3/5 to 3/14 - Classic Multi-storm event for the first half of March

• Iceresistance changed the title to 3/5 to 3/14 - Classic Multi-storm event for the first half of March
  • clintbeed1993 pinned this topic

Again?   Here we go.  
Only day forecast for rain at this time is Wednesday and that’s 50%. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

44 minutes ago, Andie said:

Again?   Here we go.  
Only day forecast for rain at this time is Wednesday and that’s 50%. 

Well, the WPC shows otherwise, need the rain to keep away the drought!

Also looks like it could either trend north or south, it does have a bad tendency to trend west now that the La Nina is dying.

• Like 2

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Shouldn’t complain even a little.   We should take it while we can.  
There was property damage in this recent one.  Top wind speed recorded was a 114 mph gust.  Pretty tough storm.  

• Confused 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

8 minutes ago, Andie said:

Shouldn’t complain even a little.   We should take it while we can.  
There was property damage in this recent one.  Top wind speed recorded was a 114 mph gust.  Pretty tough storm.  

80 in DFW, I think the 114 was West Memphis from February.

Area blackout tonight. I think all that lightning weakened a relay or something and it finally croaked.  2 hrs later we were back in business.  Not bad for a big city. 
59 currently.  77 tomorrow. Sunny. Should be gorgeous! 

• Like 1

It appears the models are suggesting a general I-80 on north significant snow event but the caveat may be a trend towards a weaker system.  Although, it's still a wide swath of heavy snow.  00z EPS  snow mean...

image.gif

0z CMCE...

image.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CentralNebWeather said:

This storm has went from 50”, clown numbers, to basically nothing in 2 days of models. I really hope we can get moisture out of it in some form. There are parts of the Central Plains really struggling with rainfall deficits. 

The GFS is refusing to give up, it has 8 inches of snow for your area when the storm-after-storm pattern is done.

• Like 1

The Euro just has some nuisance wet snow and around here that won't accumulate much.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

1 minute ago, hawkstwelve said:

But it has been trending weaker and closer to the new OP solution.

trend-epsens-2023030512-f150.sn10_acc-mean-imp.conus.gif

Fooey! I forget the trends!

(Facepalm reaction is on myself, not you)

25 minutes ago, CentralNebWeather said:

All my weather apps decreasing snow and rain chances. This escalated quickly and not in a good way. 

That has escalated drier, hopefully, the models can trend this stronger again. It could be just windshield wiper fashion in terms of strength.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

Some 6-7" totals are being reported in the sw MSP area where heavy bands have been parked late this evening.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Well, some of the models are pretty juiced up over the span of the next 7-10 day in the snow dept.  I posted a graphic in the March Discussion of the "haves and have not's".  Does the pattern continue or will nature TRY to share some snow wealth??

0z Euro...seems like the only model that's not as amped/juiced but still mirrors a similar storm track for the weekend Pre St. Patty Day event.

image.png