2019 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

This has been a very cold winter, with some places having their coldest February on record. Montana was more than 25 degrees below average for February. How many more times can this happen with global warming? Especially if the state of California is underwater and the rest of the planet melts away by 2030 as that communist idiot Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez predicts. Hollywood will become a underwater kingdom and maybe Ariel will take residence there. The democrats will probably find some way to live underwater since the stars won't want to leave California.

Looks like we may finally get some warmer weather by the weekend. That would be really nice. If global warming is faster than expected, we may be underwater with pretty coral reefs to look at by then.

The "storm" is once again pathetic. Only got some brief light showers so far today.

• Like 1

High clouds (above 11,000 ft) mixed with lower rain-affiliated clouds today. Massive subtropical moisture plume entering the region from the south and southeast this afternoon, it's looking more and more like it wants to rain. As is typical with subtropical storms that enter our region from the south, it's relatively warm ahead of the rain.

Generally sunny and windy here now, although there are still some low clouds looming over the Santa Ana Mountains to the west.

While out about town today, I noticed that there are thousands upon thousands of butterflies flying around everywhere. Sign of a healthy rainy season, I suppose.

Coldest February in 57 years and you it's still not enough for you?

We had this warm, dry sunny weather during almost all of 2017-18 - I'll take the cold, cloudy and rainy weather we've had this winter for as long as it can possibly go. I'm wearing shorts today for the first time since early November.