The Weather Forums

Pretty much nobody gets Good Friday or the Monday after Easter off, but they still are calling this a holiday weekend. The United States also has less paid vacation time than about every other country in the world.

Friday is a holiday for basically everyone in Canada. The Monday is hit and miss, but many government employees get a 4 day weekend
  • Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MossMan

• TT-SEA

• GHweatherChris

• TigerWoodsLibido

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's 7 and he's been obsessed with the Hawks for years. We have videos of him at 2 years old jumping excitedly while watching the game. He probably knows more about them then I do.¬†ūüėÜ

I had to use my custom made casserole dish tonight! 

Posted Images

Pretty much nobody gets Good Friday or the Monday after Easter off, but they still are calling this a holiday weekend. The United States also has less paid vacation time than about every other country in the world.

KAG

Jeopardy James wins again. 12 straight and over $800k. Went 39-4 today plus final correct so it seemed he had some fatigue compared to the ridiculous streak without an incorrect response. Was a close game going into DJ but then he went on a college basketball-style scoring run like Duke vs the SWAC champ. He hit both DDs and that was all she wrote.

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50¬†(Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3¬†(Most recent: Dec 24)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

Game of Thrones...oh my phuck.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

Another big win for "King James" in Jeopardy. He should break the $1,000,000 mark by tomorrow barring any unexpected upsets. If he ever loses, the style of which Jeopardy is played by other players may change forever, with people going from bottom to top with the clues.

• Like 1

Another big win for "King James" in Jeopardy. He should break the $1,000,000 mark by tomorrow barring any unexpected upsets. If he ever loses, the style of which Jeopardy is played by other players may change forever, with people going from bottom to top with the clues.

The all-star players earlier this season also employed the same strategy.  James just bets riskier and controls the board better.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

trump.png

Purely for entertainment... I would love to see a Democrat exactly like Trump get elected.   Just to see everyone on the left and right flip roles.   Conservatives would be freaking out.

He is telling the New York Times to get down on their knees and beg for forgiveness? He spends the day on Twitter pimping Fox shows and name-calling other network personalities.  Its just absurdity.  

We are far more restrained and respectful just posting on a little weather forum with a few people.    :lol:

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

trump.png

Purely for entertainment... I would love to see a Democrat exactly like Trump get elected. Just to see everyone on the left and right flip roles. Conservatives would be freaking out.

He is telling the New York Times to get down on their knees and beg for forgiveness? He spends the day on Twitter pimping Fox shows and name-calling other network personalities. Its just absurdity.

We are far more restrained and respectful just posting on a little weather forum with a few people. :lol:

Why is the American political landscape so fukkin divided?

Personal Stats:

Venmo

trump.png

Purely for entertainment... I would love to see a Democrat exactly like Trump get elected.   Just to see everyone on the left and right flip roles.   Conservatives would be freaking out.

He is telling the New York Times to get down on their knees and beg for forgiveness? He spends the day on Twitter pimping Fox shows and name-calling other network personalities.  Its just absurdity.  

We are far more restrained and respectful just posting on a little weather forum with a few people.    :lol:

Remember... no politics.

Remember... no politics.

Is that post even political?

Its just absurdity as I said... anyone should be able to recognize that regardless of politics.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Why is the American political landscape so fukkin divided?

Because you have extremists leading both parties in opposite directions while many of those in the reasonable middle have decided to sit things out because the American political landscape is so fukkin divided. Sort of becomes this self fulfilling prophecy after a few election cycles.

• Like 1

Because you have extremists leading both parties in opposite directions while many of those in the reasonable middle have decided to sit things out because the American political landscape is so fukkin divided. Sort of becomes this self fulfilling prophecy after a few election cycles.

Obama was the first extremist when he said our county needed radical change. He's the one who fired up Trump to run in the 1st place.

Obama was the first extremist when he said our county needed radical change. He's the one who fired up Trump to run in the 1st place.

No it was the guy from the party that I don’t like that was before him. It was all his fault!

Thank God for that.   Trump has brought the country together and healed the divisions.     He is so respectful and thoughtful and leads by example... teaching us all how to work together.  

