Rise in Stochastic Events

The sun does pole flips rapidly, but I don't think Earth does this process as fast.

Surely there is a geological explanation for this. The planet is constructed of iron, basalt, granite and the like. There are deep crystallin formations in caves hundreds of feet below us. When I think of how these materials are capable of handling and storing magnetic energy, and then compare it to the nuclear/magnetic furnace that is our sun, it is easy to accept that the sun can flip so easily, while our solid planet stores energy and processes it far slower. ( lucky for us ).

Other solid planets must ,no doubt, manage similarly. I do not know about the gas giants.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

No doubt, the other planets cope with the same changes as we do, and have similar climatic and geological catastrophes as we do.

I believe the solar system as a whole is entering a cold phase. Comments?

Interesting article on pole reversals and the African Connection.

https://earthsky.org/earth/magnetic-pole-reversal-ahead

"The conventional idea of reversals is that they can start anywhere in the core. Our conceptual model suggests there may be special places at the core-mantle boundary that promote reversals. We do not yet know if the current field is going to reverse in the next few thousand years, or simply continue to weaken over the next couple of centuries.

But the clues provided by the ancestors of modern-day southern Africans will undoubtedly help us to further develop our proposed mechanism for reversals. If correct, pole reversals may be “Out of Africa.”

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Celestial bodies like the Sun are free flowing plasma and any repolarization would be less opposed. Rocky planets contain minerals with high memory. On Mars today there are localized magnetic fields because of this.

The interior of the Earth is less opposed to a quicker shift. This could result in a period of instability for a while. Biology should cope just fine. Our silicon creations may have a major problem.

• Like 4

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Earth is like a giant dynamo. When it rotates around it's core, a magnetic charge is built up in its rocks. This only happens during a period of negative dimension as we've had for roughly the past 5K years. When this electromagnetic charge builds up, it becomes highly susceptible to sudden release thus our planet's current state in the Electric Universe is unstable. A multitude of scenarios can (and have in the remote past epochs) triggered a partial or full release of this built-up electromagnetic charge. The larger the discharge, the more extreme the ensuing pole shift. A total discharge normally results in a complete reversal and a change of dimensions. This last occurred approximately 3450 BC and is passed down to us as history of a great planet-wide cataclysm, aka Noah's flood. The paradise lost at that time recounts the former world of positive dimension.

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 52.8" (89% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.1 Apr: 0.0

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = xx.x" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

Earth is like a giant dynamo. When it rotates around it's core, a magnetic charge is built up in its rocks. This only happens during a period of negative dimension as we've had for roughly the past 5K years. When this electromagnetic charge builds up, it becomes highly susceptible to sudden release thus our planet's current state in the Electric Universe is unstable. A multitude of scenarios can (and have in the remote past epochs) triggered a partial or full release of this built-up electromagnetic charge. The larger the discharge, the more extreme the ensuing pole shift. A total discharge normally results in a complete reversal and a change of dimensions. This last occurred approximately 3450 BC and is passed down to us as history of a great planet-wide cataclysm, aka Noah's flood. The paradise lost at that time recounts the former world of positive dimension.

Wow, a lot of stuff here. First, there is no doubt that all living things including planets have electrical fields. I am, however, curious as to how a change in polarity could result in cataclysm. I can understand how things that rely on it for orientation would be effected but not nature. Please explain your rationale and and its progressive eteology.

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

The arctic is cold. Certainly in the NW Passage. It's much colder this time this year from last.

You cold loving guys in the north will like this.

https://notrickszone.com/2019/07/19/2019-climate-ship-of-fools-run-into-3-meter-thick-ice-baffin-inlets-mid-summer-ice-extent-no-trend-in-50-years/

IMG_3833.PNG

This year Arctic sea ice in the area of interest on July 14 is (unexpectedly) thicker than it was last year at the same time, and a heck of a lot more than what some climate models and Al Gore projected a bit more than 10 years ago:

• Like 5

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

The arctic is cold. Certainly in the NW Passage. It's much colder this time this year from last.

You cold loving guys in the north will like this.

https://notrickszone.com/2019/07/19/2019-climate-ship-of-fools-run-into-3-meter-thick-ice-baffin-inlets-mid-summer-ice-extent-no-trend-in-50-years/

IMG_3833.PNG

This year Arctic sea ice in the area of interest on July 14 is (unexpectedly) thicker than it was last year at the same time, and a heck of a lot more than what some climate models and Al Gore projected a bit more than 10 years ago:

Noteworthy also is the area near Alaska as well.
  • Like 2

Volcanic activity is following the Solar Minimum affect. We will see increased volcanic activity along with increased earthquakes in the years ahead.

Ubinas volcano in Peru blasted to life

Ash plume reached 25,000 feet

Seismically experiencing up to 400 quakes per day.

