July 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

I didn't say to post them in here, there is a forum for them though, jus saying!

I took a video this afternoon and gave you a shout-out.

I’ll post it when we get home from dinner, k?

I took a video this afternoon and gave you a shout-out.

I’ll post it when we get home from dinner, k?

The haters are never gonna believe you lol.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Plenty of snow on Mt. Hood still for so late in the year.

I was just up at the silcox hut on Hood 5 days ago they are doing good this year!

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I'm loving the 90/91 for the next 2 days. Just wish we could add another day so we could finally score an official heatwave this summer. ☀️♨️

You guys almost hit 100 in mid June lol.
  • Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Well I’m definitely hoping the trend of no wildfires continues throughout August, as I’m going to Mount Shasta on the 22nd-26th.

It’s pretty nice to not have endless smokestorms over the Northwest.

I mean it could still end up being smoky at some point around the region but its less likely this year it seems. No major fires on the west coast currently or in BC. Hopefully we can totally avoid it this year and not deal with it as severely as we did the last 2 summers.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

80/55 at PDX today, good for a -2 departure.

They hit 82. So good for a -1. Chilly low helped.

It was cold and windy camping on the south side of Adams last night. This morning started calmer and cold then it warmed into the low 70s this afternoon with crystal clear skies and a light breeze.

• Like 1

There were also dry thunderstorms that moved over in the middle of the night the night before last, on Adams south side. Lots of lightning. Hopefully no fire starts, I haven’t seen any smoke from up on the ridge the last two days.

• Like 1

I'm already beginning to scrape togther the data for a winter forecast.  I feel inspired this year!

• Like 4

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I'm already beginning to scrape togther the data for a winter forecast. I feel inspired this year!

I feel like February and March of this year is just a taste of what this coming winter season will offer! I had 41 straight days with snow on the ground...let’s see if I can surpass that number!
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

There were also dry thunderstorms that moved over in the middle of the night the night before last, on Adams south side. Lots of lightning. Hopefully no fire starts, I haven’t seen any smoke from up on the ridge the last two days.

I’m going to be camping near takhlakh lake next week actually that’s NW of Adams. Beautiful area.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I feel like February and March of this year is just a taste of what this coming winter season will offer! I had 41 straight days with snow on the ground...let’s see if I can surpass that number!

One thing that bummed me out last winter was the fact there was continuous snow cover for weeks just a couple of miles north of here while I only had 12 days.  It was still decent here, but nothing like just up the road.

It is interesting to note how big Februaries one winter often lead to great things the following winter.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Can’t wait to see that!

I think this one has top 10% potential.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Is Tim okay?

In-laws are here this week.

Gorgeous afternoon today... heading out on Lake Washington tomorrow and Lake Sammamish on Friday.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

One thing that bummed me out last winter was the fact there was continuous snow cover for weeks just a couple of miles north of here while I only had 12 days.  It was still decent here, but nothing like just up the road.

It is interesting to note how big Februaries one winter often lead to great things the following winter.

I was seriously jealous of your bare ground during the first half of March... that snow cover was really annoying as we moved into spring.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Looks like the high was 73 here today. Was a really nice day.

76 here... 78 at SEA.

There was actually a little rain here early this morning... but the clouds started breaking up around 10 a.m. and it was pretty much sunny by early afternoon.

Many of us would have enjoyed it, so....

So what?  I did not speak for anyone else.   And since when do you tailor your opinions to anyone else's?   :rolleyes:

Nice to see Anchorage and Juneau back to frequent rain and temps in the 60s... while its in the mid-70s to mid-80s with sun every day here.    A much more normal summer pattern overall.