Nothing like throwing truckloads of gasoline on a smoldering fire.   That will make it all better.         :rolleyes:   

Thank God for that.   Trump has brought the country together and healed the divisions.     He is so respectful and thoughtful and leads by example... teaching us all how to work together.  

Nothing like throwing truckloads of gasoline on a smoldering fire.   That will make it all better.         :rolleyes:   

Trump has done nothing to heal things...but 2.5 years into his presidency, it's pretty clear that a lot of people overreacted to his election as well. He's a blustering fool, but for the most part people just treat it for what it is - he hasn't destroyed democracy and the nation is getting by just fine overall.

Personality is not everything when it comes to politics. 

Low. Solar.

Trump has done nothing to heal things...but 2.5 years into his presidency, it's pretty clear that a lot of people overreacted to his election as well. He's a blustering fool, but for the most part people just treat it for what it is - he hasn't destroyed democracy and the nation is getting by just fine overall.

He might well be elected again if the Democrats go too far the other way.   Which seems almost likely now.    

But it is still absurd behavior.

Might be best to wait until his term (terms?) are actually over before making a judgement like this.

Might be best to wait until his term (terms?) are actually over before making a judgement like this.

Fair enough. Just going by what's happened thus far. The system is still humming along, albeit with the same dysfunctions it always has.

In particular, there were a lot of fears he'd be a trigger happy warmonger. No real sign of that to this point.

Low. Solar.

James now has $1,061,554 after winning another $118,816 today.

He is making over $75k per episode...that's more than Alex Trebek!!

Personal Stats:

Venmo

As for random stuff, my dad usually wakes up at least 2 times during the night to have midnight eating binges. Today he's having one at 6:15 in the morning, which is a few minutes later than sunrise, so it's technically not midnight.

He also turns the lights on every time he uses the bathroom at night even though there's a night light and the bathroom is right across the hallway from his door.

James obliterates 2 opponents again.  A "paltry" $73k this time. Soft rumors that this guy is still taping episodes into next season. If that's the case, he would be on until July at least.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

James obliterates 2 opponents again.  A "paltry" $73k this time. Soft rumors that this guy is still taping episodes into next season. If that's the case, he would be on until July at least.

Really fascinating article on him and his professional bettor strategy: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/arts/jeopardy-james-holzhauer-interview.html

Low. Solar.

Another $90k for James tonight.  2 more opponents boatraced.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

Half an hour to wait yet because DirecTV said Jeopardy was supposed to show at 9 PM and Wheel of Fortune at 9:30 PM, but they are switched around. So the recording of Wheel of Fortune says "Jeopardy" and the recording of Jeopardy says "Wheel of Fortune".

Actually they got them right this time, unlike last time when the 2 shows were delayed by an NBA Playoff Game. However at 9 PM, before any recordings, Wheel of Fortune was starting, but half an hour later there was a recording of Jeopardy, so I'm not sure how it went from Wheel of Fortune to Jeopardy.

He actually had a few questions he didn't know tonight.

BTW I utterly despise all commercials and that's why we make recordings. Some of the worst here are Powell Electric where two nerds always sing "Call Powell Electric, we'll fix it in a flash" twice within a 5 minute commercial period, a spa sale "all items must go" commercial about once every 2 months where some obnoxious, retarded-sounding guy yells about a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to get a spa. Seems to me every 2 months is more than once in a lifetime.

The above are the worst commercials local to our area. Then there's always those stupid Geico and Progressive commercials, and of course all those drug commercials about people feeling beautiful beware the fatal side effects.

No more spoilers please....

It aired at 7 here like normal, sorry. I will wait til midnight tomorrow as it'll be late for ABC markets again.  Glad I have it on CBS in Eugene.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

Anyone get their tickets to Garth at Autzen before it sold out? After going to the Cape Blanco Country music fest in 2016 I have no desire to go to another concert in my life. I got dragged to Jack Johnson in Bend in July 2017, and that sucked just as bad. I used to love going to concerts, but it was one of those things I kind of grew out of. 

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

James still destroyed the other two, even without any Daily Doubles.

Yeah, it's going to take a very good contestant to bring him down. I have a feeling he will be challenged by someone at some point soon, but he will manage to pull it out and then last a long time from there.

Personal Stats:

Venmo