Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

10 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Any forum that has political discussions in it gets deleted, so please, none of that here!

Actually, this forum will most likely soon enough get deleted just for talking about talking about politics.

No public announcement?  Nobody was out of line either.  So I guess the trial thread, the election results thread, and the China thread need to go to then.

D**n, someone is getting crabby about this.  Whatever.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Censorship

I respect the decision if it's because of the desire to not have to monitor it....fairly.

It was very obvious seniority and personal political leanings of the moderators trumped basically everything else when it came to "monitoring".  And I suspect Fred saw that and took the path of least resistance, which we can't blame him for.

😁. Oh gosh.  I’ve seen topics and posts that would curl your eyebrows stay up.   
I think we’ve been pretty measured. No one disrespected.  Opinions are only opinions.  
Frankly I like hearing how others think in frank terms.  I learn from them and don’t feel diss’d. 

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

PS. 
I’d like to add that if the forum loses this sub-forum it will be a sadder and less lively place.  
As the only full time female I have never been disrespected or belittled.  
Disagreed with? Yes. That’s fair.  
So, if I can “man-up”, I don’t know why anyone would think the forum is out of hand. Everything’s cool. 😎 

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

25 minutes ago, Andie said:

PS. 
I’d like to add that if the forum loses this sub-forum it will be a sadder and less lively place.  
So, if I can “man-up”, I don’t know why anyone would think the forum is out of hand. Everything’s cool. 😎 

Because of things I post about something with the same initials as cathode ray tube.

• Excited 1

19 minutes ago, Andie said:

PS. 

I can respect a sudden no tolerance for politics policy.  But that is usually a response from a big blow-up or major problem arising.  That is seemingly not the case here.  And since everyone has been civil for a pretty long time, this decision is illogical and makes no sense.

Perhaps somebody out there can speak up instead of being passive aggressive and deleting threads.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Because of things I post about something with the same initials as cathode ray tube.

I don’t recall anyone having a hissy. 🤔

2 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Charitable Remainder Trust?  Commuter Rail Transit?  Centre de Recherche sur les transports (at the University of Montreal in Quebec)? 

The sheer amount of state propaganda Americans have been faced with over the past 72 hours with regards to Ukraine, shows the dire situation the Ukrainian Army is in and their dwindling western support - the city of Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine is a particular flashpoint, which Russian forces have almost completely encircled over the past week with tens of thousands of elite Ukrainian soldiers trapped inside of because Zelensky was too stubborn to retreat from for PR reasons. Mass propaganda at this level has a tendency to backfire, which it has - now it looks like a $250 billion NATO-trained and supported Ukrainian Army is getting their asses kicked by a bunch of forcibly-conscripted psychiatric Russian mental patients armed with only shovels designed in 1869 along the entire eastern Ukrainian front. Propaganda backfires, and it's not Russia that's doing it.

US intelligence appears to have figured this out long ago and is now prepping the field for the US to abandon Ukraine, just like the US eventually does to all of its other "allies". "US intelligence says "pro-Ukraine group" to blame for Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosions" somehow without the knowledge or approval of Zelensky and his government, and with previously unknown Ukrainian naval capabilities and intelligence and geopolitical connections that only the US was known to have." That pro-Ukraine group did, in fact, sabotage the Nord Stream 2 pipelines - and that group was the US government.

State propaganda is not something that only happens in other countries, fellow Americans. Kurds in eastern Syria take note, if the first betrayal by US forces in 2019 under the Trump administration was not enough to tip you off.

• Like 1
  • scream 1

38 minutes ago, Reg said:

The sheer amount of state propaganda Americans have been faced with over the past 72 hours with regards to Ukraine, shows the dire situation the Ukrainian Army is in and their dwindling western support - the city of Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine is a particular flashpoint, which Russian forces have almost completely encircled over the past week with tens of thousands of elite Ukrainian soldiers trapped inside of because Zelensky was too stubborn to retreat from for PR reasons. Mass propaganda at this level has a tendency to backfire, which it has - now it looks like a $250 billion NATO-trained and supported Ukrainian Army is getting their asses kicked by a bunch of forcibly-conscripted psychiatric Russian mental patients armed with only shovels designed in 1869 along the entire eastern Ukrainian front. Propaganda backfires, and it's not Russia that's doing it.

US intelligence appears to have figured this out long ago and is now prepping the field for the US to abandon Ukraine, just like the US eventually does to all of its other "allies". "US intelligence says "pro-Ukraine group" to blame for Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosions" somehow without the knowledge or approval of Zelensky and his government, and with previously unknown Ukrainian naval capabilities and intelligence and geopolitical connections that only the US was known to have." That pro-Ukraine group did, in fact, sabotage the Nord Stream 2 pipelines - and that group was the US government.

State propaganda is not something that only happens in other countries, fellow Americans. Kurds in eastern Syria take note, if the first betrayal by US forces in 2019 under the Trump administration was not enough to tip you off.

Didn't hear anything about Ukraine  in the past 72 hours.

4 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Didn't hear anything about Ukraine  in the past 72 hours.

There's a lot. If you're on Telegram, tons of videos (very graphic) by both pro-UA and pro-RU groups in and around Bakhmut in recent days. It's bloody and ugly. In a single video, I counted at least 138 Ukrainian corpses after Wagner stormed a Ukrainian trench on the Artyomovsk front.

Ukraine has only one road left in and out of Bakhmut, and that road is now under direct fire control of Russian artillery which is annihilating anything that moves on that road - day or night.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Forum Admin said:

So would you show mercy as you execute trans people? Or would you send them through some kind of conversion camp?

I would not execute them. Only the sharia law does that. 

Some of them want conversion therapy as an option (which the far left says is harmful to even want it).

Some kids are too young to know if they are really trans and regret doing sex change surgery later in life, as it's irreversible. 

6 hours ago, MossMan said:

So is this the new thread where I can post my random odd news of the week? If so here we go! 

C728D887-B2C3-456A-A6F8-7AEC3C28F569.jpeg

I know mine goes missing from time to time, usually at Sam’s Warehouse, and he’s late for dinner now.  However, I think I’d open every closet in the house over a period if 7-10 days. Not to mention calling the police eventually plus he’d get a bit on the stinky side.  
Somethings not right here.  

• Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 8:35 PM, Mr Marine Layer said:

My CRT stock is recently doing better than any of my others. 😀 The rest are lackluster after dropping awhile. 

9 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I've never reported you. 

But Mr. Einstein, I have a feeling that you reported me in 2021 and again this year. But that's fine, and you could also just block me or let it go in one ear and out the other. 😀

BTW, I only called you Einstein because I know that that used to be part of your name here. It is not meant in a degrading way at all! 

Edited by Sparky

3 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Which one is that? Kendi Inc.?

5 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Which one is that? Kendi Inc.?

FYI, Cross Timbers Royalty Trust. 

Actually I'm wrong. I checked the price just now after not looking at it in awhile and it's sliding down the drain too. 😞

Good chance we’ll see a correction soon.  

1 hour ago, Andie said:

Good chance we’ll see a correction soon.  

I think 2022 was that.  Looking at the chart below, we are currently on the line of best fit and will most likely see a slow build up from here into the next bull market.  I do not see it going down to the recent lows barring some catastrophic COVID scale event.

image.thumb.png.68eff336407da7062e1ad396df64d946.png

I’m not so certain.  We may still see a 10% correction.  This administration has added many more trillions of debt and he isn’t done.