April 18th-19th Snowstorm

Money

00z Euro a hair south with the heavy band, but also lifts the southern edge north.

ecmwf_acc_snow_iowa_60.png

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

00z Euro a hair south with the heavy band, but also lifts the southern edge north.

attachicon.gifecmwf_acc_snow_iowa_60.png

Yeah that was interesting. Also, has quite a bit of CAPE here before we get hit with a few hours of heavy snow. On the order of 1200-1300. Likely to be a cluster of storms producing hail transitioning to thunder snow and accumulating here 2-4 inches in a  couple hours. How exciting!

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Good luck S MN, IA and WI posters. After looking at the models I wasn’t expecting any snow to be in the forecast here. I’m surprised to see 1-3” in the point and the WWA extends up to the southern metro. We need 1.7” to officially hit 80” for the season. I’m done with snow but I’ll root for 1.7”.

• Like 2

Latest RPM run now keeps N IL in the game to see all snow from this event during the day tomorrow.  It'll be tough to accumulate on the roads/sidewalks, but nonetheless, another measurable snow is in the works for Chicago.  Some spots may get 2-3" out of this.

• Like 2

Im on the southern edge of the winter storm warning. 6-8" and it will be daytime. Too bad ill be at work. Would be nice to be home as its prolly last snow of the season. I might be pushing 60" on the season after this. What a comeback

Wow, 60"!  Those big storms in March really helped your seasonal stats.  Ya, this season has been one hellova back-loaded winter.  Looking forward to a front-loaded winter next year... ;) !

Wow, 60"! Those big storms in March really helped your seasonal stats. Ya, this season has been one hellova back-loaded winter. Looking forward to a front-loaded winter next year... ;) !

Yeah that footer i had when i was gone was a big help and then 7.8" from the next storm. If my books are correct im near 53" right now.
  • Like 2

Latest RPM run now keeps N IL in the game to see all snow from this event during the day tomorrow.  It'll be tough to accumulate on the roads/sidewalks, but nonetheless, another measurable snow is in the works for Chicago.  Some spots may get 2-3" out of this.

Keep in in Cook County please up towards your neck of the woods.

Sitting on the edge, here.  We may end up with a bunch of mixed crap during the intense burst, with heavy snow just north.

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Yeah that was interesting. Also, has quite a bit of CAPE here before we get hit with a few hours of heavy snow. On the order of 1200-1300. Likely to be a cluster of storms producing hail transitioning to thunder snow and accumulating here 2-4 inches in a  couple hours. How exciting!

I want what you're smoking

• Like 3

For IA peeps this is looking pretty good for you guys. Abundant moisture with elevated cape/instability could lead to at least 1"+ per hour rates for several hours. Not sure how far east this will translate but a pretty compact/powerful storm nonetheless. Could see some hefty amounts west of here.

• Like 1

Yep, the inching south continues on all models.  I'd feel pretty good about snow if I live in Waterloo.  Cedar Rapids is still a mystery.