Here's my stats from my backyard for April:

Average low: 41.3

Average high: 65.0

precip: 1.68"/0" snow

coldest low: 26.4

coldest high: 40.1

warmest low: 57.6

warmest high: 86.4

Had precip on 13 of 30 days, but mainly light qpf events. Heaviest single day precip was .84" on the 28th. Had one severe tstorm watch on 4/10. Believe averages from what I saw were between 2-3 degrees above average and precip was about 1.3" below normal for the month.

April deviated quite a bit from recent months around Omaha, as we saw most of the rain and snow go either to our north or to our south. Definitely was good timing, as we were able to dry out after all the crazy flooding in this region during the month of March. If there was ever an April for below normal precipitation around here, this year was it. 

I have a feeling that in May we see normal temperatures with a return to above average moisture levels around here, with plenty of severe weather in the mid and late parts of the month. 

• Like 1

We saw 6.75" for April's rainfall.

Total to the end of April for the year, 12.87"

If it triples for the year, we'll be almost 5" above average. Looks to be a wet year ahead.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*