June 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

Teleportation is the only viable transportation option IMO. Once we get around the possible effects of cellular degeneration prompted by a convergence of quantum particles (therefore inducing a radical change that manifests as movement), we can surely begin to build stations around the globe to teleport to and from. I'm sure the alien races will contact us within the next few years, so perhaps we can take some of their advanced technology to replace our primitive drivel.

Also, cold anomalies!

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Today could be the warmest day for the foreseeable future. Currently 74 degrees in Tacoma. Hopefully some meaningful precipitation comes out of the next 10 days.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Teleportation is the only viable transportation option IMO. Once we get around the possible effects of cellular degeneration prompted by a convergence of quantum particles (therefore inducing a radical change that manifests as movement), we can surely begin to build stations around the globe to teleport to and from. I'm sure the alien races will contact us within the next few years, so perhaps we can take some of their advanced technology to replace our primitive drivel.

Also, cold anomalies!

The problems you cite are merely the superficial, rectilinear ones.

I know it's been a rough couple of winters for you guys out in Washington County but keep the faith. Mother Nature will always balance itself out in the end so your time to score sticking snow will come soon.

I think they just need to pray to their Lord and Savior Jesus H. Christ more. He loves when you bug Him about snow.

• Like 1

I know it's been a rough couple of winters for you guys out in Washington County but keep the faith. Mother Nature will always balance itself out in the end so your time to score sticking snow will come soon.

Can confirm

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Can confirm

it’d be nice to have a solid 20+ inches of snow from Vancouver to Eugene this winter. Was fairly close to that this year outside of PDX.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I want more people in Oregon and better infrastructure. I’m weird but I miss efficient infrastructure like in Texas and California. Cutting down some conifers esp in the burn scar areas is vital for more people. More $ in the state. Like I said, I know people don’t agree with me. Just my opinion. Yes, I like to go faster and not be behind 4 semis going 35 mph and I can’t see the scenery.

You can have all of the people that have moved into Snohomish Co over the last 20yrs...And you get bonus points if you take all of the druggy tweakers from the county as well!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

99% chance next winter is the same weak Modoki Niño crap as last one. I really can’t have high hopes. Rain and snow will probably be pathetic again.

Susanville, a town in the NE California high desert, has had more rain YTD than either the Portland or Hillsboro stations. That’s depressing.

This myth that Portland has a wet climate needs to die.

Vancouver BC (YVR) had no where near 20” of snow last winter.

Yeah I know it wasn’t a full uniform 20 inches all across western WA and BC but it was close to that in many places. Good swath of snow in central and southern OR as well.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Yeah I know it wasn’t a full uniform 20 inches all across western WA and BC but it was close to that in many places. Good swath of snow in central and southern OR as well.

It was actually a below average snow year for lower elevations around the City of Vancouver YVR. I don’t think they’ve had an above average snow year since 08-09. I’d have to double check that though.

Think I was around 36” or so.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It was actually a below average snow year for lower elevations around the City of Vancouver YVR. I don’t think they’ve had an above average snow year since 08-09. I’d have to double check that though.

I honestly thought that BC in general did better with snow totals this February-Early march. Sounds like the higher elevations did better obviously. I went up to orcas island on March 4-5th and up about 500-750’ there was decent snow depth on the ground still about 3-6 inches. 2000’ There was 2-3’ of snow.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I honestly thought that BC in general did better with snow totals this February-Early march. Sounds like the higher elevations did better obviously. I went up to orcas island on March 4-5th and up about 500-750’ there was decent snow depth on the ground still about 3-6 inches. 2000’ There was 2-3’ of snow.

Outflow was pretty dry in a lot of areas but snow totals varied widely around southern BC.

By early next week... there are no positive 500mb anomalies anywhere in the country.

ecmwf_z500a_us_8.png

Let’s keep these trends going through next Feb. Old timer Dec-Jan pls.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Nice drizzly morning here. Looks like a weak convergence zone from Mukilteo to Duvall area.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Yeah, and the entire stretch between Centralia and Corvallis wasn't close either, not just PDX.

like I said I know it wasn’t a uniform 20 inches but it was pretty solid winter for the most past outside of SW WA and NW OR.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0