Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

8 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I'm sure that none of this would have ever happened if Disney was quiet about those laws... (Also, Disney did really stupid stuff recently, that kiss on one of their movies caused that movie (I think Buzz Lightyear) to be BANNED in several countries over that!)

Why should they be quiet?  1st Amendment, my guy, which ironically enough is something DeSantis seems hellbent on violating.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Why should they be quiet?  1st Amendment, my guy.

Well, I'm sure the Disney vs DeSantis would have never happened if they were quiet, they DO have a right to remain silent though. (And a right of Free Speech, but there are cases where the 1st Amendment does not apply, cursing and hate speech (I'm not saying that Disney did hate speech, but what they started was not pretty) does not apply, even the Founding Fathers knew that someday, someone will try to exploit the 1st Amendment)

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

You go after them, and they say it's hatred and discrimination, but if they go after you, it's perfectly fine??

Viral trans TikToker says threats to fight back are 'fully justifiable,' 'firmly' stands by call to arms | Fox News

16 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Well, I'm sure the Disney vs DeSantis would have never happened if they were quiet, they DO have a right to remain silent though. (And a right of Free Speech, but there are cases where the 1st Amendment does not apply, cursing and hate speech (I'm not saying that Disney did hate speech, but what they started was not pretty) does not apply, even the Founding Fathers knew that someday, someone will try to exploit the 1st Amendment)

You are making no sense at all.  Just stop.

25 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Huh?)

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

2 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I find it funny that the GOP is pro business until it does something they do not like.  Then they are all fine with government control.

Ditto for being pro-small-government, unless a government official is doing something they like, then they are all fine with big government.

I think Disney nailed it with this item in their brief:

disney.thumb.png.285739d89045e6afe41223410cc77e19.png

It's called clown range for a reason.

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

Actually, it does apply for both.

A group of Nazis once won a First Amendment suit over their right to stage a march through Skokie (a suburb of Chicago with a large Jewish population, whose municipal government tried to deny a march permit).

(Where I live, it is somewhat different: hate speech is not considered protected speech in Canada. Different countries have different legal systems. But in the USA, hate speech is protected speech.)

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were woke enough, and treated others with contempt:

Two men went up into the street to pray, one a woke anti-racist and the other a racist. The anti-racist, standing by himself, prayed ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, especially white people, capitialists, conservatives, pro-lifers, or even like this racist. I have been vaccinated and twice boosted. I always wear a mask in public. I give my money to Kendi and DeAngelo and other Democrats. I wear my pride flags every June. I have decolonized my life’

But the racist, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a racist! I am sorry for my past racism and promise to change', at which point the anti-racist yelled 'Flee immediately, bigot. Your past racism is irredeemable'.

I tell you, the second man went down to his house justified, rather than the first. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted

• Spam 1

26 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were woke enough, and treated others with contempt:

Two men went up into the street to pray, one a woke anti-racist and the other a racist. The anti-racist, standing by himself, prayed ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, especially white people, capitialists, conservatives, pro-lifers, or even like this racist. I have been vaccinated and twice boosted. I always wear a mask in public. I give my money to Kendi and DeAngelo and other Democrats. I wear my pride flags every June. I have decolonized my life’

But the racist, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a racist! I am sorry for my past racism and promise to change', at which point the anti-racist yelled 'Flee immediately, bigot. Your past racism is irredeemable'.

I tell you, the second man went down to his house justified, rather than the first. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted

Cool story, bro.

• Excited 1

Maybe avoid a debt crisis? But if Biden vetoes it, he's going to be viewed as the one who caused the defaulting, McCarthy has decided to have the debt ceiling (also slash spending to make sure it does not get close to defaulting again) raised in that bill, only passed by 2 votes.

House passes McCarthy’s debt ceiling bill by two votes, four Republicans vote against | Fox News

1 minute ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I bet I can find a whistleblower to say that the government is delivering human traffickers to migrant children.

Also, I discovered this from the NYT as Biden is ignoring child labor.

As Migrant Children Were Put to Work, U.S. Ignored Warnings - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

And yes, I think the reverse is sadly true as well.

5 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

As Migrant Children Were Put to Work, U.S. Ignored Warnings - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

We’ve know about this in Texas for a long time. Another concern is the forced prostitution across the country.  
The plan ( whoever planned it ) is not going very well.  Migrant crime gangs are gaining notice too.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

46 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Perhaps reading Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" would be apropos for a few here...

We could do a woke education guide (since that piece has to do with education)

1. You will learn CRT and LGBQT before your ABC's and 123's.

2. DEI comes before the 3 R's

3. Grades and GPAs will be redistributed amongst all students from their original values to ensure equal results for all students.

4. Dissenters of number 3 above will be expelled, which will lower the total points available for distribution.

5. 2+2 can be 5 because the notion that there is only one correct answer in mathematics is an expression of white supremacy

24 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

We could do a woke education guide (since that piece has to do with education)

1. You will learn CRT and LGBQT before your ABC's and 123's.

2. DEI comes before the 3 R's

3. Grades and GPAs will be redistributed amongst all students from their original values to ensure equal results for all students.

4. Dissenters of number 3 above will be expelled, which will lower the total points available for distribution.

5. 2+2 can be 5 because the notion that there is only one correct answer in mathematics is an expression of white supremacy

Hehe, not so fast.  I was referring to you as well.

