East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

I’m clearly paying off some karma. A tiny shower popped up right overhead and spiked the dewpoint to 82*F.

Why? What did I do?

4doFbO4.jpg

IM1pjcK.jpg

It’s hard to breathe outside..88/82, heat index 108.

Haze is so thick the sky looks white and visibility is something like 500ft.

Briefly spiked to 90/82, heat index 111. One of the nastiest June afternoons I can remember.

If it were mid/late July or early August, this would be more typical, and more tolerable since we’d be more acclimated to humidity by then. This is like a kick to the nuts. Debilitating.

Heavy downpours today. About 1.65” of rain in 30mins, some rumbles of thunder too but nothing remotely close to my area.

High of 92*F this afternoon with a dewpoint of 78*F before the convection knocked us down to a much more tolerable 76/74 by evening.

Almost 10” of rain here over the last 3 weeks.

More in the pipeline too.

I can't imagen a tropica system later on this summer fall with how wet things have been for most of the region if there's ever a year we may get hit with a tropical system this maybe the year for it :lol: looks like another active weekend with thunderstorms as well.

Another 2.4” of rain today, with 1.67” of it falling in just 15mins. This after 1.65” fell yesterday.

Dewpoint has been hovering between 70-75*F all day. Hopefully tomorrow is less soggy.

Feels like the washing machine is out of balance lately.

Last night we had a front race across us. The storms fell apart, but we got one heck of a light show and thunder with high winds.

This is the type of stuff that can spark off some very ugly wildfires. In this dry spell, were all on edge. That wind would drive a fire faster than responders can stamp it out.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Is there ANY reprieve? I'd just be happy if it wouldn't be in the 100's for 6 weeks.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

You could go through your whole life and never see one of these babies.

People were calling it in as a UFO.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/06/24/ominous-formation-identified-as-rare-roll-cloud/

IMG_3246.JPG

• Like 2

The last few days were lovely. Today less so.

Yesterday evening was the nicest so far this summer with temps in the upper 70s and a dewpoint around 60*F.

Overcast today, but the moisture pump is back on with gusty southerly winds and dewpoints in the mid-70s.

Weird/annoying how this climate just flips from textbook continental to full-on tropical every year over the span of just a few weeks. It’s almost monsoonal.

• Like 1

IMG_3247.JPG

• Like 1

Yesterday was likely our last day in the 80’s for quite a while. High was 88*F with a dewpoint around 70*F, so essentially an average day for late June.

Today looks like low 90s, Saturday looks like mid 90s, and Sunday-Tuesday look like mid/upper 90s. Then we cool back to the low 90s thereafter, but it will probably be even more humid. No 80’s in sight, as of now.

101* today

Humidity 79% this morning.

Pressure 30.14

Dew point 71*

We're in the cooker family or now, but it could be worse. We could be in Illinois. Upper Midwest is a broiler.

• Like 1

We're sitting at 97* and 67* dewpoint at 2:15 pm

Muggy might be an understatement.  The good news to that and humidity at 40% is our wildfire risks are lower.

It feels like Washington DC in August. ^_^

I think were having simialr weather, but glad I'm not in Illinois.

103* high

67* dewpoint...yeah.

Humidity 36%

An area about 5 miles north of me hit 106*.

I know it's useless to ask or even comment but Rain would be nice.

A really good front with lots of rain.

I'm very concerned about grass fires.

High of 94 with a dewpoint of 71. Uncomfortable, but tolerable compared to what’s coming up.

I think we might see our first 100*F day on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully the humidity isn’t too outrageous.

Honestly, this summer is looking like it will be bloody awful.

At noon it's 95*

Dewpoint 75*

Humidity 48%

Heading for 102*. ( maybe 103* )

I think I'm going to hate this summer. We aren't even in our so-called hot months.

Was 91/77 and gross at 11AM, then a few downslope gusts mixed out the humidity a bit. Now 95/69. Which actually feels nicer, ironically.

Might approach 100*F later this afternoon if the river breeze doesn’t make it here.

Wow, Phil. that old DC Summer Swamp Creature on the loose!

We have 101* till Wednesday when temps will dip to a chilly 93-94 for about a week. 

So the 4th will not be deadly heat here.

Nice line of thunderstorms developed NW of me from the Texas border south, but looks like I lose out.  

If the humidity will drop, I can cope.

DCA is 96/75, heat index 110. Yucky.

Here it’s 99/72, heat index 109. More west wind here, but essentially splits the difference in the end.

D**n.   That's hot.

We're at 101* at 7pm  23% humidity though.

Tomorrow it will drop to 96* and Thursday 94* but higher humidity. 

it'll feel awful