Heartland Storm Visits Mid-Atlantic March 3-4 2019

All models track surface low from Louisiana to Norfolk Va. Great track. 12Z NAM is doing what it does inside 24hrs. Cancelled snow in Eastern Kansas. Don't believe it.

CMC still the jackpot. Looks like a real hair puller. Nowcasting Storm for sure..

SN_000-084_0000.gif

gem_asnow_neus_9.png

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

^^ Nothing wrong with s**t posting on a weather forum when fire meets ice.

As for this storm..have to say I’m bearish for my particular location..you N/W folks might do very well, but again, this area sucks when we’re waiting for the low level cold to drain in. And dewpoints/temps are both extremely elevated right now, by pre-snowstorm standards.

I’d love to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

^^ Nothing wrong with s**t posting on a weather forum when fire meets ice.

As for this storm..have to say I’m bearish for my particular location..you N/W folks might do very well, but again, this area sucks when we’re waiting for the low level cold to drain in. And dewpoints/temps are both extremely elevated right now, by pre-snowstorm standards.

I’d love to be proven wrong.

this winter would not be as bad to deal with but the fact it was so hype up by so many of the pro mets and so much let down from the models is what makes this winter suck so badly at least for north and west this event looks to be varfing.

Snowing lightly in downtown Manhattan. Still seems to be upper 30s with pretty low dewpoints.

Some heavier frontogenic echoes developing down here tight now. It’s rain for us but these should propagate up to NYC later tonight and increase your precip rates from their presently-anemic levels.

Flipped to snow at the end.

No accumulation.

Yea a bust for sure. 1 1/2" on front side, sleet ZR- then R in the middle. Got up last night it was all gone. This morning about an inch on the ground.

22 people lost their life in Alabama last night. Sucked up as they prepared for dinner....

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."