March 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

BLI snowman

Lol. Good one. Lol.

I reported it so I guess we’ll see what happens.

Lmao. Too graphic?

Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever reported a post in the decade that I’ve been here. People say rude things. People crack jokes. Get the fuuck over it.

• Like 1

Phil is phucking brilliant and you’re all lucky to have him within a 3,000 mile radius of your lives consumed by f*cking people with chainsaws.

Sooner you guys warm up to that the sooner we can all move on to more enlightened conversation.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I have done nothing with it since February 3rd. So you can imagine the fun job I have coming up here this week. :)

At least you just have one dog! Haha!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

At least you just have one dog! Haha!

True.   But its at least one pile per day... which adds up over 6 weeks when you selectively ignore it.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

I don’t know, a lot of people go to college and I promise the majority aren’t flag-burning communist sympathizers with secret plans to destroy America.

no they aren’t, but too many are indoctrinated sheep who will effort to destroy without even realizing it.
  • Like 1

Lmao. Too graphic?

Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever reported a post in the decade that I’ve been here. People say rude things. People crack jokes. Get the fuuck over it.

I didn’t actually, but what you said definitely pissed me off. I’m not a big fan of double standards in general, and they are applied an awful lot here. Me making a profanity laden statement telling someone to f*ck a chainsaw (which I have never done) should be tolerated no more or less than you making one.

And some narrative spinning of you own. Human nature I guess.

Could be. It’s hard to arbitrate your own psyche.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t actually, but what you said definitely pissed me off. I’m not a big fan of double standards in general, and they are applied an awful lot here.

It was pretty grotesque. I’ll delete it if you want.

And I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly as far as double standards are concerned. They’re all over the place and it’s actually a huge pet peeve of mine in general. Anyone who knows me personally will affirm this to be true.

It was pretty grotesque. I’ll delete it if you want.

And I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly as far as double standards are concerned. They’re all over the place and it’s actually a huge pet peeve of mine in general. Anyone who knows me personally will affirm this to be true.

I don’t care about the post. It’s the principle. If I knew everyone would be punished or not punished equally for making a post like that I wouldn’t give two sh*ts. The content doesn’t bother me at all, actually. It’s the disproportionate cracking down on some and not others.

I deleted that post, mostly due to all the new members that have signed up and probably don’t want to read through this crap.

For those who don’t know, I love everyone here, and some of my posts aren’t made with literal intent.

I deleted that post, mostly due to all the new members that have signed up and probably don’t want to read through this crap.

For those who don’t know, I love everyone here, and some of my posts aren’t made with literal intent.

All of mine are though. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

To be fair, I’m not the only one with a habit of making rude, insulting posts and getting away with it (I think you know who I’m referring to). And FWIW, most of mine are sarcastic. I’d never say something like that with intent.

I am really disappointed by that. If the warmest layer of the atmosphere had been about 2 degrees colder with that huge event it would have been all snow here. I had freezing snow mixed with rain for much of it. Hard to pull off that combo.

I was really shocked at the amount of snow just east of issaquah Hobart road. The entire north end of maple valley got buried. It looked like some places still had 3-6 inches of icy snow on the ground and huge piles. There is more snow there than north bend right now.

And its not that unusual to have a nice rebound after a long cold spell.   It happened even back in the 1800s.  

People have been comparing this recent stretch of cold weather to that of February 1884... and also saying that bodes well for next winter.  

Here is April 1884 in Portland... after the long stretch of cold and snowy weather earlier that year.    Not exactly cold. 

1884.png

And here is May of 1884...

1884-2.png

That was followed up by a very cold and snowy December later that year.   That would be perfect.   :)

Very cool and cloudy July that year, even had a week straight of rain. WOW.  And you would be losing your mind over the record cold and wet September.

• Like 1

Very cool and cloudy July that year, even had a week straight of rain. WOW. And you would be losing your mind over the record cold and wet September.

June was nice and August was really nice.

That was a decent warm season that ran from early April into September.

Even October was not bad... and November was quite dry.   And I would have loved December.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Whatever happened to Dome Buster?

Last I heard of him was after that big argument he had on respecting one’s forefathers and adopting their political stance and respecting one’s country and being a real man etc.......

I think he was banned, but I’m really not sure. I objected to his view of basically conforming to a conservative view of America, and his generational elitism.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

Goddamnit.

Keep politics, conspiracy theories, threats, and other bullshit off of here. Please.

- The Management

Mea culpa, I’ll move my crap to the banter thread (or PMs, that works too, right?).

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

Goddamnit.

Keep politics, conspiracy theories, threats, and other bullshit off of here. Please.

- The Management

What about dog ?
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

What the F.ck is the difference between 60 degree rain and 40 degree rain? Jesus. See you guys next year.

One feels mild. The other feels chilly.

60 can feel warm even, given the right conditions. Usually not rain though. But 60° rain is much more pleasant than 40° rain.