this system appears to be purely snow with no mixed precipitation

expected. As always, this system is too far out to give an amount

yet, but we're well into the plowable, winter weather advisory

range. Stay tuned.

Winter's tight grip on the region continues, another trough

appears to bring more snow chances to the area for Monday

afternooninto Monday night, although as we typically see, model

solutions begin to diverge by then.

OAX is more impressed by the Saturday night wave than the first wave. I can see where they are coming from on that, the model solutions for the Friday wave just scream "WEENIE BAND IN THE MAKING."

• Like 4

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I just don't think the clipper system for Friday will be that far southwest, those types of systems usually don't do that and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes more northeast eventually. But I'm definitely liking the trends for this weekend! I don't remember a stretch of winter weather this good in years!

Yeah even though we have been nickel and dimed to death by these 2 to 4 inch snowfalls, the reporting station at Omaha Eppley is already at 29 inches of snow for the season that puts us above average for the season on snowfall with half of February and all of March still to go. 

The pattern this weekend looks like a lot of fun for us snow lovers in Eastern Nebraska. The 2nd wave on Saturday-Sunday looks like it has the potential to give us our largest snowfall of the season so far... something to watch as I am cautiously optimistic. Either way it looks like more snow is coming for us in Nebraska - hoping our recently snow starved friends to the west in Central Nebraska can cash in on some white gold this time as well.

• Like 4

NAM is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs imo. The amounts look pretty but I think we all know we'll see those decrease. One thing that is encouraging, though, is the fact that it trends earlier. If this happens during the day that'd be awesome. I'm tired of night snowfalls.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I get a storm running over my head today, and then the "biggie" system Friday goes POOF! and becomes this suppressed clipper thing. Great stuff happen'.

Tom buddy. I thought this be the winter Chi-town would bust out of it's recent snowless winter funk. Who pulled the plug on that idea??

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

Yeah that screams dry air issues for Omaha on that run, thankfully plenty of time for the models to sort this wave out. 

I don't think dry air will be a major problem with this one, actually. The DGZ looks to be fully saturated, so all we have to worry about is track and progressiveness with this one.

Its only Tuesday...still time for changes. As they say, "it ain't ova until its ova." ;)

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

I get a storm running over my head today, and then the "biggie" system Friday goes POOF! and becomes this suppressed clipper thing. Great stuff happen'.

Tom buddy. I thought this be the winter Chi-town would bust out of it's recent snowless winter funk. Who pulled the plug on that idea??

:lol: :lol:

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

It's been a winter where the fun has been spread out.  In year's past, we were lucky to get hit with big storms while areas nearby continuously missed out.  If you look at this winter, in general, our Sub has shared in the wealth but it ain't over till its over.  I'm eye balling a couple big ones this month that could take a good track and then when we flip the calendar into March.  Still holding out hope for a big one this season.

• Like 1

18z Euro...still suggesting a juicy wave on Friday with temps holding in the mid/upper 10's!  #PowderDayFriday

I could see this wave ending up being a warning snow around the KC region into MO.

I couldn't ask for a better track.  It would be a nice way to start off the snow train.

It's been a winter where the fun has been spread out.  In year's past, we were lucky to get hit with big storms while areas nearby continuously missed out.  If you look at this winter, in general, our Sub has shared in the wealth but it ain't over till its over.  I'm eye balling a couple big ones this month that could take a good track and then when we flip the calendar into March.  Still holding out hope for a big one this season.

Yeah, but you always hold out hope. Guess I would too if he kept slapping me in the face!

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

While I know you guys are joking, the signs, if anything, point to that system sliding too far south of you guys, not too far north. At least the first wave.

At this rate it's either we get bullseyed, or snow-starved Central Nebraska gets bullseyed. I wouldn't mind either scenario tbh, I'm actually starting to feel bad for Clint and CentNeb.

• Like 2

NWS Hastings has a forecaster (not sure if he or she is new) that gives great details and information that has been really lacking during the winter imo.  Must be from the area as they give details of weather patterns and how they affect this region.  I get on them sometimes so I wanted to make sure I give credit where credit is due.  NWS Hastings thinks we have a lot of winter left.  Plus it sounds like the forecaster loves snow.  Yea.  Really good read gabel23 and clint.

Big picture: cannot stress enough that this longwave pattern
remains favorable for producing a significant snowstorm over the
next 2 wks (6+ inches). While nothing big is envisioned thru Tue
Feb 19...we will cont to keep an eye for something to come out of
the wrn trof and lift NE toward the gtlks. This pattern has
produced a lot of major snowfalls in Nebraska/Kansas over the yrs. Suggest
not letting our guard down. We've had it easy so far this winter.
The pattern has finally shifted in our favor. Let's see if it can
produce. 

• Like 5

This NAM run is HI-LARIOUS. Literally has the band hitting a wall of dry air right on the Lancaster county line, giving us near nothing. I'll post pics when the run is over.

06 NAM was a nothing and now the 12Z has really dried out from the 0Z.  Will be interesting to see the other 12Z models.  Locally saying 1-4" or 2-5" and 1-3" for the Saturday wave and not sure about the one early next week.  Lots of moving parts.