Rise in Stochastic Events

Very interesting information regarding the volcano in New Guinea..

VOLCANIC GASES REACH THE STRATOSPHERE AGAIN: For the second time this year, a volcano has injected sulfurous gases into the stratosphere. NASA satellites find that emissions from the Ulawun volcano in New Guinea reached the stratosphere on Aug. 3rd, following a similar eruption from the Raikoke volcano in the Kirul Islands on June 22nd. This latest ejection of SO2could produce volcanic sunsets in the tropics and the southern hemisphere for months to come.

I've learned that tropical volcano's have more of an impact cooling the atmosphere than in the higher latitudes.  If indeed there is ash rising high up into the Strat, this will undoubtedly contribute to blocking rays from the Sun.

• Like 3

Everyone's been incredibly quiet lately. Tell me, there have been over 65 earthquakes in Kansas and Oklahoma over the past week.

Now, to put it plainly, ...that ain't normal.

As this is a solar Minimum thread perhaps we should consider that this might be a side effect of the GSM. Quakes pick up during that period, as does volcanic action which has been pretty stable lately. Something's always popping off, but no big ones as yet. The next solar cycle is forecast to be lower than this last one. So, maybe things are just getting warmed up.

I'll ask again....any thoughts on this? Or are you just content to read and not think and share?

It's getting weird out there. And it will affect us all.

Andie, I applaud your enthusiasm in this subject and your contribution.  Your keeping this thread interesting.  I've been very busy with work and have my mind in other ongoing projects.  As for my opinion on the GSM, esp this coming Winter and/or cold season, I personally think both North America and Europe are going to see major impacts of the cold coming.  I've been studying the latest behavior of the Strat and some eye popping levels are transpiring that will have a big effects to our global weather patterns in the near term.

As far as the future goes, we are just entering the first real side effects of the GSM.  By 2022, or even by later next year, depending on how bad the next growing season gets, we may be on the verge of countries around the globe seeing food shortages.  We won't necessarily see them this year, but next year may be a different story.  We still have plenty of food storage's in place but once they run out, it's going to get ugly.

I'm really worried about earthquakes targeting the west coast next year.  I just got this awkward feeling something is getting ready to hit that region.  The earth is getting very active and the Sun is literally asleep.  The times are changing faster than many have predicted.

• Like 1

Its great to hear your thoughts guys. They reflect many of my own.

These cycles are just starting to add up on each other.

The volcanic activity has been more intense this year with SO2. Usually they pop off, interfere with airlines, then dissipate. Volcanos reaching higher altitudes is a sure sign that there are these deep earth pressures are building up and big magma chambers winding up for the pitch.

I'm with you Tom, the earthquakes are getting weird. I've been holding my breath on the Cascades and Southern California for some time. The recent quakes east of the LA area were concerning. Although it doesn't necessarily indicate the big one is next.

The quake swarm in Kansas and Oklahoma has been raising a lot of eyebrows.

And yes, the growth of a new glacier has certainly escaped the eyes of the global warming media.

It isn't any one event usually, so much as it's the collective. And it's slowly adding up

Seemingly unrelated events are painting a picture that reveals the earth is undergoing a very big change.

Ice Ages don't typically send out big announcements. They reveal themselves in the dynamic if we keep our eyes open.

Keep searching out the news guys. We're off to a good start!

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

While the media hypes the death of a glacier in Iceland, :https://www.sciencealert.com/iceland-just-held-a-funeral-for-the-first-glacier-killed-by-climate-change

Are we seeing the birth of a new one in California??? https://www.iceagenow.info/new-glacier-forming-in-california/

It was on a motherflipping volcano for crying out loud!! Good grief!!

I'm no geoscientist but, I could see how an awakening volcano might affect a glacier. Goodness.

Happy Glacier day California. :lol:

"Um, why's that snow there?"

I'd love to hear the answers (excuses) to that question.

• Like 1

Can someone explain how we're getting these right now? I thought a quiet sun would prohibit these.

Just love them. Beautiful pictures Tom.

I hope to see these live one day. I understand they make sounds sometimes. Amazing things.

The auroras we are seeing during the deep solar minimum are caused by holes in the sun's corona.  The coronal holes cause an increase in the solar wind.

I live far enough north to see auroras every few years.  It is quite spectacular.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Todays x-ray flux and radio flux combination was the lowest in several months.  Very deep solar minimum continues.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Wow!

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Everyone's been incredibly quiet lately. Tell me, there have been over 65 earthquakes in Kansas and Oklahoma over the past week.

