Weather in 2019

Phil

Tremendous thunderstorm here this evening. Huge winds likely near 60mph and flashbulb lightning. Mercifully killed off what would have been one of the hottest, most humid evenings in years.

There weren’t any storms in the forecast either..this was completely unexpected and largely unforecasted. Trees and limbs down all over the place.

• Like 1

Tremendous thunderstorm here this evening. Huge winds likely near 60mph and flashbulb lightning. Mercifully killed off what would have been one of the hottest, most humid evenings in years.

There weren’t any storms in the forecast either..this was completely unexpected and largely unforecasted. Trees and limbs down all over the place.

Wow, you got lucky, if your power is still on. I'm afraid any renegade storm will be dangerous. I am concerned this may just be a preview as frontal boundary approaches tonight.

Flashlights at the ready.... We are down to 83F, better go put another log on the fire....

• Like 1

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

DCA already 97/73 as of 11:55AM. Would be shocked if they missed 100*F today.

I’m at DCA now coincidently, about to fly to FL. It’s hot.

• Like 1

Phil,

I'd like to invite you over to this new thread Tom and some of us are kicking around.

You're physics background will be an awesome addition. Come play!

WxMA come join us. You're planetary background will be a terrific addition.

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/2070-rise-in-stochastic-events/?do=findComment&comment=478620

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Hey Maryland, you've had some seriously sucky weather lately. I can't believe the humidity, heavy rain, and winds.

You guys make Texas spring and fall storms look tame by comparison.

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Too bad you had to go to Florida Phil. You got a towering cu blowing up about 2 miles from your house.

IMGv_0.jpg

Yeah, raining back home according to my station with one lightning strike detected so far.

Dewpoint spike to 82*F is the highest of the summer. Glad I missed that part.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=F3819&num=72&banner=gmap&raw=0&w=325

• Like 1

Your DP really sucks, Phil.

Geez!

Huge storm back home. Can’t believe I missed it.

Looks like derecho-type winds according to neighbors.

Family/friends say it was the strongest storm since the Derecho.

Trees nuked, dime sized hail, 1” of rain in 15mins. So beyond pissed that I missed it. Uuuugggghh. Why did it happen on the day I left for FL?

• Like 1

The reports coming out of there are nuts. Huge, old trees snapped, crashing into homes, poles snapped, live wires down.

And dime-sized hail on a 100 degree day? No wonder those winds blasted down with so much force.

• Like 1

The reports coming out of there are nuts. Huge, old trees snapped, crashing into homes, poles snapped, live wires down.

And dime-sized hail on a 100 degree day? No wonder those winds blasted down with so much force.

Heat is energy. Sounds ugly. Let's hope everyone is alright. I was hiding under the bed.

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

The front is just moving into western Maryland. There will be another round.

quite possible but going by history we don't tend to do double rounds to well here as alot of times the first round takes out the engery for the second round.So the big question is will there be enough engery left from the first round for the seacond round.
  • Like 1

Well the seacond round did come but once again the northern zones got the brunt of the action the central to southern zone got screwed it seemed Dc really got screwed big time :lol: I guess the hot air there evaporated all the storms from getting there.

Be glad the lights are on, yesterday was a very dangerous senerio. This morning windows are up, got the fan blowing in some fresh air. Today will be a joyous break from the heat.

• Like 1

Be glad the lights are on, yesterday was a very dangerous senerio. This morning windows are up, got the fan blowing in some fresh air. Today will be a joyous break from the heat.

no question with the hot air and the strong front along with upper air disturbances yesterday it was a perfect set up for quite an outbreak and sadly one person did die from the result of those storms so just because they missed certain places does not mean other places did not get hit.convective patterns are tricky beasts one house may not receive much of anything while a couple houses down the road could be getting absolutely hammered.

• 2 weeks later...

Came back home to a mess of tree damage from that storm back on 7/21. Trees just blasted. Even healthy hardwoods fell victim.

83/71 here as of 450pm. So the swamp has relented somewhat since I left. Leaving for GA tomorrow so it’s just a 1 day pit-stop, haha.

Saw some of those images on your twitter.

Massive healthy trees just snapped. My God! Just crazy.

The weather where you are is so violent when it comes to wind.

• Like 1

Down in St. Simons, GA and they’re in a pretty hot pattern right now. It’s insanely humid..similar to back home in a heat pattern but the nights are even warmer since we’re right on the ocean. Lows have been around 85*F and dewpoints right around 80*F.

now that is misable

Freakin' insane.