late @ DCA since at least 1964.

Still coming down good. Haven’t measured in awhile but we’re probably between 5-7” now.

DCA up to 4” on the day, 7.7” for the season. Still a super low number, but at least we’re outside “disaster” territory.

After tomorrow’s upper 70’s, it might actually snow again next week. Would be into April at that point.

Sometimes you just have to lol and roll with it.

Pretty heavy winds and downpours blowing through with the front. Temperature down to 62*F and dropping as of 12:45pm.

High was 75.1*F, occurring around 12:20pm.

A few decent gusts roaring through this afternoon. Strong enough to shake the house a bit.

There was a set of three gusts earlier that were probably into advisory criteria. Very pulsy.

Our last Rain event only gave us 2" of rain, but it was slow and soaked in.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I just had my trip to Texas canceled. I thought I was going to enjoy some thunderstorms on Monday, but given the recent snow forecasts, I am going to enjoy a couple more inches of snow.

We might not be done after this one, lol. A few more more chances through April 10th.

Howling out there..5 minute sustained of 43mph gusting to 52mph on the ultrasonic anemometer.

Morning high of 70*F, down to 58*F now.

Peak sustained wind @ IAD was 40mph, with a peak gust of 51mph. So very similar to here, as usual.

East of the Fall Line, BWI hit 47mph, DCA hit 46mph.

Cherry Blossoms may be short lived.

The latest weather forecast models are predicting anywhere from 6 to 18 inches of snow by Sunday morning, beginning late Friday night, April 6 (all forecast graphics courtesy of Weatherbell.com):

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2018/04/dc-cherry-blossom-peak-to-be-met-by-peak-snow/

IMG_3070.JPG

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Should mostly miss south. Some intermittent snow showers are possible.

Cold front is on the doorstep, though. High was 73*F today but tomorrow will probably struggle to hit 40*F.

Cherry Blossoms may be short lived.

The latest weather forecast models are predicting anywhere from 6 to 18 inches of snow by Sunday morning, beginning late Friday night, April 6 (all forecast graphics courtesy of Weatherbell.com):

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2018/04/dc-cherry-blossom-peak-to-be-met-by-peak-snow/

attachicon.gifIMG_3070.JPG

early in the week the data was showing that but as has been the trend the whole winter now carrying over to spring the models are to amp strong with the storms 5 to 7 days out and ends up much weaker and to the south or to far north where we get mostly miss.some years have a tendcey to repeat them selfs and it has certainly done that this year.

Going down to 38* tonight, damp, cold, windy. Nearly froze me arse off going to the store today.

High of 86* by Thursday. That should be sufficient to kill half of us off. Really, this winter has been seriously weird here this year.

I don't think I have been this chilled in a Texas winter. Windy, just a misery.

• Like 1

Beautiful day today. Temperatures easily rising through the mid-70s, dewpoints waaay down in the 30s, and a regionwide blizzard of cherry blossom petals.

Becoming gusty, though. Red Flag Warning issued for said low humidity, winds to 40mph, and the resultant decrease in fuel moisture values (8-10%).

The areas of the Panhandles of Texas, Oklahoma, and northern Colorado into Arizona are dealing with drought. This drought is expected to intensify and expand this year.

Fire season is upon us and having lived around wildfire I am not looking forward to this summer. I live SW of Ft. Worth and we have already had a 2000 acre fire just down the road from us. A 500 acre fire is big, so anything beyond that grows exponentially. Oklahoma just battled a 120,000 acre wildfire last night.

We have scattered showers today but it was preceded with some large lightning strikes capable of setting off wildfires. Buckle up.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap.aspx

The areas of the Panhandles of Texas, Oklahoma, and northern Colorado into Arizona are dealing with drought. This drought is expected to intensify and expand this year.

Fire season is upon us and having lived around wildfire I am not looking forward to this summer. I live SW of Ft. Worth and we have already had a 2000 acre fire just down the road from us. A 500 acre fire is big, so anything beyond that grows exponentially. Oklahoma just battled a 120,000 acre wildfire last night.

We have scattered showers today but it was preceded with some large lightning strikes capable of setting off wildfires. Buckle up.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap.aspx

Anywhere west of I-35 is going to be a disaster this year in my state, I'm afraid. If it were any other state it would be a national disaster but "Oh well, it's just Oklahoma, they're used to it." Lol.

Careful down there, friend. I remember the Bastrop fires years ago and that was awful. A bunch of men in my little company that I worked for here at the time sent aid for all of those folks. It was really sad.