March 3th-7th Bowling Ball

Tom

I got 0.8" of snow.  This stuff is less than 5 to 1 ratio, real slop.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Threaded the needle this afternoon here. Replay of radar really shows how fortunate we were here. Totals here 25 miles east of roch should be a good chunk higher than there I would think...

How much do you have right now? I measured about 4” here and it’s still snowing. Most models show another 2” falling overnight. Will be the third event of at least 6” in the last 2 weeks. No complaints at all.

Wow, almost blizzard like conditions here with over an inch of snow. Maybe 1-2 more through early afternoon. Roads snow packed and lots of blowing snow.

Radar looks good out in E NE right now.  With the ULL spinning just to your E/NE, you guys are in an ideal spot to be in for the next few hours.  I gotta say, this has been an amusing storm to track over the past week or so.  I haven't seen a system like this in many years.  It's funny how much blocking can throw curve balls.  Just a couple days ago your area had now snow in the forecast and now your cashing in more snow than us over here.

Current conditions in OMA: That wind is whippin'!

Current conditions at Omaha - Eppley Airfield (KOMA)Lat: 41.31°NLon: 95.9°WElev: 978ft.
nsn.png

Light Snow Fog/Mist and Windy

26°F

-3°C

Humidity 84% Wind Speed W 29 G 43 mph Barometer 29.61 in (1003.6 mb) Dewpoint 22°F (-6°C) Visibility 0.75 mi Wind Chill 10°F (-12°C) Last update 6 Mar 5:52 am CST
  • Like 1

Is that band sitting across OMA legit?

I am on the southwest side of the city, so haven't got into the really good stuff yet. Looks like some 35 dbz returns just to our north and west up towards Fremont... has to be rip city under that band. 

I can't even begin to estimate how much snow has fallen, maybe an inch to an inch and a half, as the snow is literally blowing around everywhere with the constant 40-45 mph wind gusts. Also the main eastbound Interstate highway through Omaha is closed (Interstate 80) due to a massive accident and white out conditions. Going to be a fun drive into work here in a little bit for myself. 

• Like 1

I am on the southwest side of the city, so haven't got into the really good stuff yet. Looks like some 35 dbz returns just to our north and west up towards Fremont... has to be rip city under that band. 

I can't even begin to estimate how much snow has fallen, maybe an inch to an inch and a half, as the snow is literally blowing around everywhere with the constant 40-45 mph wind gusts. Also the main eastbound Interstate highway through Omaha is closed (Interstate 80) due to a massive accident and white out conditions. Going to be a fun drive into work here in a little bit for myself. 

Sounds pretty wild!  I'd like to be there to experience that in a heart beat.  Stay safe on the ride to work.  

Heavy snow overnight. Easily the fastest snowfall rate of the winter. Unfortunately it was overnight because good pictures are hard to get in the dark. At least with my awful camera skills. At least you don't have to take my word for it.

1000 PM SNOW 2 S PLOVER 44.42N 89.53W
03/05/2018 M2.2 INCH PORTAGE WI CO-OP OBSERVER

HEAVY SNOW OCCURRING. 2.2 INCHES IN 1.5 HOURS.
  • Like 3

Snow was so heavy it weighed down the grass. So our 1”-1.5” is effectively covering the grass. Still expecting on and off snow showers today with maybe 0.5” more. It’s a pretty picturesque 1” though.

• Like 1

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

What we have on the ground right now is pure cocaine. I'm pleasantly surprised as I went to bed thinking it'd be slop. I'd estimate about a half inch on the ground. May squeeze out 1-1.5" depending on where the heavy band goes and if it dissipates.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I can't be the only one that mows the lawn really short in the fall just to make it easier for the snow to cover it completely.

Snow was so heavy it weighed down the grass. So our 1”-1.5” is effectively covering the grass. Still expecting on and off snow showers today with maybe 0.5” more. It’s a pretty picturesque 1” though.

• Like 3