East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

High of 87*F here today. Too fast!

Wow! That's toasty man. I'm kinda thinking I may end up in the "Goldilocks" spot here in the Ozarks this warm season. We'll see though. I hope you do not get hammered with heatwaves this summer, given that I know neither of us care for heat that much. Stay cool.

• Like 2

Despite the rain we received this year Texas is seeing a serious fire threat future.

All of the SW will be battling fires. This will be hard on ranchers, farmers and food prices.

This is just this week. The affected territory will grow.

Winds are high currently and no rain in sight

IMG_3075.GIF

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Anywhere west of I-35 is going to be a disaster this year in my state, I'm afraid. If it were any other state it would be a national disaster but "Oh well, it's just Oklahoma, they're used to it." Lol.

Careful down there, friend. I remember the Bastrop fires years ago and that was awful. A bunch of men in my little company that I worked for here at the time sent aid for all of those folks. It was really sad.

Thank you my friend. The Bastrop fires were just horrendous. We are very concerned. The Panhandle fires recently were very chilling as 3 good people lost their lives, a young nurse and 2 young farmers that were trying to save their herd.

In 2010 there was a fire that began in Bowie Texas and raced all the way to Nokona. It only took 15 minutes to destroy all that land. With the 2000 acre fire near me this year we are all on the lookout.

I'm lucky that I'm surrounded on the windward side by a golf course and their sprinklers. It saved us once, maybe it will again.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

We were awoken to an explosive clap of thunder a few hours ago. Some epic ducting under the inversion. Gf and family are back to sleep, but I’m still wide-eyed.

Racked up 2” of rain in 2hrs..total of 2.21” since midnight, 2.30” for the event in total. Might hit 2.5” before the cold front blows through.

The 40-50mph winds last night tore off most of the flowers. Came from the wrong direction (E/SE) so the trees didn’t handle it very well. Lots of limbs downed and many trees uprooted, as their root systems grow to withstand W/NW winds.

Now westerly winds have returned behind the cold front, some periods of rain/sleet sneaking over the mountains during the last few hours (the ridges are currently experiencing quite the upslope blizzard).

With all the wind you guys have received this year, I'm surprised you have any trees standing.

• Like 1

Had a gusty snow shower ~ 30mins ago.

Haha, wow. If this pattern had occurred in January, it would have been one heck of a winter.

Beautiful afternoon, high of 62.6*F with light winds and sunshine.

Looks like another breezy day behind the cold front tomorrow, but my hunch is downsloping overwhelms the cold advection just long enough for temps to approach 60*F. So hopefully not as brutal as yesterday.

Showery today, a bit breezy since 11AM too.

Winchester gusted to 55mph, so there are some higher gusts out west. Whether or not they make it here remains to be seen.

There's no doubt that North Texas has had a cooler than usual April to date. I don't have to be a met to observe that plants are behind in their growth and I'm chilled outside many/most days.

We've had a lot of wind this month as well. It just roars. They've begun issuing driving warnings due to wind speed. This will add to the wildland wildfire danger as the drought west, may expand to North Texas.

• Like 1

Rain mañana !

That is all.

55* Light shower. Low of 46*.

A nice English spring day.

Low of 32.7*F this morning. Hopefully not cold enough to cause problems for the hybrid willows we just planted.

Now in the mid-60s with dewpoints crashing into the teens/low 20s on downsloping.

Might get our first 90*F high of the year this week.

Thankfully, humidity looks pretty low through the duration of the warm spell..dewpoints peak in the low 60’s on most guidance, and that’s right before the frontal passage. Most of the time, dews are in the 50s. So, looks pretty tolerable overall.

I'm 80* windy, rain on the way, maybe severe on Thursday.

So glad to see rain, with drought on your doorstep, rain's always good.

Too warm. Could hit 90 degrees today. At least the humidity is low.

Potentially some very interesting developments in the regional climate department, though. The North Atlantic appears to be entering into a cold event of some sort. I’m not sure whether it’s a short term or long term thing, but the implications of the circulation associated with said events favor reduced hurricane activity, an expanded PV/Arctic cold pool in eastern Canada during the winter/spring, deep convection of the subarctic NATL waters, and eventual cooling and ice growth across the NE-Canada/NATL domain.

It's Spring in Texas

It's Gorgeous

What one say?......."More Please?"

It's Spring in Texas

It's Gorgeous

What one say?......."More Please?"

I don't know how you handle the humidity down there. It's less humid up here where I am and I absolutely hate it right now. I'm not much of a warm weather fan though so I have an admitted bias.

The humidity has actually been pretty low here so far this spring/summer.

I know it won’t last, but it has been nice. Makes these afternoons in the 80s and 90s very tolerable.

Heh, I’d rather have big heat/low humidity than average temperatures/high humidity. Living here, it’s only a matter of time before the 70-80 degree dewpoints come a knockin’.

Me too, but it's like my state is divided at I-35 right now. Low DPs/High heat west and lower heat/High DPs east.

Tomorrow could be interesting in the severe weather department. Might be a nocturnal event based on the timing of the frontal passage, but this one has potential if if doesn’t miss north.

Warm front is north of us, so we’re beginning to roast in the warm sector.

That said, we’re still capped pretty good here. Need to break it somehow.

• Like 1

90-92 for the next 10 days. Sunny, dry.

Hey, it's Texas in the late Spring, early summer...what did you expect ? :)

Warm front is north of us, so we’re beginning to roast in the warm sector.

That said, we’re still capped pretty good here. Need to break it somehow.

they went for a tornado watch for our region interesting.the question those does this varfi with some good storms.p.s I can see those why Phil they went with the tornado watch the velicity in north centure and northeast Maryland are very impressive and is maximized which could potentially cause storms to rotate in some parts there.