Now, to put it plainly, ...that ain't normal.

As this is a solar Minimum thread perhaps we should consider that this might be a side effect of the GSM. Quakes pick up during that period, as does volcanic action which has been pretty stable lately. Something's always popping off, but no big ones as yet. The next solar cycle is forecast to be lower than this last one. So, maybe things are just getting warmed up.

I'll ask again....any thoughts on this? Or are you just content to read and not think and share?

It's getting weird out there. And it will affect us all.

I've read numerous articles saying that those numerous small earthquakes are caused indirectly, by all of the 'fracking', and maybe more directly by the disposal of waste water from the fracking process in that region and I tend to believe that since they started when oil and gas fracking began in full force. So those quakes are actually human caused!

Perhaps.

I've read everything blamed on fracking here in Texas, including our occasional rare quakes, which we got before fracking began.

I'm not saying some aren't. Heavy forcing of water into some faults may cause a quake, but to see a sudden cluster like this is suspicious.

I'm sure they've been disposing of water for some time. So the sudden explsion of quakes in a short period of time is suspicious. If it continues, it may well be like those around Guthrie, Oklahoma. But only time will tell.

On a side note. We've had fracking all around us in Texas for a long time, yet we don't see clusters like that despite plenty of small intercontinental faults in our gas areas.

• Like 2

Perhaps.

I've read everything blamed on fracking here in Texas, including our occasional rare quakes, which we got before fracking began.

I'm not saying some aren't. Heavy forcing of water into some faults may cause a quake, but to see a sudden cluster like this is suspicious.

I'm sure they've been disposing of water for some time. So the sudden explsion of quakes in a short period of time is suspicious. If it continues, it may well be like those around Guthrie, Oklahoma. But only time will tell.

On a side note. We've had fracking all around us in Texas for a long time, yet we don't see clusters like that despite plenty of small intercontinental faults in our gas areas.

That’s possible. I really don’t know and was just going by what I read, but maybe those articles were written by some liberals getting all bent out of shape by the damage that fracking causes.

I theorize that stochastic process is a reflection, or physical presentation, of quantum process. That's why it can not be presisly predicted, or as us weather folk say, forecast and verified.

Totality is a fact. Nothing is separate. It has been said that a butterfly flapping it's wings can cause a rain shower in another location. This statement is witness to this connectivity of all things both of the visible and invisible spectrum.

Andie witnessed this fact. Solar minimum should reduce solar flares and CME's. It has, but the glorious Aurora dance in the sky. There must be something more. There is, we just have not figured it out yet. That is the allure of science. Here we are witnessing falsifiability.

I have mentioned spirit. Spirit is the realm of invisibility. Thought and consciousness are real, but there are no mathematics to explain them. Do they really exist? I think yes. Just a thought.

All thought produces form on some level. You can think of a chair, draw diagrams and produce it. It will then be here on the physical plane. What about your other thoughts? Would they not present themselves as chaos in the universe, or are they quantum possibilities. No way to forecast that.

Like most here I look to the cosmos, but think of this. It is just as far in as out. If you went half way to the Moon everyday, you would never get there.

My hero Carl Sagan.

• Like 1

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

I theorize that stochastic process is a reflection, or physical presentation, of quantum process. That's why it can not be presisly predicted, or as us weather folk say, forecast and verified.

Totality is a fact. Nothing is separate. It has been said that a butterfly flapping it's wings can cause a rain shower in another location. This statement is witness to this connectivity of all things both of the visible and invisible spectrum.

Andie witnessed this fact. Solar minimum should reduce solar flares and CME's. It has, but the glorious Aurora dance in the sky. There must be something more. There is, we just have not figured it out yet. That is the allure of science. Here we are witnessing falsifiability.

I have mentioned spirit. Spirit is the realm of invisibility. Thought and consciousness are real, but there are no mathematics to explain them. Do they really exist? I think yes. Just a thought.

All thought produces form on some level. You can think of a chair, draw diagrams and produce it. It will then be here on the physical plane. What about your other thoughts? Would they not present themselves as chaos in the universe, or are they quantum possibilities. No way to forecast that.

Like most here I look to the cosmos, but think of this. It is just as far in as out. If you went half way to the Moon everyday, you would never get there.

My hero Carl Sagan.

There is a carefulness that can be gained from Mr. Sagan's postulations. I'd urge caution with wisdom.

The foolishness of God is still wiser than any man.

