2/14-2/17 Possible Winter Storm Train

Minny_Weather

None of the models had this current heavy snow banding back here over Omaha. If this keeps up could tack on another 1-3! This is nuts. So unexpected 

• Like 1

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

I think some models showed the back building but to the extent it currently is doing

Nah, the HRRR if you look at it has no snow over Lincoln and Omaha right now. 

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

i consider myself pretty winter "hardy' and have driven in some nasty over my 45 years- tonights drive into work was right up there-- top 5 for sure. Awesome putting it in 4- and saying goodbye to others- in fact I make it too work FASTER in these conditions than on normal nights...

• Like 5

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

i consider myself pretty winter "hardy' and have driven in some nasty s**t over my 45 years- tonights drive into work was right up there-- top 5 for sure. Awesome putting it in 4- and saying goodbye to others- in fact I make it too work FASTER in these conditions than on normal nights...

Travel was not advised by 11 across Central Iowa with barely any wind.  Plows couldn't keep up and stuck cars all over.

• Like 2

Travel was not advised by 11 across Central Iowa with barely any wind.  Plows couldn't keep up and stuck cars all over.

tell me about it.... But I really enjoy driving in it - AS LONG - as the roads are free (relatively) of people that have no clue.

Some FZDZ is mixing in - slightly reducing the snowfall. hopefully the radar echoes to the SW are all snow.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

First flakes are flying and it ain't no pixie dust....actually, the flake size has a nice growth to them....I was going to head to the gym in a bit, but I have decided to stay in and enjoy this burst of snow heading my way.  Actually, just took a peak outside and its coming down rather nice!

• Like 1

First flakes are flying and it ain't no pixie dust....actually, the flake size has a nice growth to them....I was going to head to the gym in a bit, but I have decided to stay in and enjoy this burst of snow heading my way.  Actually, just took a peak outside and its coming down rather nice!

Good luck today!

• Like 1

somewhere very close to me and toastedravs,dsmweathernut- are going to have golden shovel--- that radar is a thing of beauty-- places will see 1'. lsr_snowfall.png

• Like 4

Airport measurement from yesterday is 3.6". They were less plagued by dry air than here so that makes sense. 

Something must have moved thru last night while I was asleep cuz I just went out and measured about 2.2" here. My last measurement last night was 1.5". If that's the case, the 3.6" at the airport will likely not be the storm total measurement. It's rare for some reason that the airport gets more than here for a storm total. It's not even just poor measurement either, it's just that that side of Lincoln tends to get more screwed than we do down here.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

If the HRRR is right, the snow should really pick up in intensity across  N IL over the next few hours and continue throughout the afternoon.  I think LOT may add more counties into the WWA if the radar returns grow later today.

This is only through about 11:00pm tonight....

hrrr_apcpn_ncus_18.png

snku_acc.us_mw.png

Snow began falling by 11:30pm last night & is really ripping now after several hrs of hardly any accumulation. Picked up 3.5” as of this morning around 6:30am. It might’ve shrunk a bit before I measured as there was a thin crust on top from freezing drizzle earlier. Another wet snow for sure which seems to be the thing this winter.

• Like 1

I picked up 3.4" overnight.  Sparky, I found the snow to be pretty dry and fluffy.

It appears the northern 2/3 of Iowa may be in line to get the best snow today.  Models are suggesting south of I-80 may get dry slotted somewhat.  Even CR may end up with another lull after this latest band lifts through.  The NAM and HRRR suggest another 3 inches here.  I would be very satisfied with 6+".

• Like 2

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

It's coming down pretty good again.  Unfortunately, it's also about to end again because it's not filling in quickly enough to the south.  Perhaps this mid-level wave is tracking a bit farther north than yesterday's models suggested.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"