Screenshot_20230422-222917.thumb.png.3bb36aaa90e4c3c610bf76bbfe784700.png

19 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Class war = Marxism 

Culture war = Neo-Marxism

Same idea. Just replace class from the original definition with race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. You're either a part of the oppressor group or the victim group. Very binary, unlike gender today. 

29 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Class war = Marxism 

Culture war = Neo-Marxism

Same idea. Just replace class from the original definition with race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. You're either a part of the oppressor group or the victim group. Very binary, unlike gender today. 

You cannot break out of this silly narrative.  It's all a big D**n distraction and you are biting hook, line, and sinker.  You have to go back and read some if the things that Snarky and Rubus have said to you regarding this.  They are on point.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:44 AM, Rubus Leucodermis said:

In fact I did. The text of what passed the Legislature is right here:

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2023-24/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/1240-S.pdf#page=1

It clearly targets certain types semiautomatic rifles.

Sure it lists "only 50", but it also explicitly bans any semi-automatic rifle that "accepts a detachable magazine" (i.e. all of them) and:

- has a telescoping or folding stock

- has a non-firing grip, either in a handle variety or a grip on the barrel

- has a silencer, suppressor, or anything that lowers the audible nature or visual aspect of firing the weapon

- has a pistol grip (that's like 20% of all manufactured rifles right there)

- a thumbhole stock

- a overall length of less than 30"

Then because that wasn't enough, it also bans any semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capable of accepting more than 10 rounds. 

This is effectively a ban on all semi-automatic rifles and several hanguns and shotguns as well.

19 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

So it's okay for a bakery to speak up and say they don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, but its not ok for a large company/employer in  the state to speak up on a law that is "anti-gay"?

Can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

They probably were sent to Ohio!.

https://newrepublic.com/post/171056/ohio-senate-passes-bill-loosening-child-labor-protections

9 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

9 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

You cannot break out of this silly narrative.  It's all a big D**n distraction and you are biting hook, line, and sinker.  You have to go back and read some if the things that Snarky and Rubus have said to you regarding this.  They are on point.

So what does the "class war" refer to. It's not the same thing as the class struggle in Marxism?

I know most of the stuff I post is from far right websites, but even Wikipedia agrees that critical theory (which critical race theory is a subset of) is neo-Marxist.

image.png.56f2a4984aa52c318f004044fbdf36aa.png

Can we at least agree on that?

Would my main problem be that I am stereotyping all liberals/leftists to believe in the philosophy of Robin DiAngelo and Ibram X. Kendi or some of the other crazies, when most of them don't?

43 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

So what does the "class war" refer to. It's not the same thing as the class struggle in Marxism?

I know most of the stuff I post is from far right websites, but even Wikipedia agrees that critical theory (which critical race theory is a subset of) is neo-Marxist.

image.png.56f2a4984aa52c318f004044fbdf36aa.png

Can we at least agree on that?

Would my main problem be that I am stereotyping all liberals/leftists to believe in the philosophy of Robin DiAngelo and Ibram X. Kendi or some of the other crazies, when most of them don't?

Your main problem is you deal in labels and generalities.  Life (and truth in general) exists in the shades of grey.  It's not black and white.

Climb out of the cave 🙂

29 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Your main problem is you deal in labels and generalities.  Life (and truth in general) exists in the shades of grey.  It's not black and white.

Climb out of the cave 🙂

he has an unhealthy relationship with labels.

Yes, there's going to be fringes - some Marxists and some actual Nazis. But the vast majority of us are on a not-so-wide spectrum for social and economic issues.  So it's a little painful for at least me to read these fringe ideas and try to apply it to mainstream current thinking.

At the end of the day, the VAST majority of us wants every human being to have a healthy and prosperous life and to be free from government for at least *some* things.

It seems like we've recently gone towards the philosophy of "who can I blame for me not having these things?"

18 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

This was posted elsewhere, but at a time when it was expected to grow, this is an embarrassment.

US economic growth slowed significantly at start of 2023 (msn.com)

Welcome to reality.  The economy ebbs and flows.  This is not unexpected.  If you pay attention to earnings reports though, the economy is doing pretty well.  Lots of beats.

Oh, my god. These people are teaching others how to become criminals and get away with it!

If I was that, I would have popped them with a gun without any hesitation since they are trespassing.

Animal 'rescuers' wreaking havoc by stealing farm animals: 'These are criminals, not activists' | Fox News

Well, I look at cities like NY, Chicago, San Francisco, LA, Seattle, Portland, even Houston, and Dallas etc. dealing with homeless, drugs, violence, businesses shutting down due to crime/shoplifting, I am surprised it took this long to crater.  
Biden’s Administration has made Jimmy Carter look like genius.  

Businesses need protection. Law and order restored. Drugs and healthcare addressed.  That means the border and cartels have to be managed so the poison can be destroyed and people helped.   

I  wouldn’t live in a house with no locks not knowing who’s walking in.  Why do that with our country?  
Industry needs a great deal of support and growth.  Seems people that work are being taken for granted.  Also, it’s known migrant children are being harvested for the child labor industry. Is that civilized? 

In short. The place has been turned into a outhouse in just 2 yrs.  Time to clean up our act, the crime, and get back to work.  It’s heartbreaking.  

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*