I don't know if Mr. Sagan ever left that door open widely enough. That creator-mind-object statement that you speak of is more evidence than most will ever give credit to.

If a weak and fallible human can hold that power, and discern rhythm in the chaos....well, it had to come from somewhere or Someone. Lest we think ourselves wise, we become fools.

If we entertain spirit, why not the very Breath of our Creator? The Engineer of all things.

• Like 1

Awesome article Tom. No doubt our sunsets will be more brilliant after these two volcanic eruptions this year.

I'm reminded of the paintings by the artist Turner. His work was heavily influenced by the 1815 eruption of Mt. Tambora which resulted in the Year Without a Summer and so many went hungry that winter.

Here are some of his paintings. The atmosphere was filled with particulate and the skies were brilliant and color filled.

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

• Like 2

My hero Carl Sagan.

Beautiful post Wxmidatlantic.

I believe once we embrace the quantum aspects of existence we will begin to become fully awakened to who we are. The universe is indeed "spooky" to paraphrase Einstein.

To try to stay on topic, I think that many elements are coming together to form a new environment for humans.

..........Not just climate, but our very existence and consciousness.

• Like 3

Let's make this climate issue exponentially worse. What d'ya say ??

The "lungs of the world" are dying.

Brazil and the Congo are on fire. Torched by an irresponsible and ignorant government official with absolutely no idea that the earth is a living thing and the rainforests are necessary.

Brazil currently has 2.214 million square miles...miles! that is on fire.

The Congo has 1.52 million square miles currently ablaze.

The Amazon and Congo are considered to be the lungs of the world. This is equal to a person inhaling a carton of cigarettes per Day! Or worse. 20% of our oxygen is created in the Amazon. Burning at a record rate. The President of Brazil believes it creates land for farmers, so this man sets fires! He says the "damage is modest?" He's an idiot. Actually, he gives idiots a bad name.

Air quality is so bad in São Paolo, that the skies went as dark and 10 pm at 4pm and it is 2050 miles away from the fires. Air quality is as bad as Beijing in areas, yet these morons can't figure out that destroying a sensitive natural resource is bad! ?? To make matters worse, the land once cleared is of very poor quality and takes a great deal of commercial fertilizer to get a crop out of it, then it poops out and is essentially dead ground. The fertilizer goes into the rivers and ruins the life in it and flows out into the the ocean. But hey, it's a modest change.

This will destroy the air across the planet. And how long will it take to recover due to population growth IF they allow the forest to return?

Where's The Sierra Club International when you need them? Where's the people screaming climate change? Where's common sense?

I see this as a science minded person. I never wanted to get on a climate vigilante wagon, but look at what we're losing!

WE'RE SCREWED !!

Jackpot! That one wont take long to influence the N. HEM. Love it!

I saw some picture from New Mexico yesterday that indicate volcanic aerosols have already begun to color the skies across the Southern US.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Let's make this climate issue exponentially worse. What d'ya say ??

The "lungs of the world" are dying.

Brazil and the Congo are on fire. Torched by an irresponsible and ignorant government official with absolutely no idea that the earth is a living thing and the rainforests are necessary.

Brazil currently has 2.214 million square miles...miles! that is on fire.

The Congo has 1.52 million square miles currently ablaze.

The Amazon and Congo are considered to be the lungs of the world. This is equal to a person inhaling a carton of cigarettes per Day! Or worse. 20% of our oxygen is created in the Amazon. Burning at a record rate. The President of Brazil believes it creates land for farmers, so this man sets fires! He says the "damage is modest?" He's an idiot. Actually, he gives idiots a bad name.

Air quality is so bad in São Paolo, that the skies went as dark and 10 pm at 4pm and it is 2050 miles away from the fires. Air quality is as bad as Beijing in areas, yet these morons can't figure out that destroying a sensitive natural resource is bad! ?? To make matters worse, the land once cleared is of very poor quality and takes a great deal of commercial fertilizer to get a crop out of it, then it poops out and is essentially dead ground. The fertilizer goes into the rivers and ruins the life in it and flows out into the the ocean. But hey, it's a modest change.

This will destroy the air across the planet. And how long will it take to recover due to population growth IF they allow the forest to return?

Where's The Sierra Club International when you need them? Where's the people screaming climate change? Where's common sense?

I see this as a science minded person. I never wanted to get on a climate vigilante wagon, but look at what we're losing!

WE'RE SCREWED !!

This is an orchestrated disaster. Paid for by the highest bidder. Has nothing to do with farmers.

