PNW February 2023 Weather Discussion - Meteorological winter finale

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yeah... I am craving anything just remotely close to normal at this point.   But that is just me.    I know we have lots of snowy craziness ahead of us before that happens.

Looking forward to the snow then looking forward to a warm spell or two later in March.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Looks like PDX is holding between 35 and 36. Should end up 36-37 for a high. That is extremely respectable for 2/24 with full sunshine and relatively light winds.

Looks like I’ll end up with a 35/22 here. Doesn’t seem like there’s been a tremendous amount of melting aside from roads.

• Like 6

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Looks like PDX is holding between 35 and 36. Should end up 36-37 for a high. That is extremely respectable for 2/24 with full sunshine and relatively light winds.

Looks like I’ll end up with a 35/22 here. Doesn’t seem like there’s been a tremendous amount of melting aside from roads.

Lot of melting in the sun today. Shade still has a lot though

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I'm jealous how much you travel, It is hard for me to take time off.

Being able to work remotely definitely helps.  

• Like 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Just 33 at home and 36 here at work and at bremerton. Very impressive.

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

5 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

You know I've never talked about it on here but my dream at a young age was to be a meteorologist but my parents could not afford college so i did what was natural for me and became a auto technician. At age 10 i wanted to learn about weather. To this day it still breaks my heart i didn't get to do that.

I always respect how real you are here.

• Like 3

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

6 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

You know I've never talked about it on here but my dream at a young age was to be a meteorologist but my parents could not afford college so i did what was natural for me and became a auto technician. At age 10 i wanted to learn about weather. To this day it still breaks my heart i didn't get to do that.

At least you get to share on here and your comments are valued… so I think that still counts for something! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

18Z ECMWF for just the first of the 14 snow chances coming up in the next 10 days.     Slight uptick from 12Z run.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-snow_24hr_kuchera-7423600 (2).png

I’m wondering if this could somehow be similar to the event back in early December when the GFS was showing the higher precip totals and they ended up verifying. This obviously isn’t the same setup but I’m curious if the Euro is undergoing the precip again like it did for that event.

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

At least you get to share on here and your comments are valued… so I think that still counts for something! 

I will say i have a awesome handle on the Kitsap peninsula weather and forecasting snow. I have spent 35 years learning all i could about this area. I knew right where to look when i found my home. I remember the agent thought i was nuts when i kept saying no to places that were not 500ft or more elevation hahahaha

• Like 3

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Thank you, and this is the reason why my auto business kicks a** over all my local competition I am real, play no games with high pressure sales bs and I'm honest.  

I think most everyone is real on here.   

And you are one of the best.  

• Like 1
  • lol 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, RentonHill said:

I wish you were over here so i could bring my cars to you!!

A trustworthy and reliable auto repair business is so rare these days.

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I will say i have a awesome handle on the Kitsap peninsula weather and forecasting snow. I have spent 35 years learning all i could about this area. I knew right where to look when i found my home. I remember the agent thought i was nuts when i kept saying no to places that were not 500ft or more elevation hahahaha

Definitely remembering the 500ft+ elevation rule the next time I move!!

• Like 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

1 minute ago, RentonHill said:

image.thumb.png.18a77724ec93fd292bec4fab85403d94.png

Snow is still falling in most places around puget sound at the end of the run.

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Quick poll for all: Was snowfall a factor in you choosing your current place of residence?

For me, YES.

• Like 3
It's called clown range for a reason.

Just now, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Quick poll for all: Was snowfall a factor in you choosing your current place of residence?

For me, YES.

Yes! I wanted to stay within the Shoreline to Marysville area so I was in prime convergence zone territory, makes it easier since I grew up in this area and have everything here but it was still a thought! I should have thought more about elevation though.

• Like 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

11 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I haven’t been looking too close at tomorrow night but it seems like a setup where coast range damming spots are gonna kill it.

Yeah Forest Grove, Banks, Vernonia, etc should do very well tomorrow night. I'm close enough to the Coast Range that I might do pretty half decently too. We'll see. 

• Like 2