PNW February 2023 Weather Discussion - Meteorological winter finale

@MWGanything at all down south?

• Like 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

14 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Finally caught up on the forum just as it started snowing lightly here. 

Very light flurries here in Fircrest also. Since I work in park maintenance I mentioned the EURO and the NAM showing potential snow on the ground tomorrow, so the crew put the snowplow back on one of our small dump trucks.  Hope I don't look foolish tomorrow 😀 Of course it doesn't take much snow to cause problems on the roads, so we will see. And the plow will be ready for the weekend major snowstorm that Cliff Mass says is coming, haha.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Fircrest said:

Very light flurries here in Fircrest also. Since I work in park maintenance I mentioned the EURO and the NAM showing potential snow on the ground tomorrow, so the crew put the snowplow back on one of our small dump trucks.  Hope I don't look foolish tomorrow 😀 Of course it doesn't take much snow to cause problems on the roads, so we will see. And the plow will be ready for the weekend major snowstorm that Cliff Mass says is coming, haha.

Nice!  Parks in Fircrest?

6 minutes ago, VancouverIslandSouth said:

Nearing 8" and still dumping snow in Nanoose. Still doesn't look like any signs of it slowing down. I miss those surprise events. Victoria is a much tougher area to get snow, though it sometimes does better on the overrunning events

IMG-20230222-WA0002.jpg

There needs to be an envy react.

• Like 2
It's called clown range for a reason.

Just drove about 8 miles north to feed a cat. It was just a light drizzle for the first part of the trip near my house. All snow and sticking now that I’m in the Portland city limits. Saw tons of cars driving around with a bunch of snow on them and it made me incredibly jealous. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Doinko said:

35 down from 36

I have plummetted from 37.2 ti 36.7f  Light rain mostly.  Snow on the ground just about 6 miles west and 33f.  Same as '17.  I know eventually I'll get a little.  Just don't want to stay up till 3am to watch it happen.  If the east winds will break through in the next couple hrs, then I have a chance. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hour364Please said:

Heavy flurries in the Puyallup Valley.  I mean heavy.

Someone hoist a special weather statement.

Halfway up the hill it's starting to stick to surfaces but not much on the road yet. My wise phone app seems to think the temp will keep dropping as the snow turns to rain.  Ha. Temp dropped from 39 to 35 in the last 90 minutes.

It seems to come in spurts though, light, then heavy. We'll get a little accumulation if this continues but it'll take a few hours to amount to much, and I'm not sure we'll get it. 

• Like 2

Home now. Currently 29.8 degrees with flurries falling. 
DP 27.

34/27 so far on the day. Definitely lost a little snow during the day but the trees are still flocked. 

33288D93-56F2-4DB4-A362-042DCB199774.jpeg

• Like 4

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Things seem to filling in but I'm not sure if the enhancement is starting yet-- we'll see. Good timing if so!

• Like 5

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"