Sierra Club is a criminal lobbying organization that interferes in the lives of poor people who work incredibly hard. They're busy harassing working people and farmers. They're lawyers and terrorists themselves.

Sierras may be a harassment, but let them harass those wrecking the Amazon. They'll do something useful for a change.

To clear up my angry rap, these fires are not destroying the earth's oxygen. It is however trashing the air quality, and the,plants and ecosystem that provides habitat for beneficial and even undiscovered species, along with undiscovered medicinal plants and contains soil erosion. The soil is poor and the amazon and Congo are like a giant filter and Brazil and Africa are vaping like crazy.

This is just gives stupid a whole new definition. They deserve being annoyed et nauseum by a group like Sierra. They can be useful for a change.

Sierras may be a harassment, but let them harass those wrecking the Amazon. They'll do something useful for a change.

To clear up my angry rap, these fires are not destroying the earth's oxygen. It is however trashing the air quality, and the,plants and ecosystem that provides habitat for beneficial and even undiscovered species, along with undiscovered medicinal plants and contains soil erosion. The soil is poor and the amazon and Congo are like a giant filter and Brazil and Africa are vaping like crazy.

This is just gives stupid a whole new definition. They deserve being annoyed et nauseum by a group like Sierra. They can be useful for a change.

Yes. If they want a real cause, for sure. Go fight a real enemy. Absolutely.

Ironically, ash and smoke cool the globe though. Lol. Along with volcanic eruptions etc that we're talking about here. Our earth is greener elsewhere over the last 35 years than any period since the satellite era began. What if it greens up Africa and desert parts of Australia in return? Interesting to think about.

I think they'll regret it.  Poor soil is poor soil. The ancient cultures spent all their energy placing nutrients into their soil to feed their community.  Modern fertilizers may force crops, but think of how fertilizers will affect rivers.  I don't know, it's a lousy idea.

Here is yet another example of how deep solar minimums can effect conditions on our planet.  In China somebody captured a stunning photo of a super sprite which scientists believe are more common during major solar minimums.

https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2019/09/01/a-super-sprite-over-china/

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Impressive numbers mounting for this solar min now.  The monthly average for Jun, Jul, and August holds its own with any three month period during the minumum for the previous cycle.

VS

To lend some context to that....the 1995-96 solar min didn't have a single month average below 10 and that cycle was lower than some during the recent solar grand maximum..

• Like 4

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Impressive numbers mounting for this solar min now. The monthly average for Jun, Jul, and August holds its own with any three month period during the minumum for the previous cycle.

VS

To lend some context to that....the 1995-96 solar min didn't have a single month average below 10 and that cycle was lower than some during the recent solar grand maximum..

One could possibly say that the solar era around 1918-2018 is officially over. I don't know any other years in that span as low as what we have seen this year. Someone may be able to correct me on that.

I, for one, am anxious to see the effects of this.

• Like 1

It's not a coincidence that NASA began a mission to study our Sun and launched the Parker Solar Probe to farther understand our brightest star.

https://www.space.com/parker-solar-probe-third-sun-flyby-success.html 

• Like 1

It's not a coincidence that NASA began a mission to study our Sun and launched the Parker Solar Probe to farther understand our brightest star.

https://www.space.com/parker-solar-probe-third-sun-flyby-success.html 

The science coming out of the solar studies over the next 10 years will be very interesting.

• Like 1

I'm just glad I'm not crazy. That's all. Even with bent and modified evidence, they can't hide or change it all. The last 10 years, I've been stating what is in that article but when all you have is twisted evidence, you can't "prove" anything. They haven't predicted a correct or high enough peak in solar in over 23 years.

The temperature record in areas like mine bears solid evidence for solar cycles being the largest influence on things like ice events vs snow events, summer heating and short-term temperature extremes. When detrended for ENSO and variance in the N. PAC, I'm sure the trendline is even clearer here in the heartland.

I still believe that 1998 was the hottest year globally. Not 2012. The science doesn't support 2012 being the warmest year, with exception to maybe only on the N. American continent. My $.02 worth. I'm just happy an article backs me up word or word.

60 year arctic sea ice cycles?

Interesting paper written in 2015 worth a read.

https://researchonline.jcu.edu.au/38582/4/Parker222015JGEESI16694.pdf

It has both the modified and detrended data side-by-side. Worth looking at.

Of note also, sea ice loss has rapidly caused again and are now over 100k above annual minimum indicating the freezing season is largely underway. We almost had a record early minimum. Very cool.

• Like 1