PNW March 2023 Weather Discussion (2012 Redux)

Requiem

10 minutes ago, Cloud said:

What a beautiful day! Really taking advantage of it by moving some stuff over to our house. Tomorrow into the weekend don't look too good. 

There will probably be some decent periods in there but not the same as today.   ECMWF shows basically dry weather Friday and Saturday until early afternoon when showers pop up.   Maybe dry all day in Seattle on Sunday.    But struggling to 50 each day as opposed to low 60s.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

ECMWF shows mid to upper 40s tomorrow afternoon with a brisk SW wind across most of the area.   Going to feel like winter again.    Pretty typical to go back and forth at this time of year.  

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-wnd10m_stream_mph-9616000.png

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Meatyorologist said:

hive mind

@TT-SEA You seem a bit confused. I meant that we both posted about the same thunderstorm threat within moments of one another!

• Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

1 minute ago, Meatyorologist said:

@TT-SEA You seem a bit confused. I meant that we both posted about the same thunderstorm threat within moments of one another!

Ahhh... missed that.   

23 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

There will probably be some decent periods in there but not the same as today.   ECMWF shows basically dry weather Friday and Saturday until early afternoon when showers pop up.   Maybe dry all day in Seattle on Sunday.    But struggling to 50 each day as opposed to low 60s.  

I’m more concerned about the temps than the precip. Plan is to get all the heavy stuff to the new place Sunday. Could be a bit chilly. 

Oh, I think I may have found the secret to controlling my seasonal allergies: don’t wait until symptoms pop up to take the pills. Pop ‘em in every day! Working pretty well today after taking for consecutive days since Monday! Days like today is usually hell but it’s really making me enjoy spring right now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken in Wood Village said:

There is a lot of build up all around my location 😳

20230322_171348.jpg

20230322_171405.jpg

20230322_171437.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ken in Wood Village said:

What I've seen in the past is showers and thunderstorms on the West side of Portland in the afternoon then later in the late afternoon and evening, showers and thunderstorms forming on the East side. Normally that's in the summer time but maybe it could happen now 🤗🌩⛈️

I forgot, sometimes these showers and thunderstorms will pop up really fast and you won't know it until it's right on top of you!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Really nice little thunder and lightning show off to the north here the last 10-15 minutes. A dozen or so strikes so far, mostly cloud to cloud but one big bolt of cloud to ground.

Lots of distant thunder and a few really big rumbles.

• Storm 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

3 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Light is fading…but you can see everything developing nicely. If you look closely enough you can see the cloud tops of that storm over battle ground. 

G18_sector_pnw_GEOCOLOR_24fr_20230322-2054.gif

Gotta love this time of year from a weather perspective. Spending this evening soaking up some sun on the deck and will be watching for chunks in the rain in a couple days. Variety. 

• Like 3