Rise in Stochastic Events

It will be interesting if we see a temperture drop in global temperatures in the next few years once we get past the ocean warming releases.

It could very well be starting this year...if the climate models are right, there may be an expansive basin wide moderate La Nina forming this summer/fall...will a new decade be the beginning of a decade of cooling???  I think many gov'ts around the world know whats coming.

cfs-mon_01_sstaMean_month_global_7.png

It could very well be starting this year...if the climate models are right, there may be an expansive basin wide moderate La Nina forming this summer/fall...will a new decade be the beginning of a decade of cooling???  I think many gov'ts around the world know whats coming.

cfs-mon_01_sstaMean_month_global_7.png

well there is little question in my mind Tom that this very warm nation wide winter will be balanced out sooner or later mother nature has away of balancing things out eventually.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well there is little question in my mind Tom that this very warm nation wide winter will be balanced out sooner or later mother nature has away of balancing things out eventually.

Good to see common sense. The weather always averages out.....

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The sun continues to sleep very deeply.  The deepest solar minimum since 1823 now.  Many expected the brief increase in a activity a couple of months ago to be the beginning of a big awakening.  Instead it has reverted back to very low flux / sunspot levels that were seen during the deepest slumber several months ago.  This is shaping up to be a very noteworthy solar minimum!

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The sun continues to sleep very deeply.  The deepest solar minimum since 1823 now.  Many expected the brief increase in a activity a couple of months ago to be the beginning of a big awakening.  Instead it has reverted back to very low flux / sunspot levels that were seen during the deepest slumber several months ago.  This is shaping up to be a very noteworthy solar minimum!

I remember reading a post on Spaceweather some weeks ago when the sun spot activity began thinking it was the beginning of Solar Cycle 25 but since then as you said the sun has been eerily quiet since.  I wonder if we can come close to last year's very low sun spot count.  200 spotless days seems like a reasonable mark to hit....is 250 days a stretch???  I really believe this cold season will produce that blocking in Winter we have not seen in a while.  

Spotless Days

Current Stretch: 9 days

2020 total: 152 days (75%)

2019 total: 281 days (77%)

2018 total: 221 days (61%)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very interesting article and a must read as we begin to see the slow drip of information coming out of the government agencies.  The coming GSM may be turning some heads in the coming years as more data is digested.  I'm beginning to wonder if the Parker Solar Probe is providing valuable data of the Sun.  It is my opinion they purposely sent out this probe to study the sun prior to the depths of the upcoming GSM.  What do you all think??

https://electroverse.net/noaa-confirms-a-full-blown-grand-solar-minimum/

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/parker-solar-probe

Very interesting article and a must read as we begin to see the slow drip of information coming out of the government agencies. The coming GSM may be turning some heads in the coming years as more data is digested. I'm beginning to wonder if the Parker Solar Probe is providing valuable data of the Sun. It is my opinion they purposely sent out this probe to study the sun prior to the depths of the upcoming GSM. What do you all think??

https://electroverse.net/noaa-confirms-a-full-blown-grand-solar-minimum/

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/parker-solar-probe

Grand solar min it is brother. The top people know now that something is coming. No more climate change agenda.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The sun is in yet another unexpected deep sleep.  23 spotless days and this is nearly a year past the peak of the minimum.  This time it coupled with multiple days of AP in the 0 to 2 range.  Amazingly there were a couple of tiny cycle 24 spots (too small to be counted) a few days ago.  That means more quiet days are likely ahead.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This is extremely important and needs to be posted here. The weather over Cali/West and Alaska, while unprecedented in our era is not without significance. This has lasting effects on global temperature and could have massive effects on the climate variance of the northern hemisphere for many years to come.

10000ft pyrocumulus is same as a volcano.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/californias-wildfire-smoke-plumes-are-unlike-anything-previously-seen/ar-BB18Y54b?li=BBnb7Kz

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 4:18 AM, Tom said:

I remember reading a post on Spaceweather some weeks ago when the sun spot activity began thinking it was the beginning of Solar Cycle 25 but since then as you said the sun has been eerily quiet since.  I wonder if we can come close to last year's very low sun spot count.  200 spotless days seems like a reasonable mark to hit....is 250 days a stretch???  I really believe this cold season will produce that blocking in Winter we have not seen in a while.  

Looks like today is 200 spotless days for the year.  250 would really be pushing it, but who knows!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Quite the space age we are in the midst of living through....a string of 3 years with 200+ spotless days of our majestic sun???  High lat Blocking will be a big deal this winter and spring.  I could already see what this means for Europe and the U.S. for the winter season.

Spotless Days
Current Stretch: 10 days
2020 total: 200 days (71%)
2019 total: 281 days (77%)
2018 total: 221 days (61%)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd drop this article here which explains the new Space Weather Bill that President Trump signed into law.  It basically allows the government to obtain many more assets to study space weather and the relationship between the Sun and Earth.

https://spacepolicyonline.com/news/president-signs-proswift-space-weather-bill-but-with-caveats/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We have something on the calendar to look forward to that has not happened in centuries.  Th Winter Solstice.  Our stars are aligning in patterns that have not been seen for ages.  This coincides with what @weatherfan2012 posted above.  

Very interesting article: https://electroverse.net/the-solar-retrograde-cycle-and-little-ice-ages/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread will prob become very active this year as I'm seeing some big events taking place and this might be just the beginning.  Earthquakes and volcano's are targeting the known hot spots where we should be paying attn to as we head deeper into the solar min.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:48 AM, Tom said:

This thread will prob become very active this year as I'm seeing some big events taking place and this might be just the beginning.  Earthquakes and volcano's are targeting the known hot spots where we should be paying attn to as we head deeper into the solar min.

Agreed yet many are still a sleep at the wheel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Volcanic activity picking up. 
Mt Etna  remain active and now the Caribbean wakes up. 

“The Caribbean island of St Vincent has declared a red alert and issued an evacuation order after seismologists warned that the La Soufrière volcano shows signs of an imminent eruption.”

The Guardian  

Edited by Andie
Auto mispell
  • Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I think it’s going rock and roll for awhile.

Update-
An explosive eruption rocked La Soufriere volcano on the eastern Caribbean island of St. Vincent on Friday following mandatory evacuation orders from the local government.

Emergency management officials said the ash column rose about 20,000 feet (6 kilometers) high and that the ash was headed east into the Atlantic Ocean.

However, heavy ashfall also was reported in communities around the volcano, said Erouscilla Joseph, director of the University of the West Indies Seismic Center.

“More explosions could occur," she said in a phone interview, adding that it was impossible to predict whether they might be bigger or smaller than the first one.

NBC

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

• 1 month later...

Very cool wet May.   Not complaining, but it’s unusual.  Warmth and dry returns next week. So we’ll be back to normal. 

Plant growth off the hook after that deep cold. What didn’t die in the below zero cold is growing like a weed...including the weeds.  

• 4 months later...