Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

19 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

The only spot where it's a bit harder is in Florida, the Base of DeSantis' popularity.

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

782B8E75-CC32-4B83-A7EE-E30FF8BB1B0E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • scream 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

9 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

We all know it'll be Trump vs. Biden in 2024.  Kill me now.

Oh Lawdy!!!  Say it ain’t so!
I won’t be able to watch the news for 4 years.  That voice taunts me in my nightmares.  
SOMEBODY! Teach this man to speak! 
(Actually Both of them). 
And the debates?….  

Why must we scrape the bottom of the barrel?? And-

When will we nominate leaders and not just personalities??

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

On 3/8/2023 at 5:29 AM, Reg said:

The sheer amount of state propaganda Americans have been faced with over the past 72 hours with regards to Ukraine, shows the dire situation the Ukrainian Army is in and their dwindling western support - the city of Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine is a particular flashpoint, which Russian forces have almost completely encircled over the past week with tens of thousands of elite Ukrainian soldiers trapped inside of because Zelensky was too stubborn to retreat from for PR reasons. Mass propaganda at this level has a tendency to backfire, which it has - now it looks like a $250 billion NATO-trained and supported Ukrainian Army is getting their asses kicked by a bunch of forcibly-conscripted psychiatric Russian mental patients armed with only shovels designed in 1869 along the entire eastern Ukrainian front. Propaganda backfires, and it's not Russia that's doing it.

US intelligence appears to have figured this out long ago and is now prepping the field for the US to abandon Ukraine, just like the US eventually does to all of its other "allies". "US intelligence says "pro-Ukraine group" to blame for Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosions" somehow without the knowledge or approval of Zelensky and his government, and with previously unknown Ukrainian naval capabilities and intelligence and geopolitical connections that only the US was known to have." That pro-Ukraine group did, in fact, sabotage the Nord Stream 2 pipelines - and that group was the US government.

State propaganda is not something that only happens in other countries, fellow Americans. Kurds in eastern Syria take note, if the first betrayal by US forces in 2019 under the Trump administration was not enough to tip you off.

Now they are claiming Russia lost 1000 troops in a day. LOL

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

10 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

This is just too good!

https://www.salon.com/2023/03/13/like-negotiating-with-terrorists-ex-fox-producer-worried-accurate-reporting-may-insult-audience/

"Like negotiating with terrorists," Pfeiffer wrote. "But especially dumb ones. Cousin f—– types not saudi royalty." 

🤣🤣🤣

As much as I am a left-wing partisan, I have studied other political ideologies, and know there is an intelligent case to be made for conservatism (in fact, I think Edmund Burke is one of the most brilliant political philosophers I have read). As I have said before, if I leaned right, I would find Fox News to be an embarrassment.

• Like 2
It's called clown range for a reason.

6 hours ago, Andie said:

When will we nominate leaders and not just personalities??

We as a nation have made it abundantly clear that we do not want the truth and we do not want to research platforms.  We vote on identity and tribalism.

51 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

What are you complaining about? It’s the finest politics money can buy!

Politicians Are Puppets, But Who Are The Puppet Masters? - Political  Sciences - Science Forums

46 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

As much as I am a left-wing partisan, I have studied other political ideologies, and know there is an intelligent case to be made for conservatism (in fact, I think Edmund Burke is one of the most brilliant political philosophers I have read). As I have said before, if I leaned right, I would find Fox News to be an embarrassment.

100% agree.  It is an insult to intelligent conservatives who are busy working and living life instead of watching mindless drivel.

• Like 2

DeSantis does not stand a chance:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/14/politics/desantis-republicans-ukraine-aid/index.html

Trump told reporters traveling with him Monday night that he believed DeSantis was “following what I am saying” on Ukraine, according to CBS News. “It is a flip-flop. He was totally different. Whatever I want, he wants,” the former president added.

A February review from CNN’s KFile found DeSantis once strongly supported arming Ukraine as a conservative congressman in 2014 and 2015 to deter Russia’s aggression in Eastern Europe. In an interview from December 2017, DeSantis continued to align himself with the “Reagan school that’s tough on Russia,” criticizing Democrats for not supporting sending aid to Ukraine.

“2 weeks ago, I subpoenaed bank records for 3 Hunter Biden business associates.

One of the associates, Rob Walker, was wired millions from CCP connected individuals. He then sent money to 3 Biden family members.

What were they doing in return for the cash?” 
Rep. James Comer, Ky

Good question. Also, who else is receiving money? And for what? 
Clean house.  

• scream 1

12 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

DeSantis does not stand a chance:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/14/politics/desantis-republicans-ukraine-aid/index.html

Trump told reporters traveling with him Monday night that he believed DeSantis was “following what I am saying” on Ukraine, according to CBS News. “It is a flip-flop. He was totally different. Whatever I want, he wants,” the former president added.

A February review from CNN’s KFile found DeSantis once strongly supported arming Ukraine as a conservative congressman in 2014 and 2015 to deter Russia’s aggression in Eastern Europe. In an interview from December 2017, DeSantis continued to align himself with the “Reagan school that’s tough on Russia,” criticizing Democrats for not supporting sending aid to Ukraine.