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/ubinas/news/83655/Ubinas-volcano-Peru-activity-update-Powerful-explosive-eruption.html

IMG_3834.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

The red icons are currently active and the orange icons are volcanos on heightened alert.

IMG_3837.JPG

Total number of quakes over the past 90 days.

IMG_3838.PNG

• Like 4

Noteworthy also is the area near Alaska as well.

I'll add to this thought. One reason I highlight this area near AK is that the water there is scorching in relationship to average. This has a bearing on our weather and Arctic storm development in autumn and winter. I know it's a chicken/egg argument but it's been proven to lower pressures east of that area and pump the cold down. We'll see how it goes. Given my belief that solar radiance/irradiance changes the ocean temperatures, we should see a change there as sun angles keep dropping.

Recent Lunar observations may tie in to your discussion here. An uptick in recent activity has been observed.

Moonquakes do occur. There are three prodomante types, deep, shallow and thermal. Then there is the impact type, never know about that. Deep quakes may and mostly likely are responsible for recent transitory flashes of light observed by many observatories over the last few weeks. Deep quakes most likely produce outgassing, its interaction with solar particles are thought to produce these flashes.

Ref: https://phys.org/news/2019-05-moon.html

A Moon discussion must include the dust elevation phenomenon. This is a fascinating event that involves a thermal electrostatic eteology. It happens shortly after sunrise. The phenomonon was first observed by Apollo astronauts. NASA image below.

horizon-glow.jpg

1953 transitory flash:

lunar-flare-TLP-Leon-Stuart-Nov-15-1953-800x801.png

The new discovery of water ice at the poles of the Moon must be mentioned. The new Moon base will injoy free water. That is to say, it is not bound. Artemis is the twin sister of Apollo. We all await the first woman on the Moon.

Image Lunar water ice from LRO:

Screen-Shot-2013-06-03-at-11.15.28-AM.jpg

• Like 4

"An aside," is a term used by the late 'Hort' of the 'Mars Rover Blog.' He was one of the best raw image processors of all time. You can find him on flicker, goggle, Hortonheardawho.

Venus is totally volcanic. Recent data is limited. A raw view of the surface basalt flows below.

ev4f0a646b.jpg

• Like 3

An uptick in volcanic activity was seen in the last GSM and the planet is seeing lot's of volcanic activity currently supplying plenty of ash distribution into the atmosphere.

Volcanoes Today, 24 Jul 2019

Popocatépetl volcano, Dukono, Reventador, Ubinas, Sakurajima, Sangeang Api, Sabancaya

All the above volcanos are under ash advisories and active explosive activity is reported.

Ash plumes are reported between 8000 and 20,000 ft.

Popocatepetl is affecting flights in and around Mexico City.

I want to keep earthquake reports to 5.0+ for brevity

5.8 New Zealand depth 33km

5.1 Bali Region depth 113 km

• Like 1

Wow!  This thread is generating a lot of interest and a lot of excellent insights.  This solar cycle stuff is fascinating to me.  Hard to believe solar activity correlates with geologic activity, but the evidence is quite overwhelming.  The effects of solar cycles on weather are a bit easier to understand, but still extremely complicated.

Right now the sun is in a very long quiet period with activity over the last 70 days being nearly non existent.  Any spots that develop have been tiny and very short lived.  The standard curves model for sunspot activity (which has been the most accurate as of late) indicates this very quiet period should last well into 2020.  Hopefully the cumulative effect of this very low cycle coupled with the last cycle also being quiet will produce some major global cooling!

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The left made a mob style media push on global warming today. Now claim zero doubt. Pressing global banks, etc...

This may not fit here, but it's horrible. Breaks my heart

Let's hope the global warming freaks will be made fools of by a major cool period in the near future.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I believe strongly that sometime before 2025 that the New Madrid will roll. That one would destroy US shipping for a good duration.

It is a fault that you never hear of anymore. I drive over part of it at least a couple of times per year.

As for the cosmic rays/solar, there is a definite link.

Awhile ago, maybe 15 years or so, experts were forecasting a possible major quake along the New Madrid, but that never really happened. I’m guessing it will occur when no one is really expecting it.
  • Like 3

The evidence is growing and becoming clear that we have dificult days ahead. We won't find the information in any general or mainstream sources. We'll have to dig. Many of the these researchers have been shunned, however, thankfully they're stubborn and they follow the facts they uncover.

They can't stop what's coming, but they can warn us to prepare. Maybe learn some more gardening. Myself, I am considering a move from the city into a larger piece of property closer to family. It's going to be a haul.

I'm no kid anymore and I know I won't be able to fend for myself and my husband alone as we grow older. Public problems and needs will multiply. This will precipitate a cascade of social problems and unrest. Best to prepare.

Whoever thought that we'd see ourselves facing something like this?

