East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

North Carolina has yet to face the worst. Also, a nuclear power plant is in crisis and they're trying to get to it. Add to that 100,000 dead pigs and their waste and you have the foundation for a disaster movie.

The cleanup and rebuild will be a very heavy lift.

the worse is yet to come  over the next few days there as the Rivers crest peak so while the weather may be nicer the flooding will still be getting worse .

An impressive band of storms now in the southwest must watch these very carefully for the over night hours kind of unease to have these storms blow up like this at night.Hopefully nothing to strong comes out of these tonight but giving the history of today and a tropical system we always have to be wary of storms with possible spin ups.PA NJ Del are also going to be having an increasing threat tonight into tomorrow morning as well

Explosive lightning/thunder for multiple hours tonight. A few bolts struck within a 500-1000ft radius.

Picked up another ~ 1.25” of rain. Another muggy night as well..75/73 right now. Dewpoints have been in the 70s for the entire week.

IT WONT STOP RAINING.

Yet another downpour this morning. Dewpoint of 76*F and foggy with humidity still at almost 100% as of 12:30pm.

So Phil, what's your total rain so far with Florence?

Honest to God, this is the slowest D**n tropical system I've seen in eons.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

So Phil, what's your total rain so far with Florence?

Honest to God, this is the slowest d**n tropical system I've seen in eons.

Not too much, ~ 1.3”. But it just adds to the gargantuan totals we’ve racked up this summer. We’ve had 61” of rain here since May 1st.

Holy Smoke!

The ground must be like mush. No wonder trees are falling in storms.

Do you think this moisture will continue in the east through the winter?

How might that impact snow totals ?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Very soggy this week.

We received 2.5" rain last night.  Still misty out there.  50% chance tomorrow and Wed.-Fri. a 30% chance of rain. 

Flash Flooding all over North Texas tonight.

Quite a wet September.  We usually don't see rain like this until October on. Is El Nino affecting us already ?

And the rain is back what else is new right :lol: a cool raw and wet first full day of fall.

Good riddance to the hottest 2 months I've experienced in a very long time. It was a misery.

Hello fall ! We're a cool, cloudy 68* with a high of 72* today. Slightly misty/ foggy.

Oh yeah, I take this.

I'm just so weary of summer.

Now at 9.33” of rain this month. At least it’s a cooler rain this time.

61/60 as of 130pm. Feels chilly. :lol:

DFW has wettest September in 86 years.

Dallas-Fort Worth has received more than four times the normal amount of rain for the month of September — and there's more in the forecast next week.

Rainfall totals recorded between 6 a.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Saturday were the highest in the area since 1932, the National Weather Service reported.

Over the past two days, 7.65 inches of rain were recorded, the highest total since 9.57 inches fell over Sept. 4-5, 1932.

The normal rainfall average in September is 2.55 inches. By Saturday, the gauge at DFW International Airport had recorded over 11 inches for the month, according to the National Weather Service.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2018/09/22/wettest-september-ever-dallas-fort-worth-shatters-86-year-old-record

Other areas had far more.

• Like 1

More rain this morning. O boy.

Why can't this happen over a period of 4-5 months?

It's going to be a long wet winter, I think.

Summer won’t die. Dewpoint is 75*F today with a heat index of 95*F. Might see some thunderstorms later with the cold front (will only be a temporary reprieve, however).

Received another inch of rain this morning as a front passed through.

It's currently 69* at the heat of the day and dewpoint of 55*. Gorgeous!

Breezy. Love it!

My God Phil. How close?

Hope everything is okay.

The aftermath was much less impressive than it “felt” at the time. Some large boulders and some mud tumbled down the ravine, and into the roaring creek. Those heavy rocks probably caused the shaking we felt.

Funny how it was snowing on April 17th, but we’re still seeing 85-90 degree days in October. Seasonal lag is an absolute b*tch sometimes.

Some nice supercells up in PA yesterday. Blowoff from the tops made it all the way down here. Meanwhile, we have mid-80s again today with some downsloping NW winds drying out the profile a bit.

Might reach 90*F tomorrow with the southwesterlies pumping in the swamp air ahead of the next “cold” front.

Might get brushed by some gusty convection ~ 7pm.

Looks like ~ 50mph straight line winds in there.

EDSC4qi.jpg

DCA hit 90*F today. Topped out at 88.7*F here.

Dewpoint is now 75*F as the Sun sets. Disgusting weather by October standards.

Pop-up downpour with sunny skies here. Tiny cell with nothing else in the region, haha.

Dewpoint hovering in the mid-70s, temps in the low 80s.

The move to autumn might finally begin later this week following the passage of hurricane Michael. The Bermuda High looks to begin weakening with some troughing moving in over the weekend.

Might still be a prolonged process with numerous ups/downs along the way, but in the long run, I think it’s safe to say this will be a turning point, as far as the seasonal transition is concerned.

Until then, we still have a few more warm/humid days left in the pipeline this week.

• Like 1

The move to autumn might finally begin later this week following the passage of hurricane Michael. The Bermuda High looks to begin weakening with some troughing moving in over the weekend.

Might still be a prolonged process with numerous ups/downs along the way, but in the long run, I think it’s safe to say this will be a turning point, as far as the seasonal transition is concerned.

Until then, we still have a few more warm/humid days left in the pipeline this week.

got to give credit on this one to Larry Cosgrove as he was talking about this set up for the past few month quite a good forecast from him.
  • Like 1

We got 1 1/2" of rain with this last fron in Texas

Hurricane Michael is almost a Cat 5. It hasn't gotten the publicity it needs as it will have a 12-15' storm surge.

They're saying this is the strongest storm Florida has seen in 100 yrs.

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

Wind is roaring outside..over 40mph easy. Cool/dry air moved in like a wall behind the front..63/54 as of 230AM.

Goodbye summer, hello fall/winter!

• Like 1

Monday will bring us a high of 49* and low of 43* with 1 inch of rain.

Some snow forecast for the upper Texas Panhandle. :lol: this is just nuts!

That was a legit front last night. Dewpoint has dropped over 30 degrees since this time yesterday. Winds were reaching 40-50mph from 2AM to 4AM during the heart of the pressure surge.

Currently 62/45 with a deep blue autumn sky and bright sunshine.

Snow due in Texas Panhandle

IMG_3410.PNG

The last time in snowed in October in Amarillo was on October 27, 2011.

The National Weather Service said it is expected it will rain early Sunday morning in Amarillo that will transition to snow around sunrise.

Red Sky at Morning.

This was our sunrise this morning taken from down the road from me.

This is the PreShow before all the rain and flash flooding we'll have this coming week.

F83E6710-FCD3-44D9-98A4-A174E05F4D98-703-0000005846C9FD1D.jpeg

Down into the upper 40s this evening for the first time since late May/early June. Expecting some chilly showers overnight with the shortwave passage then more gusty NW winds tomorrow afternoon. Lows could drop into the mid/upper 30s Sunday/Monday as well, with some frost also possible.