UK Farmers Dismayed Over Snow During Lambing

https://www.fginsight.com/news/news/uk-farmers-left-in-dismay-as-heavy-snowfall-hits-during-lambing-season-83007

Northern England and Scotland are experiencing an April snowstorm in the middle of lambing season.

Farmers are overwhelmed by work to save the ewes and lambs in their fields. Any losses will impact the economy and ability for farmers to keep going.

This is what one farmer posted on twitter.

Today be like

1. 20inches ish of snow overnight

2. Find and feed #flerd

3. Dig out and feed pigs

4. Electric fences down

5. No electricity, no water

Nothing like a challenge..... #thisfarminglife

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The drastic weather is hurting farmers around the world. The farmers in Nebraska have seen losses of 100%. I saw pictures and read one article where a farmer was going out into the snow and locating cattle from their horns sticking out of the snow. He would then start shoveling to get his animals free. It is nothing less than terrible what these people are going though in an effort to make a living by putting food on our tables.