PNW February 2023 Weather Discussion - Meteorological winter finale

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Wow... you weren't kidding about getting on a plane.  😀

Haha I wanted to visit my parents anyway, and the timing with all this lined up too well with my days off. So I said the heck with it and actually did it!

Mildly disappointed to miss the 5-6" of rain and 7 feet of mountain snow back home, but a Portland snowstorm is still more fun!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Timmy said:

You should do well, looks like a deformation band is setting up from your area and shifting west. Gonna be a crazy day

Yeah, I’ll be interested to see how much we can pick up this morning. Coming down good right now, but in a couple hours I think accumulations will become more difficult until about 3-4pm. Hoping there will be moisture left up here this evening when accumulation becomes easier again.

• Like 3

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

17 minutes ago, mtep said:

The snow is really dry up here. Even with just a trace so far its blowing all over the road

Yep even compared with yesterday. It has that dry ice look with the blowing snow. If we had another inch or two I could see them doing a late start but with just under an inch here no need. Very pretty to look at. 23F at the moment.

• Like 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

2 minutes ago, Timmy said:

People like Tim and Andrew look to building a snowpack through next week. Could be pretty epic up above 1000’

More so for Andrew.   Not as impressive up here.   Maybe 3-4 inches Sunday morning but then we get a few hours of a roaring SW wind and then the focus of the precip is from Oregon southward early next week again.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

More so for Andrew.   Not as impressive up here.   Maybe 3-4 inches Sunday morning but then we get a few hours of a roaring SW wind and then the focus of the precip is from Oregon southward early next week again.   

Looking like a impressive 72hr window out here for some heavy snowfall on and off. Timing will be very important. 

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.