The Weather Forums

PNW Banter Thread in '19-'20

WINNN!!!!

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

• Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 26F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 11 (Most recent: Jan 9, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Dec 29, 2021)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

This comment makes me think of someone in particular.

I don't handle Seahawks game stress well. Easier for me to assume the worst and then victory is even more sweet if it comes.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Tim is in hiding.

Never. You know me better than that!

My son was waiting until the end of the game to start his drive back to Pullman... had to say our goodbyes.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

From the Seattle Times... 

OK, how alarmed are you about Seattle’s defense?

Like, are you really, really, really alarmed? Or are you just really, really alarmed? Because you’d certainly be justified anywhere within that spectrum after the Seahawks’ head-scratching defensive performance Sunday.

Too often Mike Evans was left open. Too often Jameis Winston had too-much time to throw. Too often the Bucs got whatever the heck they wanted.

The Seahawks allowed Winston to throw for 335 yards and two touchdowns. Evans had 12 catches for 180 yards. Seattle’s pass rush continues to disappoint.

All this came after the Seahawks nearly collapsed in the second half in Atlanta a week ago, allowing backup QB Matt Schaub to throw for 460 yards. If the Seahawks are to make a serious run at an NFC playoff berth — with the NFL’s toughest schedule in the second half of the season — the defense has to be better than this.

From the Seattle Times...

OK, how alarmed are you about Seattle’s defense?

Like, are you really, really, really alarmed? Or are you just really, really alarmed? Because you’d certainly be justified anywhere within that spectrum after the Seahawks’ head-scratching defensive performance Sunday.

Too often Mike Evans was left open. Too often Jameis Winston had too-much time to throw. Too often the Bucs got whatever the heck they wanted.

The Seahawks allowed Winston to throw for 335 yards and two touchdowns. Evans had 12 catches for 180 yards. Seattle’s pass rush continues to disappoint.

All this came after the Seahawks nearly collapsed in the second half in Atlanta a week ago, allowing backup QB Matt Schaub to throw for 460 yards. If the Seahawks are to make a serious run at an NFC playoff berth — with the NFL’s toughest schedule in the second half of the season — the defense has to be better than this.

Do you feel like you finally have a voice????

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Perspective from Tampa Bay Times...

1. When coaches say that the most important thing is winning, sometimes they’re not being truthful. Case in point: Sunday. Bruce Arians wanted to avoid losing more than he wanted to win. Overtime was an unnecessary exercise. After the Bucs scored a touchdown late in the fourth quarter to cut the Seahawks’ lead to 34-33, they could have attempted a two-point conversion. Succeed, and win. Fail, and lose.

2. A two-point conversion is roughly a 50-50 proposition (heading into today, teams had converted 25 of 53 attempts), as is the coin toss that decides which team gets possession of the ball to start overtime. The team that loses the coin toss might never touch the ball in overtime, as was the case for the Bucs. Which scenario do you prefer: taking control of the game or leaving it to a coin toss?

3. When the Seahawks won the coin toss and started overtime with the ball, was there any doubt about what was going to happen? Their quarterback is playing football better than anyone in the NFL right now. Nothing seems to rattle the MVP candidate, who makes throws under pressure and on the run look smooth and effortless. He completed 67 percent of his passes Sunday for 378 yards and five touchdowns.

And one more tidbit for the long time Seahawks fans from the Tampa Bay Times... history could be worse!

15. The Bucs and Seahawks entered the NFL in 1976. Tampa Bay has an all-time winning percentage of .384. Seattle has a .513 win percentage. For the Bucs to pass the Seahawks, they would have to win 89 straight games (or every game for the next five and a half seasons) and Seattle would have to lose 89 straight.

Guest CulverJosh

Alright guys. Vegas pics for ya.

My brother is the lumberjack looking dude. I am the one in the striped shirt in the family pics. My dad is between my brother in one of them. Me standing in front of the aquarium. Hopefully Mat can make it next time, we had a great time, as you can tell.

post-12057-0-53535200-1572991352_thumb.jpg

post-12057-0-04431800-1572991392_thumb.jpg

post-12057-0-17485900-1572991419_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-17024400-1572994794_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-96124300-1572994814_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Alright guys. Vegas pics for ya.

My brother is the lumberjack looking dude. I am the one in the striped shirt in the family pics. My dad is between my brother in one of them. Me standing in front of the aquarium. Hopefully Mat can make it next time, we had a great time, as you can tell.

INB4 D-L337

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*

Personal Stats:

Venmo

College basketball has started today. The road to March Madness is underway.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

College basketball has started today. The road to March Madness is underway.

I wanted to go down and see the Ducks opener, but my wife said she was working a double. Turns out she's not even working today. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 31.1                         2021-22: 40.64" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

First College Football Playoff ranking is out, and the committee is still in love with the SEC.  Three of the top 6 are from that conference.  I wouldn't be surprised to see two of them make the playoffs at the expense of the PAC 12.  Oregon really screwed themselves when they gave that game to Auburn.

Guest CulverJosh

First College Football Playoff ranking is out, and the committee is still in love with the SEC. Three of the top 6 are from that conference. I wouldn't be surprised to see two of them make the playoffs at the expense of the PAC 12. Oregon really screwed themselves when they gave that game to Auburn.

LSU or Alabama will drop behind if one gets blown out. Let us hope.

• Like 1

First College Football Playoff ranking is out, and the committee is still in love with the SEC. Three of the top 6 are from that conference. I wouldn't be surprised to see two of them make the playoffs at the expense of the PAC 12. Oregon really screwed themselves when they gave that game to Auburn.

Georgia losing at home to a mediocre South Carolina team and still being ranked ahead of Oregon is all you need to know. Ducks need to win out to have any chance. Hopefully Utah can stay at one loss if we play them in the Pac 12 championship game so if we beat them it'll look good on our resume.

Guest CulverJosh

Georgia losing at home to a mediocre South Carolina team and still being ranked ahead of Oregon is all you need to know. Ducks need to win out to have any chance. Hopefully Utah can stay at one loss if we play them in the Pac 12 championship game so if we beat them it'll look good on our resume.

Route Utah and win out and we should get in. If we dont, corruption exists.

• Like 1

It's unlikely a one loss Pac 12 team will leap frog a one loss SEC team. Regardless of who they lost to.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

Route Utah and win out and we should get in. If we dont, corruption exists.

Route Utah, win out, and either LSU or Alabama gets routed, and then Oregon has a chance.  If the LSU/Alabama game is close, I see them still ranking both those teams above Oregon.  We shall see.