Maui Gets Lowest Elevation Snow on Record + 191 mph winds

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Well, Texas weather has changed a good deal over the past 15 yrs.

Far fewer tornados, more straight line winds.

Milder winters generally.

We received over 60” of rain this yr. that’s 2Xs our normal rainfall. I haven’t seen anything like in my lifetime and I’m no kid.

Definitely different down here. Tornado Alley seems to have shifted NE of us.

Somethings up.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Well, Texas weather has changed a good deal over the past 15 yrs.

Far fewer tornados, more straight line winds.

Milder winters generally.

We received over 60” of rain this yr. that’s 2Xs our normal rainfall. I haven’t seen anything like in my lifetime and I’m no kid.

Definitely different down here. Tornado Alley seems to have shifted NE of us.

Somethings up.

Having lived in TX till 2016/2017, I don't really see the milder Winters part of that. Southeast TX saw two consecutive mild Winters in 2015-16 and 2016-17, but were put in the freezer last year and as far as I know this is a pretty gloomy year down there this year. Maybe Northeast TX is different. But I will say the shift in tornado alley is a very recent, sudden change and can't be fairly linked with anything climo-wise imo.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

• 1 month later...

My thoughts and 2 cents on the topic

As LNK stated, picking a fight with an alarmist is as foolish as being one yourself. I'm guilty of doing the same. I hate bias, but when my own can cloud my decisions and reasoning, then I really hate it and I have to step back and stop because I like to fight just like everyone else. :lol:

Thought 2

We are in a transition state of a much delayed climactic cycle. There was what I call a false climate shift from 2009-2013. I believe that a more sustained transition is underway currently and has been since 2017. The late 70s was an incredibly fast shift, aided by many other variables.

Dixie alley is gonna have a very bad year. I hate that.