PNW February 2023 Weather Discussion - Meteorological winter finale

20 minutes ago, Forum Admin said:

It's been a while since I checked in. Dealing with work, a baby, and a start up. I swung by to see how the snow buzz was going and I guess you know what by face of surprise looks like right now when I see your sideways smug-o-con appended with the one map with the least amount of snow.

Blah blah blah being a realist blah blah blah you also post cold stuff blah blah blah.

I hope your spring is cold and miserable.

Holy crap.   That post was a joke at Andrew and a positive about the stingy ICON.   Wow.     🤣

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Dozed off for a bit on my flight. Delta does free wifi so I’m posting from the 200mb layer right now. Have about a 100mph head wind right now so definitely taking longer to come back but that’s how it normally is flying from east to west. 18z Euro looks great for my area I’m really liking that it’s showing the CZ Tuesday night being straight over MBY. Sometimes those can overperform as well.

• Like 4

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 50

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

1 minute ago, joelgombiner said:

There it is. Light snow, 35/33. 

image.png.57979e196e76d897b4c5621f30e68afd.png

Temps are falling into the 30s across the NW part of the area now... and timing could not better as its getting dark right as precip moves in.  

temp 2-25-1.jpg

• Like 7

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

30 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

West coast of Vancouver Island already getting hammered.

Snow is picking up and sticking a bit in Victoria now, but EC is very pessimistic in their forecast. Maybe that's a good thing. It's nice to see the front coming in with a more westerly component and weak NE surface winds. As soon as the wind picks up from the E or SE it's over here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clipper_range said:

Hope for mother nature to bring a nice surprise. It happens a lot,  just not much in the swamp! Lol

Yeah unfortunately it’s not looking great for most of pierce county. We’re right on the border of the snow hole it looks like. Should fare decently here tonight still being just far enough NW. 

4 minutes ago, T-Town said:

30 minutes?  My wife would terminate any discussion on evaporative cooling after 30 seconds. 

Post your divorce papers on this thread within 24 hours, or you will be banned for life.

• Like 4
  • scream 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024