PNW February 2023 Weather Discussion - Meteorological winter finale

1 minute ago, The Ms. Anthrop said:

We thank you for your sacrifice! Let us know when you've planned next year's vacations 😉 

I didn’t even plan on coming up here until a couple days ago lol. At the time it looked like there was not much of a chance in Tacoma. There was some snow up on the mountain today though which was cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Break in the precip for a while now. 33.8F. CAA should be continuing over the next few hours. I'd be surprised at this point if I get stuck at too high of a temperature tonight and unless I get totally missed by the main precip later, probably should get some kind of light accumulation. 

That little area of low pressure offshore looks like it should head right for NW OR, its gonna be fun for someone in the low lands from that. 

image.thumb.png.7c9ab10d4d872f9a2019f5ebacb2b795.png

• Like 4
  • Excited 1

12 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Not gonna lie painful to miss out on a south sound convergence snow. It’s probably going to end up being decent there if I had to guess. I’ll be back in the morning though! 

Mostly just wet here at the moment. Down from 40 to 36 though so we’ll see. 

• Like 2

Really nice out there now.  The dripping has pretty much stopped and snow is sticking to the raod.

• Like 5
  • Snow 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, ShawniganLake said:

Hadn’t seen you post in awhile.  Figured you packed up and were ripping home early. 

Haha nah. Having a good time up here. I’ve seen several snows at home this winter so no big deal to miss one. Based on the temps it’ll probably be gone by tomorrow afternoon anyways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Ms. Anthrop said:

I GOT ******* GRAUPEL THUNDER ON VIDEO!!!! TONIGHT, I AM JIM-MOTHER-*******-CANTORE!!!! 

LOL Seriously though, this weather event tonight alone has changed my rating from a C- to at least an A. Like, I almost got ******* thunder snow! In Seattle!!! At my own D**n house! I can't even remember the last we had thunder and lighting in the winter in the PWN, never mind this awesome messy weather. And there is more to come! 🤣

I was still at work around 6 in the Renton Highlands when the lighting started, and got home to Skyway about 6:25. We had five really good lighting strikes in that time, and I set up my camera and got the sixth one which was by far the most epic. You called it, @RentonHill the storm has been right over me. I hope you caught some too!

Started in with the graupel at about 6:50, and it covered the ground and parking lot within two minutes. Temp dropped from 40.5 to 37.1 in less than 5 minutes. It transitioned to more sloppy sleet about ten minutes in, and is mostly rain now. We have had two more strikes since then.  The poor dog is a freaking mess but I'm loving this! Video is from at 7:11 PM.

Nice positive there. ⚡️ 

• Like 2

Kind of looks like even heavier stuff will hit here in a while.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

6 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Video was from a bit ago. Probs 2.5-3in here now. 

If I had to estimate…probs 3-4in per hour rates 

Damn that looks intoxicating.

FYI you drive slow.

• lol 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Video was from a bit ago. Probs 2.5-3in here now. 

If I had to estimate…probs 3-4in per hour rates 

3”+/hr rates are pretty legit.  Harder to pull off with temps near freezing.  It’s usually much colder when we see that type of dumpage.  

• Excited 3