PNW March 2023 Weather Discussion (2012 Redux)

Requiem

Well we cleared out around 7a and ended up hitting a respectable 26.

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

12 minutes ago, Blizzard777 said:

Huge moment for me today as we are 7 hours into the March thread  “I’m a top poster!”.  Just wanted to boast for a moment before I fade away 😊

32*

722316CD-1B26-45FB-938D-1CB5AC21DAB2.jpeg

I tried to give you an Excited react but apparently my thumb is too fat. So I got you a medal instead. 

14CE368C-4343-421F-B64D-6459D546C27D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

33 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Totally sunny here this morning.   

I have noticed that the GFS and GEM keep most of the precip to the south and west of the Seattle area on Friday night and Saturday morning.    The ECMWF has been trending a little drier for King County as well.    It would make sense since the flow is offshore at that time.  

gfs-deterministic-washington-precip_12hr_inch-7960000.png

gfs-deterministic-washington-snow_12hr-7942000.png

Really backing off on totals right now but that can change again, it will be a fine line and if the placement is correct this has the potential to be the biggest snow event of the year at my place. These lows feeding moisture and some upslope flow is money.

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

1 minute ago, AlTahoe said:

I was posting in the old thread like a moron. certainly doesn't feel like March. 

That is incredible.   Honestly makes me feel claustrophobic watching that!

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, TT-SEA said:

That is incredible.   Honestly makes me feel claustrophobic watching that!

Twitter is blowing up today with people posting their snow depths. 

Nobody alive in town has ever seen anything like this. Its so absurd all you can do is laugh. I couldn't see any of the stop signs or speed limit signs on my street this morning. There are a couple other tweets I posted on the Feb thread as well this morning. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, AlTahoe said:

Nobody alive in town has ever seen anything like this. Its so absurd all you can do is laugh. I couldn't see any of the stop signs or speed limit signs on my street this morning. There are a couple other tweets I posted on the Feb thread as well this morning. 

Might stick around through July or August, especially if the grand solar minimum continues to live up to its expectations. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, LowerGarfield said:

That's amazing. Also I'm a little disappointed that ALTahoe is a neighborhood. I found that out reading WW a few months back. All this time I thought you were some grizzled, wise man named AL who lived in Tahoe and deals with the elements like someone from the Yellowstone series. Or like someone who would rescue the Donner Party back in 1846-1847.

haha. Nope just a neighborhood. Somebody else posted a while back that they thought my member image was a glass of milk and not snow packed into a doorway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlTahoe said:

How much snow has fallen at your place in the last 5 days?

9 minutes ago, LowerGarfield said:

That's amazing. Also I'm a little disappointed that ALTahoe is a neighborhood. I found that out reading WW a few months back. All this time I thought you were some grizzled, wise man named AL who lived in Tahoe and deals with the elements like someone from the Yellowstone series. Or like someone who would rescue the Donner Party back in 1846-1847.

TIL...

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

4 minutes ago, AlTahoe said:

haha. Nope just a neighborhood. Somebody else posted a while back that they thought my member image was a glass of milk and not snow packed into a doorway. 

You are experiencing a life long dream of mine to see something like this. I wished i had went down there and stayed a few days to see this.

Leaving work this morning, that was such a pleasant surprise! Currently at the HWY 2 rest stop east of the pass, 22 degrees and sunny! Lovely! 

D2F1E38E-525C-4C4B-BB32-D7C5D7A5E37D.jpeg

BCCD6859-9E3F-43E9-93A6-5D142C6B710F.jpeg

• Like 6

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

10 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

How much snow has fallen at your place in the last 5 days?

Around 60"+ Hard to tell with the last blizzard blowing everything around.

Berkley snow lab Tweeted these totals

24 hour = 35"

3 day = 87"

7 day 141"

They are at 6900' on Donner summit.

I am at 6300' on the shore of Tahoe 

• Like 1