July 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Looks like the average temps for this month so far is 72/56 as of today. Felt warm today and was much warmer yesterday here which has been pretty absent from this summer. These last 2 days have definitely been the nicest days so far here this summer. The weekend before this last one was nice too.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Should be a good star watching night in the south valley.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

we’ve gone 6 days without rainfall here in Tacoma, the longest stretch of the month so far. From 7/1-7/17, the longest dry streak of the month was only 4 days. We’ve had Measurable rainfall on 6 different days here this month.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I live in Everett.

Interesting.

Let me know if you’re free. I can Uber over to a starbucks or something.

Looking at the last week of July on the gfs it looks really nice. Not too hot and not too cool looks good to me. Latest run showing some rain around the 7/31-8/1 timeframe.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

75F in downtown Springfield.  Some clouds but very pleasant. Has been a quiet 24 hrs on the board. Far cry from Feb when there were multiple posts a minute.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Guest CulverJosh

75F in downtown Springfield. Some clouds but very pleasant. Has been a quiet 24 hrs on the board. Far cry from Feb when there were multiple posts a minute.

Sounds perfect.

75F in downtown Springfield.  Some clouds but very pleasant. Has been a quiet 24 hrs on the board. Far cry from Feb when there were multiple posts a minute.

Pleasant but not much interesting weather of note.

Now I know why none of the weather forums I use have many California members. Most Californians live in the Bay Area and the Los Angeles/San Diego areas which aren’t exactly known for interesting weather. The parts of CA with actually interesting weather (Sierra Nevada and far north part of the state) are sparsely populated.

Let me know if you’re free. I can Uber over to a starbucks or something.

This will finally put to rest the doubt in people’s minds!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Pleasant but not much interesting weather of note.

Now I know why none of the weather forums I use have many California members. Most Californians live in the Bay Area and the Los Angeles/San Diego areas which aren’t exactly known for interesting weather. The parts of CA with actually interesting weather (Sierra Nevada and far north part of the state) are sparsely populated.

Yeah it’s definitely the quiet season around here. This place was pretty active in February. Fast forward 5 months and now we’re in the boring season. We will be back into more interesting weather come October most likely.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Perfect day on the Sound for fishing and beside getting a small coho even caught an octopus ( not my intention)! First time handling one of these amazing creatures. I was awestruck by the ability of how this guy could connect and disconnect his suction cups....crazy creature. Scared the crud out me when he first attached to me with one of his arms as I was taking the hook out of another arm. I love fishing in the Sound as ya never know what your going to pull up :)

Screwed up on my video of the Octopus....did not hit the record button and thought I was filming...ugh

Sun is just now trying to break through the clouds

66*

7EA9DEA0-F8E8-418E-B74F-BE21A640CFF6.jpeg

ACD566DD-9A0E-4D6B-B786-2DB7508BC90A.png

• Like 4

Hasn’t been any sun here in Tacoma at all today, high so far has been 68. Could possibly end up being the 10th day below 70 this month.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Perfect day on the Sound for fishing and beside getting a small coho even caught an octopus ( not my intention)! First time handling one of these amazing creatures. I was awestruck by the ability of how this guy could connect and disconnect his suction cups....crazy creature. Scared the crud out me when he first attached to me with one of his arms as I was taking the hook out of another arm. I love fishing in the Sound as ya never know what your going to pull up :)

Screwed up on my video of the Octopus....did not hit the record button and thought I was filming...ugh

Sun is just now trying to break through the clouds

66*

Pretty cool man. I love fishing waters that may turn up something different. I fished Diamond Lake last weekend and caught 6 decent trout. But I knew I was going to catch them. Hogs though. The salmon hatch is huge. When I used to fish the Columbia and willamette, it was always a crapshoot. Fun stuff.

• Like 1

Pretty cool man. I love fishing waters that may turn up something different. I fished Diamond Lake last weekend and caught 6 decent trout. But I knew I was going to catch them. Hogs though. The salmon hatch is huge. When I used to fish the Columbia and willamette, it was always a crapshoot. Fun stuff.

Haven’t fished Diamond Lake yet but other family members love it there! 6 trout....nice, open fire with a fry pan, butter, a little seasoning and drink of choice ....yum!

Cheers to fishing and weather

• Like 1