February 2019 Weather in the Pacific Northwest - Part 1

Guest hawkstwelve

Driveway cleared. Game was too boring. Guessing we have close to 3 inches. Pretty out there with the snow caked on the trees.

20190203-183418.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

If you run the loop here (lower right corner) it sort of looks like the low is moving to the southwest south of VI.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=subregional-Pac_NW-07-48-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

If you run the loop here (lower right corner) it sort of looks like the low is moving to the southwest south of VI.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=subregional-Pac_NW-07-48-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

I think it looks like that because it finally started to move, and in a couple hours it will look to be heading south.

I think it looks like that because it finally started to move, and in a couple hours it will look to be heading south.

Yeah... always tough to decipher loops like that.  

Awesome image.  

Still looks like its moving to the SW there.  

I LOVE the new satt. if you line up the beg/end circulation I come up with almost due south on 6 hour timeframe but it is a guess, it might be jogging at the last few frames.

one interesting thing is the convection n/s along the olympic coast pulling from the low level moisture vs. the upper level moisture that's generating the squalls inland at the moment.  could be the overnight snowmaker that overperforms? 

Looks like I have over ten pages to catch up on since this morning. :lol:

Great to see the Puget Sound area get a decent event. Fraser outflow looks a lot colder than I was anticipating at this stage. Snow chances seem slim down here but I think we could still see a surprise the next 24-36 hours.

18z ensembles, 12z Euro, and EPS all look good for extended cold and a lot more snow chances for everyone

Those are my hot takes for now.

• Like 1

Looks like I have over ten pages to catch up on since this morning. :lol:

Great to see the Puget Sound area get a decent event. Fraser outflow looks a lot colder than I was anticipating at this stage. Snow chances seem slim down here but I think we could still see a surprise the next 24-36 hours.

18z ensembles, 12z Euro, and EPS all look good for extended cold and a lot more snow chances for everyone

Those are my hot takes for now.

When's the next episode of "Jesse's Hot takes"?

There are flakes here, yay. But precip will soon cut out and the temperature's not falling anytime soon, so....

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"