3/22 - 3/27 | Severe Storms | First widespread potential of 2023

Iceresistance

It all starts today with @Clinton in/just outside the Marginal risk for today.

Tomorrow is when things start to get crazy for me, @Black Hole, @OKwx2k4, and possibly @Andie.

But Friday is when things can get REALLY Nasty in Dixie Alley.

• Like 1
  • Storm 3

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

• Iceresistance changed the title to 3/22 - ? | Severe Storms | First widespread potential of 2023
  • Tom pinned this topic

Proximity soundings seem to indicate all hazards are possible but hail will clearly be favored. I see the SPC is noting the same thing in their outlook. Plenty of moisture in place this time with good CAPE and lift. Most of the shear is above 3 km. 

image.png

image.png

Training storms will eventually turn this to a flood risk. Could be a few inches somewhere nearby. Should be a fun storm. 

image.png

• Like 2

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

8 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

It all starts today with @Clinton in/just outside the Marginal risk for today.

Tomorrow is when things start to get crazy for me, @Black Hole, @OKwx2k4, and possibly @Andie.

But Friday is when things can get REALLY Nasty in Dixie Alley.

We’re as ready as we can get.  
Hoping we don’t see large hail in W. Ft Worth.  Tornados tend to avoid my area but anything is possible.  
The rain will be welcomed however.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Partly Cloudy this afternoon. 82*. 
Humid at 53%
Wind 19 but blustery and likely to grow worse.  
We may see some thunderstorms between 4am and 10 am. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

I may see some rain before 6am.  
Unfortunately, it won’t be a great deal.   

Ended up with 3.29" of rain yesterday! So far another .04" this morning but more coming in...I'll probably get my 24 hour total above 3.50". 

• Like 3
  • Storm 1
  • scream 1

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

It was fun just getting wave after wave of storms yesterday and this morning. Looks like it was less fun for MS today with the destructive tornadoes. 

• Like 1
  • Storm 1

6 hours ago, Black Hole said:

It was fun just getting wave after wave of storms yesterday and this morning. Looks like it was less fun for MS today with the destructive tornadoes. 

At least 21 dead in Mississippi very sad news.  They have had it rough since last fall.

• Sad 3

They're saying 2-3 tornadoes, the one in Rolling Fork, MS.

The 2nd one in Winona is questionable if it was part of the Rolling Fork, MS tornado or if it's a separate one altogether.

And the one in Amory, MS was nasty.

• Like 1

Some research has been done as to why there are more tornado deaths in Dixie, though I'm not sure if it's been proven that those tornadoes are in fact stronger in general or if it's also because their houses aren't as well built, since they have mild winters. Probably a combination of both, and there's definitely a major tornado alley down there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Some research has been done as to why there are more tornado deaths in Dixie, though I'm not sure if it's been proven that those tornadoes are in fact stronger in general or if it's also because their houses aren't as well built, since they have mild winters. Probably a combination of both, and there's definitely a major tornado alley down there. 

The tornadoes are also faster down there too.

To add to what others have said, many of the tornadoes down there are rain wrapped so they are harder to see. 

• Like 3

• Iceresistance changed the title to 3/22 - 3/27 | Severe Storms | First widespread potential of 2023
  • Tom unpinned this topic