Many of you that are young will not see life as it is or was in your lifetime again.

According to a separate study, ‘Explosive volcanic eruptions triggered by cosmic rays: Volcano as a bubble chamber’ scientists ToshikazuEbisuzaki et al find that the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption may have been triggered by an increase in cosmic-rays. They examined the timing of 11 eruptive events that produced silica-rich magma from four volcanoes in Japan and found:

“Nine of the 11 events occurred during inactive phases of solar magnetic activity (solar minimum), which is well indexed by the group sunspot number. This strong association between eruption timing and the solar minimum is statistically significant to a confidence level of 96.7%. This relationship is not observed for eruptions from volcanoes with relatively silica-poor magma, such as Izu-Ohshima. It is well known that the cosmic-ray flux is negatively correlated with solar magnetic activity, as the strong magnetic field in the solar wind repels charged particles such as galactic cosmic rays that originate from outside of the solar system.”

https://principia-scientific.org/do-cosmic-rays-trigger-earthquakes-volcanic-eruptions/

Like the deeper Maunder and Spörer Minimums preceding it, the Dalton brought on a period of lower-than-average global temperatures. The Oberlach Station in Germany, for example, experienced a 2C decline over 20 years, which devastated the country’s food production.

The Year Without a Summer also occurred during the Dalton Minimum, in 1816. It was caused by a combination of already low temperatures plus the aftereffects of the second largest volcanic eruption in 2000 years: Mount Tambora’s VEI 7 on April 10, 1815.

https://electroverse.net/nasa-predicts-next-solar-cycle-will-be-lowest-in-200-years-dalton-minimum-levels-the-implications/

I’ld actually be more concerned about some rogue nation blowing off a EMP (electro magnetic pulse) bomb in the upper atmosphere somewhere. You probably wouldn’t find out when it exploded, but it would be catastrophic to most of the USA if it were released over the center of our country. All electronics would be fried, therefore all planes would fall from the sky, and eventually mass starvation, etc.,etc!

This doomsday post maybe doesn’t belong in this thread.

The book ‘One Second After’ explains it in story form

No doubt an EMP is catastrophic to the nation, but generally we're talking about the Grand Solar Minimum here.

I take your point though. The sun is capable of dishing out some powerful shots to the planet as well with devastating affects. Either way, I hope I'm not around then.

• Like 1

Wow! This thread is generating a lot of interest and a lot of excellent insights. This solar cycle stuff is fascinating to me. Hard to believe solar activity correlates with geologic activity, but the evidence is quite overwhelming. The effects of solar cycles on weather are a bit easier to understand, but still extremely complicated.

Right now the sun is in a very long quiet period with activity over the last 70 days being nearly non existent. Any spots that develop have been tiny and very short lived. The standard curves model for sunspot activity (which has been the most accurate as of late) indicates this very quiet period should last well into 2020. Hopefully the cumulative effect of this very low cycle coupled with the last cycle also being quiet will produce some major global cooling!

Hello Snow! Missed you being more active around the place.

Yes, this is an excellent time to begin to put the big picture together. Geologic and solar are definitely "co-conspirators" here. We will see an uptick in quakes, and volcanic activity in the years ahead. The ash from some of the big ones could affect climate. And going back in history there was a massive tsunami that hit the NW coast from a Japanese earthquake. The timeline was 1700's during the later part of the Little Ice Age.

Watching this unfold is fascinating and it will affect everyone of us.

• Like 1

Volcanoes Today, 25 Jul 2019: Explosive Activity Continues with Volcanic Ash Advisory. Ash plumes between 8,000-23,000 ft.

All of today's volcanos are interfering with airlines.

Karymsky volcano

Popocatépetl,

Dukano, (located between New Guinea and Borneo)

Reventador,

Ubinas,

Sabancaya

Currently, there there are 4 known bodies of our Solar System with still active volcanic activity:

Earth

Io, the moon of Jupiter

Triton, the moon of Neptune

Enceladus, the moon of Saturn.

Venus may have Activity though none has been reported.

Mars has had Activity as previously posted by Wxmidatlantic

Hello Snow! Missed you being more active around the place.

Yes, this is an excellent time to begin to put the big picture together. Geologic and solar are definitely "co-conspirators" here. We will see an uptick in quakes, and volcanic activity in the years ahead. The ash from some of the big ones could affect climate. And going back in history there was a massive tsunami that hit the NW coast from a Japanese earthquake. The timeline was 1700's during the later part of the Little Ice Age.

Watching this unfold is fascinating and it will affect everyone of us.

In the year 1700 Japan was also hit by a tsunami that was caused by a massive quake in the NW.  They think that one was around a 9.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The left made a mob style media push on global warming today. Now claim zero doubt. Pressing global banks, etc...

