Wednesday Night. Confidence with this system is medium at best
with the GFS farther north and more bullish for Iowa and the EC
farther south toward the immediate MO River Valley. Both solutions
reflect phased warm/theta-e advection, frontogenesis and DPVA so
a period of at least moderate snow is expected, it just seems to
be a matter of whether this will be in northern Missouri or up to
central Iowa.

• Like 4

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

00z UK - More juiced for Nebraska... would be quite a solid storm.

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2019030400_120_5660_220.png

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

So sick of winter!!  Bring on the warmth!!!!

I am starting to hit that level. Snow is now starting to be useless as the sun angle is getting stronger, days are longer, next week the hour goes an hr ahead and need I go on. I am sure you get the picture. Looking forward towards severe weather.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

GFS still holding further north and decent strength into E Iowa.  Further south than the 00z run, but not anything like the Euro.  Euro and GFS are quite at odds.  The Friday system that hit MN was better handled by the Euro, we'll see if it does the same with this one or not. I have a feeling it will.  

• Like 1

Omaha appears to be in a good spot.  The NAM, GFS, FV3, and ICON all have a strip of several inches through that area.  The Canadian is still a bit farther south.  The anti-dome is still on full power.

• Like 1

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

I never give give up on winter when it has a chance. Summers in IA are much too long and mainly boring/ hot/ and full of bugs and bikers that think they own the roads. Only good thing about it is that it allows the trees to grow that provide wood to heat my home. This extended cold/snow pack just means it's closer to next winter. Roll on Winter!!

• Like 4

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Very interesting. BTW the second storm the GFS is going explosive with it. If that runs any colder at all we will have a big blizzard

That has the look of big Nebraska and Plains spring storms with rain, then heavy snow and blizzard conditions.  If the low stays across Kansas we are in the game.  If it would cut up through western Nebraska to the Dakotas would be a lot of rain and warmer temps.  And I am just seeing the GFS with a 3rd storm a few days later. 

• Like 1

That has the look of big Nebraska and Plains spring storms with rain, then heavy snow and blizzard conditions. If the low stays across Kansas we are in the game. If it would cut up through western Nebraska to the Dakotas would be a lot of rain and warmer temps. And I am just seeing the GFS with a 3rd storm a few days later.

Yeah fv3 is also showing it too. Very interesting few days ahead. I think the models are also having trouble accounting for the snow pack we have.

12z UK - Less juiced, but still good for Omaha.  Much sharper northern edge than other models.

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2019030412_102_5660_220.png

• Like 2