June 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

Bullshit, most stations around you are well below 90.

Like I said most stations around here are at 83 or 84 right now.... but I am sure it was 110 degrees on the surface of my patio table at 3 p.m. so that is my high for the day.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

It isn't now, like I said it is what is is. And your first 5 words are more true than ever.

A station can be in the shade and be over-exposed... even more so if it was in the sun during the afternoon.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Either way it’s hot as a mf out there today and it’ll probably be hotter tomorrow. There could be high clouds tomorrow and depending on what time they pass through they could cap the heating during the day or they could keep it warmer if they pass through in the overnight hours.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Either way it’s hot as a mf out there today and it’ll probably be hotter tomorrow. There could be high clouds tomorrow and depending on what time they pass through they could cap the heating during the day or they could keep it warmer if they pass through in the overnight hours.

It was in the low to mid 80s for us... and almost 100 in Portland.

Low to mid 80s is not really hot as a mf. I am sure some people down south would love to trade for our relatively cool weather. :)

It was in the low to mid 80s for us... and almost 100 in Portland.

Low to mid 80s is not really hot as a mf.

it is in my opinion! Everyone has an opinion on what is hot and anything above 80 to me is hot. Some people might consider 90+ to be hot. Sea tac was 87, forks was 91 and Boeing field was 82 all record highs.
  • Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

it is in my opinion! Everyone has an opinion on what is hot and anything above 80 to me is hot. Some people might consider 90+ to be hot. Sea tac was 87, forks was 91 and Boeing field was 82 all record highs.

Exactly, perspective is important. My definition of what temperatures constitute cold/hot may be very different from yours. 

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

29EE85FC-8910-4F16-A57D-32B00DDB11E4.jpeg

Is this June or March?

18z shows a MASSIVE trough in the 8-10 day range. Looks like a record smasher for many parts of the west coast.

Seriously? We’re under an actual record breaking ridge right now but you have a mild panic attack when the 18z shows some seasonable troughing in the long range? :lol:

Exactly, perspective is important. My definition of what temperatures constitute cold/hot may be very different from yours.

my aunt is from Arizona and she thinks anything below 65-70 is cold. That’s a warm summer day a lot of the year around here haha.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Its just a couple degrees warmer here than what we had in mid March. :)

We end up not going on vacation and have delayed it until the 23rd of June due to a pet getting sick. How's that week looking?

Dude... there is no way to really know yet. Its 2 weeks away.

This week ended up being perfect though.

Yes that's what bummed me out. Things happen for a reason though. I'm greatful for everyone on the forum helping me out. I learn tons here

It will probably still work out. Its usually not bad for a whole week in late June up there.

Seriously? We’re under an actual record breaking ridge right now but you have a mild panic attack when the 18z shows some seasonable troughing in the long range? :lol:

Not having a panic attack. We've broken plenty of daily temperature records on the warm side, but we've broken exactly one on the cold side this year and that was the 37ºF high on March 6.

Also the 18z shows a 52ºF high in Bend on 6/20 which is right in daily record territory. 56ºF high in Eugene on 6/20 which is right in daily record territory. Pretty strong trough no matter what way you look at it. But I'm not complaining about it, especially since it provides a decent chance at some thunderstorms.

• Like 1

Its just a couple degrees warmer here than what we had in mid March. :)

True. This March was quite interesting the swing in temps we had. Had a 37 degree high on the 6th and a 38 on the 8th. Then up to 70 on the 18th and 76 on the 19th.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Although the high recorded at sea tac was 87 there probably was a bit of a warming effect due to the blacktop. Probably was more like 85. The old record was 84 so it’s still a record breaker. Olympia hit 86 which beats the old record by 1 degree as well. High temp here was 84 but seemed to be more like 82 as the boost in temps seemed to be aided by a burst of NE winds passing through earlier this afternoon.

Edit: was actually 87 at Olympia today old record was 86.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

96/56 here today. Pretty hot, not a great day to be outside for long away from water. Although the breeze and relatively low humidity made it more tolerable than it would have been otherwise. Took a nice dip in the Washougal River this afternoon.

Just one more day of this and then done for at least a week or so.

96/56 here today. Pretty hot, not a great day to be outside for long away from water. Although the breeze and relatively low humidity made it more tolerable than it would have been otherwise. Took a nice dip in the Washougal River this afternoon.

Just one more day of this and then done for at least a week or so.

definitely cooler and even maybe a little rain hopefully. Still too early too tell of course but we can hope.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Accas and cirrus confirmed. Haven't seen them in a while.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Not having a panic attack. We've broken plenty of daily temperature records on the warm side, but we've broken exactly one on the cold side this year and that was the 37ºF high on March 6.

Also the 18z shows a 52ºF high in Bend on 6/20 which is right in daily record territory. 56ºF high in Eugene on 6/20 which is right in daily record territory. Pretty strong trough no matter what way you look at it. But I'm not complaining about it, especially since it provides a decent chance at some thunderstorms.

You should probably stop taking GFS surface maps seriously, they aren't worth much even 2 days out unless you're just looking for ballpark numbers. Let alone at 9+ days when it probably doesn't even have a decent handle on the upper level pattern.

Even at face value though it was nowhere near a record smasher. 

Hit 94F in downtown Springfield. Will be interesting to see how low temps get. I’ll guess we get to 67.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Down to 71 as of 9:30pm. Last night got down into the upper 50s probably won’t go below 60 here tonight. Will be looking forward to the marine push.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0