February 2019 Weather Observations and Discussion Part 2

snow_wizard

The deformation band looks pretty impressive on radar. Respectable snowfall rate building up here again. Might actually accumulate if it weren't 36F. Should be interesting to see how long this band hangs around.

Keeps looping over and over almost. Interesting to see.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

The deformation band looks pretty impressive on radar. Respectable snowfall rate building up here again. Might actually accumulate if it weren't 36F. Should be interesting to see how long this band hangs around.

Still snowing in Tigard! Cooper mountain just 5 minutes drive from daughters place.

35* degrees at her place according to the car thermometer

• Like 1

Hi all,

First post- been lurking off and on over the last couple weeks J. Really grateful we (live in Newcastle, WA) finally got to experience some real winter weather in February, but looks to me we’re now in for a pretty uneventful stretch (aside from some cold nights). Anyways, glad I found this forum, and just wanted to say thanks for the data, insights, and opinions- even though I think some of you may benefit from some anti-anxiety medication ;-).

My short bio (if anyone cares): Born & raised Washingtonian and went to UW for Atmospheric Science, which then led me to work for Google maps for a few years. Then decided to transition fully in to the ‘tech world’, leaving behind almost all connections to my college education. I’ve now been at Amazon for ~7 years and live in Newcastle with my wife and 4 month old daughter. Still have a passion for following and ‘predicting’ weather in my spare time, which led me here. Don’t think I have the time and commitment to be a regular poster, but do plan on stopping in from time to time.

-Jeff

Welcome Jeff!

• Like 2

I live in North Tacoma and I can see from my house overlooking Puget Sound to the north snow falling but not quite making it to the ground on vashon island and up towards sea tac and Kent towards the foothills

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

And I am just giving Andrew crap because I know him... he said the temp was impressive for today with this set up.    And that is true.

Haha I took the bait. Just a few scraps of snow this winter. I'm in the bread line for snow, please sir may I have another.

I am guessing he is around 1,000 feet as well.  

Definition of "impressive" is very different though.    :)

830 feet. I mainly meant it was impressive considering this was an east wind setup. The airport closer to the gorge was 37 while it was 29 with moderate snow at my house. Temp wise you just dont see that spread very often during a setup like this. And then my daytime was considerably capped from the constant flurries today. Coming down pretty good once again

830 feet. I mainly meant it was impressive considering this was an east wind setup. The airport closer to the gorge was 37 while it was 29 with moderate snow at my house. Temp wise you just dont see that spread very often during a setup like this. And then my daytime was considerably capped from the constant flurries today. Coming down pretty good once again

This wasn’t a gorge overrunning system. The offshore flow was deep with a fair amount of downslope.

• Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Sadly the deformer seems to be dying. Maybe it’ll reintensify?

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

around*  seems like south and east has some healthy returns. If they persist until dark should see a nice 10*20 square mile area with a dusting.

Could be right over Jim!  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**