I know he does not for 2024, but maybe he is the one for 2028?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

ICC has issued an International Arrest Warrant on Putin for forced deportation (and in my opinion, also the Russification of them) of Ukrainian Children into Russia.

That and $5 will get you an expensive coffee drink at Starbucks.

The ICC is nice in concept but nobody takes it seriously. At least, no superpower does.

icc.png.5574e11e1ee0d32cbea5bccecdb47875.png

21 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

That and $5 will get you an expensive coffee drink at Starbucks.

The ICC is nice in concept but nobody takes it seriously. At least, no superpower does.

icc.png.5574e11e1ee0d32cbea5bccecdb47875.png

Why did we withdraw from the ICC?

34 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

From “Putin is an international outlaw because the ICC has a warrant out on him” to this in one day. Sometimes life comes at one fast, dunnit?

Yeah, but the USA left in 2002 because of that mindset.

Still, Putin is indeed an International Outlaw.

Trump is apparently preparing himself to be arrested by New York, this could cause HUGE turmoil!

And besides! If the evidence was found to be rushed (and tempered in their favor) and/or falsified, then the New York prosecutors will be the ones that are going to be in prison for tempering and falsifying evidence! That is called "Lying to court" and it's a serious crime itself!

49 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Trump is apparently preparing himself to be arrested by New York, this could cause HUGE turmoil!

And besides! If the evidence was found to be rushed (and tempered in their favor) and/or falsified, then the New York prosecutors will be the ones that are going to be in prison for tempering and falsifying evidence! That is called "Lying to court" and it's a serious crime itself!

It’s a show to attract media attention. Trump won’t be indicted or arrested.

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

It’s a show to attract media attention. Trump won’t be indicted or arrested.

Oh trust me, New York is a very strong Democrat Stronghold, and the Media will CELEBRATE it.

They will do anything to get him.

43 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

We've literally known he broke the law on this for the longest time.  He was an un-named accomplice in the original Michael Cohen indictment (which Cohen admitted wrongdoing himself). 

Might be a rough week ahead.

Just now, Iceresistance said:

Oh trust me, New York is a very strong Democrat Stronghold, and the Media will CELEBRATE it.

They will do anything to get him.

Somehow I’m expected to believe that a system (currently run by that same so-called opposition party) too rotten to enforce basic Constitutional norms against a coup attempt by its most powerful person is going to care about that same person paying a little hush money on the side. Not even remotely plausible. Sorry.

I will bet the first taker USD $100 (CAD $137 if you prefer to wager in Canadian funds) that Trump WILL NOT be arrested or indicted in the next 14 days (i.e. by 9:00 AM Pacific time, 1 April 2023). Payable by PayPal. Any takers? (This is an honest offer.)

• lol 1

9 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Can you explain why you are so loyal to such an awful person? 

I'm not loyal to him, I'd rather see DeSantis win, but if Trump wins, it is what it is.

• lol 1
  • Sick 1

Just now, Iceresistance said:

I'm not loyal to him

seriously? 

If you honestly feel that way, probably time to do some introspection.  Your posts are all about how he can't do anything wrong, despite all the evidence you are actively ignoring.  You make up stuff about fabricated evidence - based on what?  You aren't even getting on the 2024 DeSantis train.

I just wanted to see words explaining your support.

Just now, SnarkyGoblin said:

seriously? 

If you honestly feel that way, probably time to do some introspection.  Your posts are all about how he can't do anything wrong, despite all the evidence you are actively ignoring.  You make up stuff about fabricated evidence - based on what?  You aren't even getting on the 2024 DeSantis train.

I just wanted to see words explaining your support.

I'd rather see DeSantis win, but if Trump wins, it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I'd rather see DeSantis win, but if Trump wins, it is what it is.

And this is why Trump will win the primary. Because there are basically two types of Republicans left in today’s GOP: those who adore Trump and who will not vote for anyone else, and those willing to hold their noses and vote for Trump. (The ones with principles left the party years ago thanks to Trump.)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

And this is why Trump will win the primary. Because there are basically two types of Republicans left in today’s GOP: those who adore Trump and who will not vote for anyone else, and those willing to hold their noses and vote for Trump. (The ones with principles left the party years ago thanks to Trump.)

The forecast arrest of Trump this Tuesday will be a twist.  
Can anyone with an arrest run for President?   
This is just crazy.  DC will do anything to eliminate him.  If tables were turned Party-wise it would be very different. All hell would break loose.  

• Storm 1

5 minutes ago, Andie said:

The forecast arrest of Trump this Tuesday will be a twist.  
Can anyone with an arrest run for President?   
This is just crazy.  DC will do anything to eliminate him.  If tables were turned Party-wise it would be very different. All hell would break loose.  

Elon Musk projected that Trump will win in a "Huge Landslide" if he is put into handcuffs.

I think that is reasonable because he will be viewed as a victim. I would love to see DeSantis win.

16 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I think even using Nukes on Ukraine would only seal Putin's fate even faster, take a look at this.

More significantly, China would probably respond, too. The evidence is their nuclear policy: they have nukes, but they are not going around willy-nilly openly threatening to use them. They see such rhetoric as needlessly dangerous. As such, any usage of nukes would probably result in Putin getting on China’s bad side. That is significant, because currently China hasn’t really taken a side in this thing.