This may not fit here, but it's horrible. Breaks my heart

How about scientists made a push and the media reported it.  Most "right" people know the globe is warming.  It's not a debate.  What to do about it may be.  

• Like 1

This is a significant discovery that if proven and developed, it will assist solar scientists in determining the onset of a new solar cycle in a more accurate way.

'Terminators' on the Sun trigger plasma tsunamis and the start of new solar cycles

https://phys.org/news/2019-07-terminators-sun-trigger-plasma-tsunamis.html

"In the next year, we should have a unique opportunity to extensively observe a terminator event as it unfolds and then to watch the launch of Sunspot Cycle 25," McIntosh said. "We believe the results, especially if the terminator arrives when predicted, could revolutionize our understanding of the solar interior and the processes that create sunspots and shape the sunspot cycle."

The paper on solar tsunamis, led by NCAR scientist Mausumi Dikpati and published in Scientific Reports, explores the possible mechanisms behind the observations. It suggests that coronal bright points are markers for the movement of the Sun's "toroidal magnetic fields," which wrap around the Sun like rubber bands stretching in the east-west direction and migrate slowly toward the equator over the same two decades.

When these toroidal magnetic fields bob to the surface, they create sunspots along with the bright points they were already producing. As they travel, they also act as magnetic dams, trapping plasma behind them. When the toroidal magnetic fields from the Sun's northern and southern hemispheres touch in the middle, their opposing charges cause their mutual annihilation, releasing the pent-up fluid behind them in a tsunami. This fluid rushes forward, collides, and then ripples backward, traveling toward the poles at a rate of about 300 meters per second.

As the solar tsunami reaches the Sun's mid-latitudes, it encounters the toroidal magnetic fields of the next cycle, which are already marching toward the equator (this progression is marked by the path of coronal bright points) but traveling deeper within the Sun's interior. The tsunami buoys those magnetic fields, lifting them toward the surface and producing the remarkable surge of bright points—and accompanying sunspot activity—that marks the beginning of the new sunspot cycle.

• Like 1

Hottest June on record. Climate Scientists are freaks!! I'll trust pros over amateurs with an agenda.

Only 'agenda' I have had all my life is, "Love thy neighbor, as thyself".

That includes those who have and assert their amazing freedom and right to disagree with me.

• Like 2

Not massive but it was a city killer. Apparently they didn't see it until it brushed Earth.

Posted on it in the polite politics thread. Crazy.

I know its NASA but they're political academic manipulators these days more so than science.

It begs the question, what the heck are they really doing besides climate scare bullcrap? It's just angering. How do you miss that!?!?

• Like 2

Today's Volcanic Activity

Explosive Activity-

Reventado. -Ash Plume up to 15,000 ft

Dukono. -Ash Plume Up to 7000 ft.

Sangeang Api - Ash Plume to 8000 ft.

Tangkubanparahu - Ash Plume to 9000 ft.

Sabancaya.- Ash Plume to 27,000 ft.

Ash Advisory for-

Nevados de Chillan

Popocatepetl

Etna

Sakurajima.

Earthquakes 5.0+

Philippines. 5.7, and 5.3 and 5.0

New Zealand 5.2

Pacific Antarctic Ridge 5.1 and 5.0, (4.9 pre quake)

Today's Volcanic Activity

Explosive Activity-

Reventado. -Ash Plume up to 15,000 ft

Dukono. -Ash Plume Up to 7000 ft.

Sangeang Api - Ash Plume to 8000 ft.

Tangkubanparahu - Ash Plume to 9000 ft.

Sabancaya.- Ash Plume to 27,000 ft.

Ash Advisory for-

Nevados de Chillan

Popocatepetl

Etna

Sakurajima.

Earthquakes 5.0+

Philippines. 5.7, and 5.3 and 5.0

New Zealand 5.2

Pacific Antarctic Ridge 5.1 and 5.0, (4.9 pre quake)

Very very active. Wow.

• Like 1

SE Asia is pretty busy.

• Like 1

Something I haven't seen in a long time (probably ever). I know I mentioned black stone cherries here being overloaded, but I noticed a group of full size cherry trees today that are absolutely breaking themselves to pieces with fruit. Unreal. They are bent and mangled so badly with the weight that you wouldn't identify them correctly without their fruit. Impressive. Never saw that before. I've saw peaches, apples put on really heavy but never cherry trees like these. In fact, I didn't even know they were cherry trees and I've been driving by them for the better part of the last 13 years. Incredible.

• Like 2

Spiders have started building webs like mad this week as well.

My oaks are still overloaded and getting heavier by the day.

Blackberries finally dried up and withered last week.

Walnut and persimmons all dropped fruit prematurely, unusual.

Oklahoma is famous for the persimmon lady, but if she lived in eastern Oklahoma, she'd be blind this season. Lol. What a year.