Favorite and least favorite month

What are your favorite and least favorite month?

My favorite would be July because that's when consistent summer-like weather starts and it's also the beginning of the monsoon season which occasionally brings thunderstorms to the mountains, which look pretty from the coast.

My least favorite is November because of Fall Back when the sun begins to set before 5 PM and there is also the biggest drop in high temperatures out of any month. By the middle of December, evenings are already getting longer and by about the 10th of January, sunsets are after 5 PM again and get one minute later each day.

I don’t have a favorite month, but my least favorite month is definitely September.

More humid and stagnant than June with more bugs and mold, but less thunderstorm activity than any summer month.

I'd either go with November for having the heaviest rainfall, or May-June for the best chance of a thunderstorm. Probably May-June because of better temperatures. Spring vegetation is all there and spring weather is in full swing, with no chance of wildfires ruining your outdoor experience.

yeah September isnt a very good thunderstorm month unless it's a hurricane or remnants of one September is pretty boring.

We haven’t had a hurricane in September since 2003 (and that was a strong TS, technically) so yeah, can’t rely on that either. Though I guess we’re way overdue for a big one (haven’t had a cat2+ here since the 19th century, and not even a cat1 since 1954, so this hurricane drought has to end at some point). Maybe my opinion will change once that happens.

I feel kind of ugly “rooting” for a hurricane, but I can’t help it. And it’s not like I can control it..hate the destruction but love the power.

• Like 1

Favorite is December into the first couple weeks of Jan where our coldest snow is possible.

Least favorite is probly August with the heat, fires, and smoke of late.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Hard to choose a favorite. I always love early to mid Autumn around here. September/October have been long time favorites, but my preferences have broadened as I have gotten older. I also really like July, December. Spring was always on the bottom of the list for me but I’ve come to appreciate it more and more too.

For me July - December is certainly my favorite half of the year (that range would include January if it ever gets its act together again).  October is probably my favorite.  The first heavy frosts and growing anticipation for winter.  April has certainly become my least favorite month.  It's just depressing much of the time.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9