April 13th-16th Spring Bowling Ball Powerhouse

Tom

Still snowing here, but when that initial band came through it was going nuts with winds howling and blowing everything around. A crappy winter makes you appreciate an inch here 3 inches there. One of these days the big one is gonna hit 

• Like 1

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Coming down fairly hard once again here. I'm fixing to go to bed. I just looked out the window savoring it as I realized this will probably be my last time seeing snow falling till next Fall. Most people may want Spring, but it's hard to deny that falling snow is beautiful. 25.2*F.

I also really wish my power would stop flickering. It's been doing that since 7:30 and it's driving me up the wall. The electricity is about as decisive as my ex.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

After I wrote that last post I decided to go to my car and get some firewood and a lantern from the trunk in the event the power were to go out. Figured I may as well measure in the process. Took 4 measurements and they averaged to 1.7". 2" on the high end, 1.2" on the low end. Still aren't done here and I feel like a solid 2" is easily obtainable. Heavy snow still falling and paved surfaces that didn't accumulate snow before are accumulating snow now.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Looks like that band is really intensifying over Lincoln now.

Yup. I live on the southeast side and the location is perfect. Flake size is huge, I've seen a couple quarter sized flakes. Pretty impressive considering how insane the wind is.

Is it accumulating very fast?

Very fast. Last time I went out and measured was 10 minutes into this band and there was already a coating on the parking lot. I knew that came from this band cuz the band earlier today didn't produce much more than slush on the parking lot.

Very fast. Last time I went out and measured was 10 minutes into this band and there was already a coating on the parking lot. I knew that came from this band cuz the band earlier today didn't produce much more than slush on the parking lot.

That's awesome. Glad you got something this winter, sounds like Nebraska has been a screw zone lately.

That's awesome. Glad you got something this winter, sounds like Nebraska has been a screw zone lately.

Eh. All in all this isn't really different from anything that has happened this season. The only thing that sets this apart is it's mid-April. This is just adding yet another 1-3" snowfall to the 20 billion we've had this year. If this were to happen in January nobody would bat an eye.

Really though. 2" of powdery snow on April 14 is impressive.

• Like 1

Eh. All in all this isn't really different from anything that has happened this season. The only thing that sets this apart is it's mid-April. This is just adding yet another 1-3" snowfall to the 20 billion we've had this year. If this were to happen in January nobody would bat an eye.

Really though. 2" of powdery snow on April 14 is impressive.

Oh I see. Just pulling off a big snowfall is the challenge. What's the latest snowfall on record there?

Wisconsin takes pride in staying open no matter the weather but not today.

How much snow do you have thus far?  My goodness, this is truly a historic mid-April snowstorm.  I saw some videos coming out of Greenbay, WI and it emphasizes that Blizzard Warnings were justified.  Epic.  Tremendous. 

Radar looks like its puking snow again as the secondary piece is well on its way to dumping another Foot???

How much snow do you have thus far? My goodness, this is truly a historic mid-April snowstorm. I saw some videos coming out of Greenbay, WI and it emphasizes that Blizzard Warnings were justified. Epic. Tremendous.

Radar looks like its puking snow again as the secondary piece is well on its way to dumping another Foot???

Lost cell service and wireless yesterday.

I think only 4-5 inches Here couple more today. The first 2 inches probably had an inch of qpf. Straight sleet and then graupel. It's now cement. The wind was something. Congrats to the big winners. Awesome stuff

• Like 2

It's conceivable, that some spots in N WI/U.P. of MI will see up to 30" of snow from this record shattering monster of a storm.  I can't believe its snowing heavily with temps in the upper 10's in parts of N WI and the U.P.  I'm speechless.

@ Money, how much do you have so far?

• Like 2

Eyeballing probably 3-4 with another 3-4 today

Not bad, I think you may be able to score another 4"+...taking a look at the radar, the precip coming over my place and just to my south is pivoting just right into E WI.

Took several random measurements and came up with over 14” here so far. Still snowing as the bands rotate through today. Expecting another 2-5” and now under a WWA. We only needed 13.6” to set the record for largest April snowstorm. I think MSP will top that easily. The airport still only has 2 runways open as of this morning. The fact that this storm happened in mid-April makes this one of the most impressive storms I’ve ever witnessed.

I see the Tues/Wes system is still looking like it could lay down another few inches. Absolutely crazy.

• Like 2

Took several random measurements and came up with over 14” here so far. Still snowing as the bands rotate through today. Expecting another 2-5” and now under a WWA. We only needed 13.6” to set the record for largest April snowstorm. I think MSP will top that easily. The airport still only has 2 runways open as of this morning. The fact that this storm happened in mid-April makes this one of the most impressive storms I’ve ever witnessed.

I see the Tues/Wes system is still looking like it could lay down another few inches. Absolutely crazy.

Yeah it’s crazy

I think GB could get 20+ from this system

Gosaints could get 6+ from tue/wed system

#NaturesFury  #Madness

Has it snowed non-stop at  MSP since it started snowing yesterday or was it late Friday?  It could still snow all day today into tonight!

The snow became a little sporadic at times yesterday evening and overnight last night. It stopped here completely at times. Things really starting to ramp back up now from Mpls on westward. Should be sliding east throughout the day.

Tom how much rain have you received? Radar has been nonstop there.

It's been raining since last night.  I'll have to check and get back to you.  Soggy, dreary, wind driven rain over here...another Netflix kinda day/night, but before that, I have to smash "big back" attack at the gym today!