3/9 - 3/10 Major Plains/W GL's Cutter

Tom

NWS is backing off snow totals for my area. Point only has 1-3 tomorrow and 3-5 tomorrow night. “Significant amount of sleet” is mentioned in the afternoon discussion. A 1-2 degree difference could mean a large amount of snow or a snowy/sleety/rainy mess. Looks like it’s going to be a nowcast. Either way, next week is going to be BAD with flooding. Even today, with sunshine and slightly above freezing temps caused some flooding on some of the side roads today. The sewer grates are completely buried. I might try to shovel some channels in my yard to try and direct the water away from my house in preparation for next Wednesday.

• Like 1

NWS is backing off snow totals for my area. Point only has 1-3 tomorrow and 3-5 tomorrow night. “Significant amount of sleet” is mentioned in the afternoon discussion. A 1-2 degree difference could mean a large amount of snow or a snowy/sleety/rainy mess. Looks like it’s going to be a nowcast. Either way, next week is going to be BAD with flooding. Even today, with sunshine and slightly above freezing temps caused some flooding on some of the side roads today. The sewer grates are completely buried. I might try to shovel some channels in my yard to try and direct the water away from my house in preparation for next Wednesday.

Will be very interesting tomorrow for sure. 0z HRRR shows only the first hour as ice, then heavy snow. Total nowcast event. I like your idea of creating channels in the snow for next week. The beauty of a deep snowpack.

• Like 1

Will be very interesting tomorrow for sure. 0z HRRR shows only the first hour as ice, then heavy snow. Total nowcast event. I like your idea of creating channels in the snow for next week. The beauty of a deep snowpack.

hrrr is 8:1 ratio paste up.there

I'm hoping this thing can scrape Waterloo with 2" to set the record and then im fine with spring getting here. I'm not fine with the rain and flooding potential next week tho. That was one of the first things I thought of when the snowpack kept getting deeper.

• Like 1

I wish it was warmer today.  We're getting solid rain, but it's only 33º.  Like with the blizzard, the low temp probably means we won't lose much snow.

DVN recently mentioned that a few snowflakes have been mixed in way down in their area.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"