February 1st 2019 Light Snow Event for Maryland

Wxmidatlantic

This developing system has been on the radar for five days. The system is in its initial stages of development. The 12z NAM inside 24hrs has doubled precip amounts and increased coverage. This is unheard of.

This type of system can become volatile if Atlantic moisture is tapped. Snowfall ratios may also come into play because of the modified Arctic air involved.

A general 1\2-1" seems likely. Locally higher amounts are possible.

namconus_apcpn_neus_13.png

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Wish I wasn’t so close to the southern edge. But yeah, the ground is so freakin cold that every flake will stick to every surface, haha.

• Like 1

You are in the game, be glad...

Okay Dr. Jackpot. :P

Just kidding, haha. I’ll take whatever I can get after the mediocrity of the last two winters. Not like I can complain about this one..I’ve got ~ 15”, which is just under the seasonal average. And we’re entering into what is climatologically the snowiest period of the winter right now, and we have +ENSO, weak solar, and a healthy downwelling -NAM following the SSW. The statistical odds favor another good storm this month.

• Like 1