East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

Wut? I don’t see how this could possibly verify today.

Heavy overcast, fog, and drizzle have dominated the entire day. And elevated instability rarely transfers severe conditions to the surface.

But..we’ll see!

xTOlhvP.jpg

Hey Phil, wake up! Check your Messenger ! :lol:

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Lol, really SPC? Will probably be like one supercell, way down in Central Virginia.

But again..we’ll see!

YhRAajG.jpg

Lol, really SPC? Will probably be like one supercell, way down in Central Virginia.

But again..we’ll see!YhRAajG.jpg

I also dislike the new wording on tornado watch's like yesterday possablty of a few strong tornados really? This is something new they are doing personally they should have stuck with the old way this new way could easily confuse the plubic.

Hmm..I don’t see any messages from you?

Okay, I reposted it.  It's in Messages

Give it a check.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

biggest storms looks to past just south of me this looks like a Dc dare I say it special in the making there's a tornado warned storm on the top of the line the tops of these storms are insane would not be surprised if there were more big hail reports this evening.Dc looks to get raked pretty soon looking at radar.

biggest storms looks to past just south of me this looks like a Dc dare I say it special in the making there's a tornado warned storm on the top of the line the tops of these storms are insane would not be surprised if there were more big hail reports this evening.Dc looks to get raked pretty soon looking at radar.

#DerechoTheSwamp :lol:

• Like 1

#DerechoTheSwamp :lol:

yep the storm part of the line is staying South of me just light to moderate rain no wind but thats ok we got ours saterday night which was pretty impressive.looks like a active week over all with a tropical low in the south same low that the gfs was advertising a southeast hurricane last week on it runs :lol: along with a stalled front and other systems should be plenty of shower and storm chances this week.
  • Like 1

Solid storm yesterday, but not severe here. Winds gusted to around 40mph and it got pitch black for awhile. Oh, and it rained a lot.

Nocturnal thunderstorm here, been going for 2hrs straight with flashbulb lightning and booming thunder. Might continue for the rest of the night based on radar.

Gonna be hard to get back to sleep, I suspect.

Nocturnal thunderstorm here, been going for 2hrs straight with flashbulb lightning and booming thunder. Might continue for the rest of the night based on radar.

Gonna be hard to get back to sleep, I suspect.

man the sky has certainly turned on the water for a while we could not by much of anything now we getting round after round of it.

man the sky has certainly turned on the water for a while we could not by much of anything now we getting round after round of it.

Couldn’t be denied for long. Recently we’ve been getting around 50% of our annual rainfall between the months of May and August.

Blech..91*F, dewpoint of 73*F, heat index of 100*F.

Storms probably don’t arrive until 7pm or later, after peak heating. Gonna be a long a** summer.

Blech..91*F, dewpoint of 73*F, heat index of 100*F.

Storms probably don’t arrive until 7pm or later, after peak heating. Gonna be a long a** summer.

long summers is what we do best at.also looks like a heavey rain event possible Thursday into saterday for the region that low in the gulf looks to come north with the combination of the Bermuda high has that heavy rain pattern feel to it.

classic northeast severe weather outbreak today tornado warnings all over the place up there.you can see why there is concern about the flooding aspect here tonight the tropica moisture from the low in the gulf and the line up north looks to be combining and this the possible training effect later on and the big question is where that front stalls out.

Rainy and humid today, following yesterday’s thunderstorms.

Flood watch in effect for another 3-5” of rain.

99* Tomorrow. Low of 72*

That's no typo.

50% chance of rain Monday ...High of 87*.

Looks like summer is almost here.

Way north Fred. Didn't even see the lightning.

Hot today too. Like 99.

Didn't stop the golfers though!

Rain would be nice though.

Between 5-10” of rain has fallen across the area this month so far. Drought is history.

And there’s more coming. Severe chances increase again on Monday as well. Perhaps as early as Sunday.

Hope you get your Rain Phil.

Western Texas is dealing with drought and we are all on standby for it. Fearsome things Drought.

They believe the area will expand this summer.

We received a nice thunderstorm early this morning.

.75" of rain. Still overcast and high will be in the mid 80's.

Just a grand thing, thunderstorms. We'd like more!

Between 5-10” of rain has fallen across the area this month so far. Drought is history.

And there’s more coming. Severe chances increase again on Monday as well. Perhaps as early as Sunday.

the models today have really lesson the thunderstorm chances at least for tommore as the data has gotten more aggressive with pushing the front futher south on recent runs where as before they had it stalled in our region the big question is how far north does it come back on Tuesday or is this is one of these cases where the front gets hung up to the south and we get just showers with the next fronted system Tuesday through Wednesday night.next weekend and last week of may may have a weak tropica system in the gulf if so another heavy rain potential sometime in the last week of may seems like a likey hood.regardless how this week's gos we could be looking at a repeat of the severe weather pattern end of may or early june but this time adding a tropica depressing or storm to the mix?

So, Phil, I was just dropping in to ask you a question. You posted some charts a few days back in the western group. I couldn't help but notice that they correlated quite well with how winter has shown up later each season since the last one showed a negative anomaly in 2000, and then 2002. Since, they were all positive. I wish I could remember the names of the 3 charts you used. IF we see the flip that you speak of over there at times, does this mean that we could end the cold springs and start seeing normal autumns and winters again over the next few years? Talking generally and Nationwide. I know each season is different, but I was just curious as to what you thought. There seems, to my eyes and by looking at various things like SSTS, to be a major climate transition set to occur over the next year or 2. Thoughts? I'm not talking like October 2000 kind of cold but at least not blowtorching through December 20th from my area all the way to the east coast would be a nice treat. Anyway, you provoked my curiousity.

Hey Phil, What's your take on the drought around the Texas Panhandle?

Will it migrate/grow east or west?

This is the chart.

K6fG807.png

That’s the Sep-Nov Atlantic meridional mode. Essentially, the SSTA contrast between the equatorial Atlantic and the tropical North Atlantic.

If that flips, it represents a huge shake-up in the seasonality of the global circulation, and yes, you would see colder autumns in the Arctic, retracting z-cells, and probably a reversal in some of the climate trends in recent decades.

That’s the Sep-Nov Atlantic meridional mode. Essentially, the SSTA contrast between the equatorial Atlantic and the tropical North Atlantic.

If that flips, it represents a huge shake-up in the seasonality of the global circulation, and yes, you would see colder autumns in the Arctic, retracting z-cells, and probably a reversal in some of the climate trends in recent decades.

That's the way I thought I understood it! Thank you sir!

• Like 1

First week of June....100* to 104*.

WHA .!!....... 6 weeks too early!