September 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

TigerWoodsLibido

Gotta love how TWC just makes up terms. They were really hoping to be able to call Florence a category 5 storm but since it isn't, they are now calling it a "Category 5 flood threat".

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/news/2018-09-07-hurricane-florence-inland-flood-risk?cm_ven=wu_videos

Well, ultimately they'll use footage from this storm for their global warming propaganda, so they're pretty invested in making look as bad a** as possible.

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Had some localized flooding yesterday in NE PDX from the thunderstorms and heavy rain. Pretty interesting videos.

https://katu.com/news/local/rain-storm-soaks-portland-causes-street-flooding

Too late... every tree in those videos is dead. Parched wasteland!

20180913_204129.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Another batch of heavy rain moving over PDX and Vancouver at the moment.

The Portland metro has kind of lucked out with this pattern so far.

That area will probably end up with far more than Victoria before we go into our next drought stretch. Only a little over half an inch here this month, with hardly anything in the past 3 days.

Have had some decent batches of rain move through tonight. Was on 520 in Bellevue and it was really pouring.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I think its been raining harder here for the last couple hours than these live reports from the hurricane zone that I am watching this evening.

Yeah...no.

I think its been raining harder here for the last couple hours than these live reports from the hurricane zone that I am watching this evening.

Sure fizzled into a non event.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Some of these reporters look almost dry. :)

I guess the 15” of rain that has fallen since 4pm must be of the “dry” variety, then. :rolleyes:

GENnSIu.png

I guess the 15” of rain that has fallen since 4pm must be of the “dry” variety, then. :rolleyes:

GENnSIu.png

Just sayin... I have had rain pounding on the roof here while I am watching some reporters standing in much lighter rain. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just sayin... I have had rain pounding on the roof here while I am watching some reporters standing in much lighter rain. :)

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Its true.

Sorry that Florence is not so exciting. ;)

Haha. It’s certainly not very exciting up here. In fact, it looks like North Bend outside..catastrophic drizzle and paralyzing fog.

Haha. It’s certainly not very exciting up here. In fact, it looks like North Bend outside..catastrophic drizzle and paralyzing fog.

Someone is lashing out. ;)

Someone is lashing out. ;)

FWIW, I want the hurricane to fizzle as fast as possible.

It just triggers me to see you downplaying rain, after spending the entire summer b*tching about it (in the midst of a drought, I might add).

I’ll bet coastal NC has seen more rain in the last 24hrs than you have in the last 6 months.

Well, ultimately they'll use footage from this storm for their global warming propaganda, so they're pretty invested in making look as bad a** as possible.

Yeah there have been pretty widespread media claims that this is a once in a lifetime type storm and global warming is the the culprit. I'm not denying that this storm can cause significant damage, but it is not at all remarkable in its strength.  Using an individual weather event as proof of global climate change is just mind boggling.

Yeah there have been pretty widespread media claims that this is a once in a lifetime type storm and global warming is the the culprit. I'm not denying that this storm can cause significant damage, but it is not at all remarkable in its strength. Using an individual weather event as proof of global climate change is just mind boggling.

It’s about on-par with Isabel (2003) so far. Certainly not a once-in-a-lifetime storm.

Just imagine if the 1930s Long Island express hurricane was to repeat (it produced a 186mph wind way up in Massachusetts). The media hypsters would have raging rivers of shart running down their legs.

• Like 1

FWIW, I want the hurricane to fizzle as fast as possible.

It just triggers me to see you downplaying rain, after spending the entire summer b*tching about it (in the midst of a drought, I might add).

I’ll bet coastal NC has seen more rain in the last 24hrs than you have in the last 6 months.

Not sure what this means. Except you are easily triggered?

And getting heavy rain and going back to sunshine is awesome in my book... way better than getting much less rain but taking forever to fall. I have told you this many times. :)

Yeah there have been pretty widespread media claims that this is a once in a lifetime type storm and global warming is the the culprit. I'm not denying that this storm can cause significant damage, but it is not at all remarkable in its strength. Using an individual weather event as proof of global climate change is just mind boggling.

The media sort of ruins it for me.

Not sure what this means. Except you are easily triggered?

And getting heavy rain and going back to sunshine is awesome in my book... way better than getting much less rain but taking forever to fall. I have told you this many times. :)

It means all rain-related trolling is off limits for you. :)

Or its a great way to troll you. Too easy.

Yeah, you trying to downplay rain is like putting a bloomin’ onion from outback in front of me and expecting me not to eat it. It’s impossible not to take the bait. :lol:

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope