April Weather in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

It’s also been interesting how this last month has had an ebb and flow to it on a smaller scale. The weather has tended to clear out throughout the week and then the heavier torughs have come through on the weekends. That has been a consistent pattern the last 3-4 weeks.

It’s also been interesting how this last month has had an ebb and flow to it on a smaller scale. The weather has tended to clear out throughout the week and then the heavier torughs have come through on the weekends. That has been a consistent pattern the last 3-4 weeks.

Timing does make a huge difference in the overall perception of the weather. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

So repeat of 2017?

Not over North America or the North Atlantic! As of now, only the Pacific Hadley Cell remains expanded relative to 1981-2010 climo. The IO/ATL z-cell networks have have both contracted equatorward w/ the forcing west of the dateline, and are no longer absurdly large/slow. At long last.

Any similarities to 2017 over North America should vanish when the U-winds flip easterly above the tropical tropopause, and the off-equator forcing weakens. Which will happen sometime in JJA, I suspect.

• Like 1

Not over North America or the North Atlantic! As of now, only the Pacific Hadley Cell remains expanded relative to 1981-2010 climo. The IO/ATL z-cell networks have have both contracted equatorward w/ the forcing west of the dateline, and are no longer absurdly large/slow. At long last.

Any similarities to 2017 over North America should vanish when the U-winds flip easterly above the tropical tropopause, and the off-equator forcing weakens. Which will happen sometime in JJA, I suspect.

I was not really expecting a repeat of the year before.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

This is good news.

• Like 1

This is good news.

Haha, well it probably depends on your perspective. An “average” summer might make Andrew happy, but I’m sure Tim is rooting for another blowtorch.

Definitely a good trend for the weekend on recent model runs.   Looks warm with maybe some mountain convection on the 00Z GFS.

Haha, well it probably depends on your perspective. An “average” summer might make Andrew happy, but I’m sure Tim is rooting for another blowtorch.

I am not cheering for a scorching hot summer.   I just don't want a wet and cold summer.  

May 2012 was fantastic

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.