3/11 - 3/12 Winter Storm

Tom

according to abc 7 chicago weather that the heaviest will be south and east of the city of chicago.

As much as you would all like to rip on him, I think this is the way to lean at this point, which could be subject to change, because the models still obviously don't have a great handle on this yet. This one doesn't look like it's gonna be too much for me unless that northern stream can somehow give me something, but if it does, that probably wouldn't bode as well for you Chicagoians because it would be a later phase.

<GFS

NAM

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/NAM-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2014031000&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=084

I believe Bastardi was rooting for a track to crush State College. lol

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Any chance of les?

There's not enough of a temp difference for any significant Delta Ts. Probably shut down for the season. You should be good for some convective snow - maybe.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

I haven't been following this storm the past few days as I was in sunny Florida and just got back but I am surprised to see the NW trend on most of the modeling. The NAM has been bullish as usual but does have some backing from some of the models except the Euro. The Euro has been very conservative with qpf most of this winter so I would discount it at this time.

The question on everyones mind is how far NW this storm can go. Best guess for me is I don't have a clue. Seasonable trends tell you more NW, the winter trend has been SE as we get closer to the storm, where does the baro zone setup shop and will the northern stream force this storm further south?  

Since all of you are better educated then me when it comes to knowing the weather it will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

After being in Florida I am surely ready for warm weather but if we could get 1 major storm to close out this winter then I for one am willing to wait for the warmth. Anything less than 6" will really not do it so hope for this puppy to blow up quicker and trend stronger/further NW.

Was wondering were you went Tony.  I see you brought the warmth today from FL!  This system has been very tricky to track the past few days.  As of late, models are showing it phasing better for us to get a decent snowfall in N IL but the most significant snowfall will be east of here.

Was wondering were you went Tony.  I see you brought the warmth today from FL!  This system has been very tricky to track the past few days.  As of late, models are showing it phasing better for us to get a decent snowfall in N IL but the most significant snowfall will be east of here.

I wanted you guys get a taste of spring fever before the snow started to fly again!

• Like 1