April 13th-16th Spring Bowling Ball Powerhouse

Tom

We may be seeing an upgrade to slight risk here Friday with the way the NAMily is looking. Looks like here will be the place for storms to form.

Nam showing the possibility of low top super-cells.....at least at the 850 mb level. This has the making of everything around and out in front of the ULL. Could see blizzard warnings and thunderstorm/tornado warnings within a couple counties of each other. Oh yeah, and our school has prom this Saturday......

Nam showing the possibility of low top super-cells.....at least at the 850 mb level. This has the making of everything around and out in front of the ULL. Could see blizzard warnings and thunderstorm/tornado warnings within a couple counties of each other. Oh yeah, and our school has prom this Saturday......

~2600 j/kg CAPE, no capping, dew points the exact same as the temps, and 80kt bulk shear on top of me.

• Like 2

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Nice looking NAM and hires nam for storms Friday. Severe storms Friday evening to 2-3 inches of snow the next day. I'll take it! Excited to see the GFS and EURO tonight.

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

I'm sorry, but I think the GFS is off its rocker. Its even further north and west so you'd think eastern NE would get severe storms right as the low is further west right? Nope...still way east into Iowa. Doesn't make any sense at all. Gotta use common sense here

I'm sorry, but I think the GFS is off its rocker. Its even further north and west so you'd think eastern NE would get severe storms right as the low is further west right? Nope...still way east into Iowa. Doesn't make any sense at all. Gotta use common sense here

I find it weird how it has the low farting around in NE Nebraska forever. Yeah, GFS is disagreeing with itself like it sometimes does. I think it's too moist biased over in Iowa as well.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Yup

NAM/GEM south

GFS north

Icon has the low farther south but precip farther north

I don't know a time where the ICON model was right, and usually I look at it too. 

First Blizzard Warnings already up in W SD and likely more to be issued later today.  I got this feeling a historic storm system is in the works.  This should be quite an entertaining 2-3 day stretch of weather in terms of the severe side, to the Blizzard, and the very cold temps for the time of year.

@CentralNeb, your in line for a memorable storm system my friend...not to far away, Gabel may be riding the edge as well...

Tab2FileL.png?b4f0db8e83978c206ecc8ff2b8

Meanwhile, the 00z Euro advertising an MSP special with 12"+, including GoSaints and east into GRB area...

• Like 2

First Blizzard Warnings already up in W SD and likely more to be issued later today. I got this feeling a historic storm system is in the works. This should be quite an entertaining 2-3 day stretch of weather in terms of the severe side, to the Blizzard, and the very cold temps for the time of year.

@CentralNeb, your in line for a memorable storm system my friend...not to far away, Gabel may be riding the edge as well...

Tab2FileL.png?b4f0db8e83978c206ecc8ff2b8

It should be quite a storm. I can envision blizzard warnings being issued here also.

Meanwhile, the 00z Euro advertising an MSP special with 12"+, including GoSaints and east into GRB area...

At this time we are still planning on going up to the Bay City area for the weekend to visit family.  At this time there is a winter storm watch up for an ice storm with not only a half to 3/4  inch of ice but winds of 35 to 45 MPH out of the north east. Having lived there for over 30 years  I know first hand that under this set up the winds can be higher then that in Bay City with the fetch of almost 200 miles off Lake Huron and the Saginaw Bay. If we go and still have power I will keep you updated.

• Like 3

First Blizzard Warnings already up in W SD and likely more to be issued later today.  I got this feeling a historic storm system is in the works.  This should be quite an entertaining 2-3 day stretch of weather in terms of the severe side, to the Blizzard, and the very cold temps for the time of year.

I'll be riding the edge, the same as every storm so far this year. It's crazy how everyone of these things have had such a sharpe cut off so close to my area. Gonna be an interesting day of model watching! 

• Like 2

I am going with our other HS football coaches to Lincoln tomorrow for the UNL football clinic.  We have now decided to leave Lincoln early to make it back here before the storm hits.  (fearful that if blizzard conditions develop, I-80 would be closed).  Now our school is already cancelling and changing activities for Saturday.  This has been quite a spring for sports activities and changes.

• Like 1