June 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

my post was towards the folks who never seem to contribute anything to the forum except snide/negative remarks about others.

There are a handful. Matt, Domebuster, etc. I wasn’t talking about your post though really.

Then what is the point of this post? #hypocrisy

I’m not too worried because I can only control what I do not what you do, have more things to be worried about in my life than some people on a weather forum. I just think certain people come on here to only troll, again nothing I can do about that since I’m not a moderator. All I’m saying is can we focus on the weather instead of argumentative jabs and trying to troll people?

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I’m not too worried because I can only control what I do not what you do, have more things to be worried about in my life than some people on a weather forum. I just think certain people come on here to only troll, again nothing I can do about that since I’m not a moderator. All I’m saying is can we focus on the weather instead of argumentative jabs and trying to troll people?

You make a good point, but the problem with Tim is he jabs and trolls all the time then plays the innocent card when he gets the reaction he wants. In his case the best way to win is not to play of course, not responding is the quickest route to neutralization. I definitely gave in too much yesterday and it’s something I’ll try to work on in the future. I think reading over the pages of posts I missed and seeing all the jabs and troll attempts even when I’m on the other side of the world enjoying a nice vacation had me feeling pretty irritated.

You make a good point, but the problem with Tim is he jabs and trolls all the time then plays the innocent card when he gets the reaction he wants. In his case the best way to win is not to play of course, not responding is the quickest route to neutralization. I definitely gave in too much yesterday and it’s something I’ll try to work on in the future. I think reading over the pages of posts and seeing all the jabs and troll attempts even when I’m on the other side of the world enjoying a nice vacation had me feeling pretty irritated.

you certainly are not the problem. Phil and front ranger aren’t either. Tim is definitely not innocent either I understand that. My post was referring to what jcmgaffey said about Matt and domebuster and posters like that. Again I can’t control what anyone says I just want people to lay off trying to insult and troll people since this is a weather forum. However I understand that my post yesterday is kind of ironic and I am in a way worrying about what other people post and I’ll try to refrain from that and just ignore it.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

you certainly are not the problem. Phil and front ranger aren’t either. Tim is definitely not innocent either I understand that. My post was referring to what jcmgaffey said about Matt and domebuster and posters like that. Again I can’t control what anyone says I just want people to lay off trying to insult and troll people since this is a weather forum. However I understand that my post yesterday is kind of ironic and I am in a way worrying about what other people post and I’ll try to refrain from that and just ignore it.

I’m definitely not 100% innocent either but I appreciate the sentiment. But yeah overall you make some solid points here.

There are a handful. Matt, Domebuster, etc. I wasn’t talking about your post though really.

ya I do genuinely enjoy most of what the main posters put on here, even the bickering can be pretty informative even if there is ill will meant:). I was glad to find this group years ago and it’s nice to discuss with others who have the same interests and still enjoy reading up on everyone’s comments usually on a daily basis.
  • Like 1

12z Euro holds the trough back a bit and keeps next weekend cooler and cloudier. Looks like PDX could have their first shot at 90 of the season early the following week, though.

Seems a tad wetter (especially east side) but I haven't been following things that closely. Good eye on the temp, first 90 of the year does indeed look possible.

http://i65.tinypic.com/dc3dq1.pnghttp://i65.tinypic.com/ozpet.png

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Seems a tad wetter (especially east side) but I haven't been following things that closely. Good eye on the temp, first 90 of the year does indeed look possible.

Really happy to see a wetter trend on the models this morning with the next trough. Hope it holds.

And yeah the 90 possibilities are out at days 9-10 but the second week of June feels about right. I think that is pretty close to climo for our first 90 down here.

• Like 1

Definitely a little bit wetter.

ecmwf-tprecip-washington-41-2.png

except for me tacoma getting rainshadowed of course. Clouds cleared out pretty quickly this morning up to 66 and another beautiful day.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

12Z EPS still shows the trough lifting out about a day sooner than the operational run... it shows the ridge in place and 850mb temps above normal by Sunday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

It’s a smoothed ensemble mean, not an operational model. Of course it’s not going to look as amplified.

Sometimes the anomalies are pretty strong on there. In February... the cold anomalies looked intense even at day 15.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Sometimes the anomalies are pretty strong on there. In February... the cold anomalies looked intense even at day 15.

Anomalies aside, the average 500mb pattern is almost always a lot smoother at that range than what ends up verifying. February included. That is the nature of long range ensemble means.

Anomalies aside, the average 500mb pattern is almost always a lot smoother at that range than what ends up verifying. February included. That is the nature of long range ensemble means.

I understand that. And I am accounting for that as well. It does not look as hot.

(OT). So this blew through my neighborhood a few hours ago. Gusts were probably near hurricane force in the core w/ wuarter sized hail. I’ll link my own video later.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vbagate/status/1135311468025524230

• Like 1

(OT). So this blew through my neighborhood a few hours ago. Gusts were probably near hurricane force in the core w/ wuarter sized hail. I’ll link my own video later.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vbagate/status/1135311468025524230

Lucky  :wub:

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Out on Sammamish again today... sand bar is still below water but getting closer Boats are starting to pull up now. Water is ankle deep there. Lake level is slowly dropping to normal summer level.

20190602-165527.jpg

High clouds have rolled in the last hour or 2 here. Just cloudy skies now and 70 degrees a little cooler than yesterday. Also getting some cool SW breezes here.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

High clouds have rolled in the last hour or 2 here. Just cloudy skies now and 70 degrees a little cooler than yesterday. Also getting some cool SW breezes here.

Was 79 when we came off lake... high clouds now but looks like the ingredients for a gorgeous sunset are in place.

Was 79 when we came off lake... high clouds now but looks like the ingredients for a gorgeous sunset are in place.

Yeah looks like a nice sunset to end off the weekend. Definitely some cooler air coming in here onshore winds have kicked up. Made it up to 73 now it’s down to 69 here.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Still 65F in town while it's 59F at the airport.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

58 here was a beautiful evening. Upcoming weekend looks not nearly as good as this weekend. Gfs is currently showing 0.5-0.75 over western WA and OR with less than that up in the north sound during this upcoming weekend. Goes without saying that number will change over the next few days.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

58 here was a beautiful evening. Upcoming weekend looks not nearly as good as this weekend. Gfs is currently showing 0.5-0.75 over western WA and OR with less than that up in the north sound during this upcoming weekend. Goes without saying that number will change over the next few days.

I am guessing that Saturday will be pretty decent but cool... and I still think Sunday has a chance to be summery again.  

This weekend was just about perfect.   Sunny and 77 yesterday and today in North Bend... and it was 79 on the lake in Issaquah this afternoon.  

Still calm here and down to 65 now. 

Why is rain not good?

Why is rain not good?

haha I didn’t mean it like that at all we really need the rain. I’ll take any rain we can get in the summer!

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I am guessing that Saturday will be pretty decent but cool... and I still think Sunday has a chance to be summery again.  

This weekend was just about perfect.   Sunny and 77 yesterday and today in North Bend... and it was 79 on the lake in Issaquah this afternoon.  

Still calm here and down to 65 now.

well hopefully one of those days is alright but I’m definitely hoping we get some decent rain.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

well hopefully one of those days is alright but I’m definitely hoping we get some decent rain.

Yeah... it would be awesome to get an inch of rain on some night during the work week every week and then every weekend was like this all summer. Best of both worlds!